Brian

Functional Heat Extractor Hoods

after seeing a 99-04 with the tiger racing hood, it kind of makes me wish i picked it over the one i got... but, that being said, I don't want any issues during rain, and I guarantee you the huge vents on the tiger racing will cause issues, especially on mod motors.

DSC02414.jpg

If your worried about heat, wrap the hot side components, I've dropped engine bay temps by nearly 75* just by header wrap alone on my turbo kits.. Blankets for starter,header wrap,and fire wall aluminum isolator will do wonders..

Sent from my iPhone

I know for me that I'm going to be keeping my OEM hood just in case but I won't be driving this car when it rains and it'll be either under a car cover or stored in a garage (when that time comes) but you bring up a very valid point for those who want to DD their cars and think about those hoods!

If your worried about heat, wrap the hot side components, I've dropped engine bay temps by nearly 75* just by header wrap alone on my turbo kits.. Blankets for starter,header wrap,and fire wall aluminum isolator will do wonders..
Oh ok. Now I see what you mean. Well the point of this thread is to provide information for heat extractor hoods but as for wrapping the hot side components, that is something else I'm probably going to do along with other blankets etc.

This is mainly for the group of us who do Open Track style racing, are building cars for that purpose, or are looking to get the best possible heat extraction. A combination of quality parts (cooling, these hoods) plus wrapping the hot side components will definitely be the most optimal methods for keeping everything as cool as possible. Every bit counts!

Edited by Brian

I know for me that I'm going to be keeping my OEM hood just in case but I won't be driving this car when it rains and it'll be either under a car cover or stored in a garage (when that time comes) but you bring up a very valid point for those who want to DD their cars and think about those hoods!

every time i see more and more pics of it though im second guessing my decision haha. just wish it was more of a cowl though.

DSCN3240.jpg

Haha. I just sent you a message on FB chat Brett about the hood. Think you could return the one you ordered and go for the TR?

meh i just needed some reassurance, I just looked at my hood again, it's secks. lol

Tiger Racing hood rules. Best looking one in this whole thread by a long shot. Brian, I hope you're able to get one.

Don't get a carbon fiber one. They're pretty much race-only pieces. For a daily driver, you'll definitely want the other one.

Paul.

Tiger Racing hood rules. Best looking one in this whole thread by a long shot. Brian, I hope you're able to get one.

Don't get a carbon fiber one. They're pretty much race-only pieces. For a daily driver, you'll definitely want the other one.

Paul.

Thanks Paul! This is going to be a track car but I just don't want to make it a "lift off" style hood so I'm going to stick to fiberglass. Hopefully one of the people will reply back or I might try that phone number that Brett posted. Either way thanks for posting about the Tiger-Racing products. I would have never known about them otherwise.

flare3.jpg
Agent47mustang.jpg

Love both of these cars, although I think the Tiger Racing car has a more finished look to it. The Agent 47 car is definitely badass, but the white one looks like more care was taken in the fit & finish dept.

That's fair, the TR car looks like you could drive it on the street, where the Ag47 looks like it's been into a ditch a few times and everything is just like clipped back together

I wonder if TR can cut out the places for the hood pins so its professionally done.

I want a hood to dzus/pin on but scared to cut holes on the hood aswell. You don't get a secound chance if you mess up :(

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

you could always do the front two facing down through the grill. That is a fiberglass hood you can always fill holes in it with out too much problem. Heck throw a piece of tape on the top, and fill it from the bottom and it would not take long at all, a little sanding on either side and you would never notice.

Use AeroCatch hood pins, like the ones on that S197 I posted. They're much better looking than the ugly ass old school ones.

Paul.

Those are the ones I plan to! Bryan (Det_Riot) turned me on to them. I contacted TR and they replied back asking me to send my request to their email. I asked if they could precut the hood to fit those AeroCatch hood pins. Hoping to hear back soon.

Thanks again Paul.

I am not sure you would want them to cut the holes for you even if they can. Who knows if your car or the one they measured off of was tweaked a little bit and would make the measurement wrong and a bad part before you ever recieved it. Measure twice drill once.

I am not sure you would want them to cut the holes for you even if they can. Who knows if your car or the one they measured off of was tweaked a little bit and would make the measurement wrong and a bad part before you ever recieved it. Measure twice drill once.

and if that doesn't work drill bigger :look:

There like $80-120 for a set of two depending on if they lock or not...

eff that, function > form in this case. I'll spend the $20 for my lanyard style hood pins because racecar.

eff that, function > form in this case. I'll spend the $20 for my lanyard style hood pins because racecar.

Im with ya on that...

$15 pins

ef25f0dc.jpg

$120 pins

84585c69.jpg

Now I dont know about you but an extra $100 can buy something else besides a set of 3" long latches.

if I did an aftermarket hood and had to have pins I would still have them backwards in the grill. Just never liked the look. I can understand the function of them but just never liked the form no matter what brand sticking out honestly.

I like the $15/20 locking pins x4 for a pin on style hood but most seem to be cheap looking like they would break if to much air got under the hood lifting up lol. Might not be as bad with a heat extractor but what do I know :/

Spoke with Paul the GM of Tiger Racing. He told me right now they are only selling the race version (lift off, 8lb, vacuum bagged carbon fiber) at this time and could be upwards of 6+ months before they start making the fiberglass versions again as they are focusing on other things. He said that they do not precut the holes for the hood pins but I replied back asking if he would if I paid extra. No word back on that yet. I mentioned the site and that there are a few others on here who have questions. Not sure how their PR goes but maybe we might see one of their reps join up? I hope but doubtful.