SniveTroll

"Murphy's Law" A 92 Bronco story. sold

so im on DET in the desert of nevada. BTW, its cold as a dickens....  anyhow, i ordered some 6.5 pioneer speakers off ebay. i also ordered some OEM tow package rear shocks off rockauto for 44$... ill be back on the right coast in a week or so. 

today i installed some cheap 6.5 pioneer speakers in the front. it makes the stereo much better to listen to. although i am going to pull that stereo for a some-what updated pioneer unit i have laying around. i ordered a dorman ac delete. im swapping y-pipes and blowmaster muffler. the current compressor sounds like its doing the death rattle. im also going to do the 3G upgrade. i have to find an ALT. more than likely off a windstar. in summary. 

-painted y-pipe welds with 2k* VHT paint w/ 30-40 series blowmaster muffler. 

-speakers installed

-more to come. 

Went to the yard today. I found a MSD blaster coil for 18$ or so and fender flares for 10$. I can now add a rust catalyst and hide the horrid fender rust.

Winning! When are you adding long travel suspension :-P

Last few days the weather has been... Meh. I decided to fix the reverse lights. I was messing with neutral switch and noticed a fuse burned. So i refurbed some sockets from the yards. Hopefully tomorrow i can fix it. post-10-14242192301069_thumb.jpgpost-10-14242192469501_thumb.jpg cleaned out the beige clay looking putty and added some dielectric grease. post-10-14242192985651_thumb.jpg

today i got the reverse lights working. i originally thought i wired the neutral switch wrong. i was wrong. The engine bay 15A fuse was burned out . the socket for bulbs had smelted the old light housing. a trip to the yard and those new housings worked well. once the weather warms up i will change the Y-pipe. its getting new exhaust and reusing the lone Flowmaster muffler i have. it is a 30-40 series. i actually want a magnaflow muffler. im sticking to my next to nothing budget and using what i have. 

i forgot to mention i put in some 3157 bulbs for stop lights and 3156LL bulbs for turn signals. once i get everything electronically sorted out, ill get some LED bulbs. they draw lower amperage than regular bulbs. i came across an updated jensen touch screen headunit from 2010 for free. i just wait til i find items thats either cheap or free. i refuse to spend money that i dont have to. i do plan on a better 351W build with HCI. 

351W rebuilt shortblock. 9,6 CR.

some sort of truck intake

gt40 or aluminum heads with 1.7RR. 

again im in no rush until something falls in my lap. the current engine runs. 

i forgot to mention i put in some 3157 bulbs for stop lights and 3156LL bulbs for turn signals. once i get everything electronically sorted out, ill get some LED bulbs. they draw lower amperage than regular bulbs. i came across an updated jensen touch screen headunit from 2010 for free. i just wait til i find items thats either cheap or free. i refuse to spend money that i dont have to. i do plan on a better 351W build with HCI. 

351W rebuilt shortblock. 9,6 CR.

some sort of truck intake

gt40 or aluminum heads with 1.7RR. 

again im in no rush until something falls in my lap. the current engine runs. 

touch screen for free? was you watching the "how to break a window thread" lol. 

faaak!! broke bolts SUCK!! what's the plan on getting them out? my jeep has sat for weeks with 2 broke bolts in the rear trying to take the fn dif cover off  :angry:

Maybe try grabbing some short 3/8 bolts and grind the end of the threads down to a point, then weld them onto what's left of the broken off bolts. Might give you a second chance at getting those bastards out. The only thing more miserable than broken off bolts is a broken off tap... lol

today since it was great weather, i decided to go to picknpull. they had a 94 eddie bauer. if i had more money and time i would have took the whole MAF setup. i did however grab some side steps that i been looking for and a good window motor since mine is stripped. The next coming weekend i should have the steps and exhaust done. i should be able to drive it again and get a new windshield. 

post-10-0-86315400-1428788257_thumb.jpg

There's something so satisfying about snagging stuff from the junk yard, it's probably the same inclination I have toward vintage tools :2thumb:

Is that a magnapack muffler? Should sound pretty damn good on a 351