Steve-Oh

Paul might nut himself.

Yea, basically...its a cool swap but really expensive for what you get.

I think if I was gonna waste a bunch of money on an NA motor swap I would do a 5.4 4v swap.

Was just reading this thread where a guy had 10.5 compression, ported heads, cams, sullivan intake and made like 550 rwhp and 440 tq NA.

Probably still would cost less to do than the coyote swap and I have a feeling it would be a bit faster :)

Yea, basically...its a cool swap but really expensive for what you get.

I think if I was gonna waste a bunch of money on an NA motor swap I would do a 5.4 4v swap.

Was just reading this thread where a guy had 10.5 compression, ported heads, cams, sullivan intake and made like 550 rwhp and 440 tq NA.

Probably still would cost less to do than the coyote swap and I have a feeling it would be a bit faster :)

One of my sponsors, Ortiz Performance is doing that swap. 11:1 CR, home ported heads, either 96-98 or 99-01 cams and to top it off he mounted the 5.0 coyote intake on top of it. It looks dope as hell too!

photo.jpg

I think if Brett ever decides retunes and it makes a good amount more power then the comments will go stop. That's what everyone is forgetting. His setup is tuned very conservative and could make a lot more. He has a purpose built car

lol at the 10k 350 rwhp 2v....that is why you dont stay NA with a mod motor.

For less money you can make 500-600 rwhp with boost.....or just bolt a 2k vortech kit on to bone stock car and make 350 rwhp on 7-8 psi.

Yet I haven't touched the tip of the iceberg with e85. 19 degrees is all I'm running, far from Max. Besides that, the $10k he's thinking of includes EVERYTHING I've done to the car. the motor itself was 6k.

Besides that, reliability and heat would be a major problem for my cars purpose of road racing not too mention boost is frowned upon in almost every racing sanction by heavily penalizing any car with forced induction compared to n/a.

I think if Brett ever decides retunes and it makes a good amount more power then the comments will go stop. That's what everyone is forgetting. His setup is tuned very conservative and could make a lot more. He has a purpose built car

Not sure what you are thinking in terms of a "good amount" of power but it wont make that much more power with a more aggressive tune. He is NA.

Even if he made another 50 rwhp, a stock 2v with a 2k vortech kit and a smaller pulley can lay down 400 rwhp.....

Yet I haven't touched the tip of the iceberg with e85. 19 degrees is all I'm running, far from Max. Besides that, the $10k he's thinking of includes EVERYTHING I've done to the car. the motor itself was 6k.

Besides that, reliability and heat would be a major problem for my cars purpose of road racing not too mention boost is frowned upon in almost every racing sanction by heavily penalizing any car with forced induction compared to n/a.

I hear ya, Im not looking down upon it, Its awesome and I know you built it that way for a reason.

Paul likes to do that, but I get his point.

NA 4.6 2v power is expensive

I already have my deposit down with Kurgan. He's saying we can bump timing a full 10 degrees and see a sizable increase in power. I'm not worried even in the slightest about my cars capabilities, because realistically if I want even more power than that, I'll swap to an eddy intake and move the shift point to 8000. The car is FAR from its limitations.

I already have my deposit down with Kurgan. He's saying we can bump timing a full 10 degrees and see a sizable increase in power. I'm not worried even in the slightest about my cars capabilities, because realistically if I want even more power than that, I'll swap to an eddy intake and move the shift point to 8000. The car is FAR from its limitations.

I agree, with an Eddy on top of that and some more RPM's I bet you would see some big gains up top .

I think you should put the eddy on it and put some 4.56s in that bitch. lol

idk, I was under the impression that the gains were not that big with an NA car.

I would be curious to see what it does with 10 degrees of timing in it but I would be extremely surprised if it even made 400 rwhp.

When we stopped, it was gaining about 10whp per degree. so it's got life left in it.

I agree, with an Eddy on top of that and some more RPM's I bet you would see some big gains up top .

I think you should put the eddy on it and put some 4.56s in that bitch. lol

plans are 4.56's with 31 spline Torsen t2r and a G-force dog ring t5 w/ a .82 5th gear.

When we stopped, it was gaining about 10whp per degree. so it's got life left in it.

Good gains but im pretty sure at a certain point those gains will diminish and be non existent.

I wish you the best but I think you've lost it if you think your gonna pick up 100 rwhp when you add 10 degrees of timing. lol

Good gains but im pretty sure at a certain point those gains will diminish and be non existent.

I wish you the best but I think you've lost it if you think your gonna pick up 100 rwhp when you add 10 degrees of timing. lol

I don't think I'll see that much on timing alone but knowing Kurgan I guarantee you he can tweak it to at least get me 20whp alone out of this setup without going to an eddy.

I can agree with that, im sure there is lots of power in that combo that can be brought out in the tune.

My tuner got my car from 400-420 rwhp to 470 rwhp on 9 psi with timing/ fuel adjustments only and he is very conservative....I believe that was 14 degrees of timing.

Some people claim you will lose bottom end with the eddy but ive seen some NA cars lose no bottom end and just pick up insane power up top with the eddy so its hard to say if you would actually sacrifice any bottom end with that intake.

With 4.56s gears and such a high revving combo I dont think you would notice any loss in power though.

I would love to see what your motor did with the eddy on it.

I was there when Bretts car was tuned. I told him when we were sitting against the wall that i dont think the guy really wanted to deal with it anymore. Theres alot more in his car when he gets a better tune and better intake. But a new tune will do wonders i think.

But ima fox pushrod guy.

I can agree with that, im sure there is lots of power in that combo that can be brought out in the tune.

My tuner got my car from 400-420 rwhp to 470 rwhp on 9 psi with timing/ fuel adjustments only and he is very conservative....I believe that was 14 degrees of timing.

Some people claim you will lose bottom end with the eddy but ive seen some NA cars lose no bottom end and just pick up insane power up top with the eddy so its hard to say if you would actually sacrifice any bottom end with that intake.

With 4.56s gears and such a high revving combo I dont think you would notice any loss in power though.

I would love to see what your motor did with the eddy on it.

even if I did lose power that was one of the reason I liked e85. it bumps up the torque curve a decent amount so it won't be nearly as bad.

even if I did lose power that was one of the reason I liked e85. it bumps up the torque curve a decent amount so it won't be nearly as bad.

Yea, that is true...but are you really gonna miss a few hp from 2-3k when you're revving to 8k rpms? I dont think so.

Maybe I am just being optimistic but I feel like you would gain crazy power, like 50 rwhp with the eddy on your combo, maybe more?

The one NA combo I saw went from 260 to 310 rwhp I think.

My car went from a prev best of 384 to 439 rwhp, my friend gained like 100+ rwhp from 540 to 650 on his vortech car

Yea, that is true...but are you really gonna miss a few hp from 2-3k when you're revving to 8k rpms? I dont think so.

Maybe I am just being optimistic but I feel like you would gain crazy power, like 50 rwhp with the eddy on your combo, maybe more?

The one NA combo I saw went from 260 to 310 rwhp I think.

My car went from a prev best of 384 to 439 rwhp, my friend gained like 100+ rwhp from 540 to 650 on his vortech car

I wouldn't be surprised if I did, but it's not a priority for me as you know. the more power I make the more ballast weight I'll have to add to the car which is unfavorable to me. the most I can have is a 9.5lbs per 1hp ratio which I'm already well out of class at 3000lbs and 357rwhp (8.4lbs to 1hp)

Yea, well there is no point to add any power then if thats the case

what I'm going to do is keep the current tune for racing and the one that kurgan will make will just showcase what the car can do with the stock intake haha.

what I'm going to do is keep the current tune for racing and the one that kurgan will make will just showcase what the car can do with the stock intake haha.

Makes sense to me. You dont want to be racing your car with some ragged edge tune anyway.

I wanna see what it does with kurgans tune.