iRoush

How To: iRoush's Guide to putting your SN95 on a diet

I will be listing all the weights that came off my car just as a guide so you can all see how light you can make your car!

My car's initial weight was about 3650lbs.

Added Weight:

MM 4-Point Cage w/ Harness Bar - +85lbs

Wicked Motorsports Rear Diffuser - +15lbs

Weight Reduction Step 1:

Iron 2v to Teksid 2v Swap - 115lbs

Steel Flywheel to Aluminum Flywheel - 18.5lbs

Roush Tool Kit - 15lbs

Spare Tire Cover - 5lbs

Driver Airbag Module - 4lbs

Airbag Diagnostic Module - 13oz

FR500 Wheel to MOMO Race wheel - 2lbs

Front Coilovers (Both Sides) - 20lbs

Leather Seats (Front) to Racing Seats - 56lbs

Removal of Leather Seats (Rear) - 50lbs

Power Seat Tracks to Custom seat track (driver) and manual track passenger - 25lbs

Sunvisors - 2lbs

Rear Axle Dog Bone - 10lbs

Rear Seat Belts - 5lbs

Spare tire = 25Lbs

Jack and tire iron = 8Lbs

EGR and DPFE = 4Lbs

Quad Shocks w/brackets = 8Lbs

Mach 460 Rear Deck - 17lbs 1.6oz

Mach 460 Rear Deck Cover - 2lbs 6.6oz

Mach 460 Front Speaker - 2lbs 8.6oz (x2)

Mach 460 Tweeter - 11.6oz (x2)

Mach 460 Tweeter Mount - 3.8oz (x2)

Quarter Panel Trunk Carpet - 1lb 12oz (x2)

Rear Trunk Panel Carpet - 1lb 8oz

Trunk Latch Cover - 4.8oz

Mach 460 Amp - 2lbs 6.8oz (x2)

Trunk Carpeting - 6lbs 5.2oz

Head Unit - 2lbs 15.8oz

Mach 460 Front Amp - 1lb 7.8oz

HVAC Panel - 13.8oz

Glovebox - 3lbs 3.2oz

Passenger Airbag Module - 8lbs 8.4oz

Battery Tray - 12.8oz

Battery - 38lbs 9.6oz (-14lbs) = 24lbs 9.6oz

A/C Hose - 9.4oz

Under Dash Panel - 2lbs 4.4oz

Mach 460 dash harness - 3.6oz

Undercarpet - 3lbs 14.8oz

Passenger Side A-Pillar - 7.2oz

Windshield wiper - 4.2oz

Triple A-Pillar Pod - 15.8oz

Trunk Weatherseal - 1lb 10.6oz

Sound Deadener - 5lbs

Interior Panel foam - 4lbs

Partial Removal of Firewall Blanket - 9lbs

A/C Compressor - 13lbs 11.4oz

A/C Condenser - 5lbs 10.2oz

A/C Line - 5.4oz

A/C Bottle/Line - 2lbs 14.8oz

A/C Canister Bracket - 8.4oz

A/C Canister - 2lbs 9.8oz

Cruise Control Module -2lbs 15.6oz

Windshield Wash Reservoir - 2lbs 0.2oz

Horn Assembly - 1lb 3.8oz

Total Removed: 517.7lbs

Total Added: 100lbs

Net Weight Loss: 417.7lbs

I will be adding more as I remember or as I take out more!

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4070.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4075.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

IMG_4178.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4343.jpg

IMG_4344.jpg

IMG_4345.jpg

null-2.jpg

Edited by iRoush

just curious when you weighed your teksid block vs your iron, block, did you do it with heads and stuff or just the blocks themselves? When i weighed mine vs each other, they were both just block, internals, oil pans, bare heads. and the 2v came out 22 lbs heavier. i realize the heads are way bigger on the 4v's. but i didn't think bare block vs bare block they were 118 lbs different.

just curious when you weighed your teksid block vs your iron, block, did you do it with heads and stuff or just the blocks themselves? When i weighed mine vs each other, they were both just block, internals, oil pans, bare heads. and the 2v came out 22 lbs heavier. i realize the heads are way bigger on the 4v's. but i didn't think bare block vs bare block they were 118 lbs different.

full dress vs. full dress. the internals that I used on the teksid are the lightest available. everything adds up!

There's no way the trunk carpet is 7.5lbs

Have you weighed your trunk carpet? I used my scale to weigh it. The insulation attached to the underside of the carpet is what adds all the weight.

Holy crap! lol

The difference is huge. that insulation is what keeps the fuel pump noise and rear axle noise to a minimum. Taking that carpet out i hear every little noise from back there.

Even all the crap sound deadening weighs a lot. Right not with stock seats, seat tracks, full interior minus back seat, full trunk interior and stock k member I'm sitting at 2850 race weight without driver

Scrapper insert on a saws-all also works wonders

that works, but I learned the quickest and less messy/gooey way of doing it is dry ice. I did it on my v6 mustang and I was done with the project in under an hour.

that works, but I learned the quickest and less messy/gooey way of doing it is dry ice. I did it on my v6 mustang and I was done with the project in under an hour.

That's badass! Wish I would have known about this when we did my buddies 93 hatch. Took us forever taking it out. We actually heated it up and scraped it. Talk about a mess!

Maybe stupid question: Where do you get dry ice from? :shrugs:

There are places locally that are dry ice distributors, it's not a dumb question because I had no idea either but dry ice stores are more common then I thought at least out here lol.

Are you saying this weighs 2.5 lbs?

$T2eC16RHJIkE9qU3kV7vBQUS1LFKZw~~60_35.JPG

:suspicious:

with all hardware attached yes.

this isn't 3 lbs either..

lrs-10732ak_3081.jpg

once again with all hardware attached yes it is.

my weight watchers scale doesn't lie sirs!! haha

Edited by iRoush

The only hardware attached to that trunk latch cover is 4 plastic push pins, your cover must be made of metal because mine weighs nowhere near 2.5lbs. Not trying to rake you over the coals about it but if this thread is about weight savings, the weights need to be accurate.

Edited by 95riosnake

The only hardware attached to that trunk latch cover is 4 plastic push pins, your cover must be made of metal because mine weighs nowhere near 2.5lbs. Not trying to rake you over the coals about it but if this thread is about weight savings, the weights need to be accurate.

if I have to I'll pick up another scale to verify, I'm going by what it reads on the scale if its wrong then I'll change it.

Gas cap... 13.8 lbs...

I think this is amazing.... Half the shit your taking out however I can not live without... But your gonna have a supa light car when ur done....

Jeremy

haha thanks bud. as far as the weight stuff goes I'd rather be raked over the coals if I have weights wrong that way I can fix it. I'll be picking up another scale this weekend, Preferrably a dial scale as digital ones aren't always accurate

haha thanks bud. as far as the weight stuff goes I'd rather be raked over the coals if I have weights wrong that way I can fix it. I'll be picking up another scale this weekend, Preferrably a dial scale as digital ones aren't always accurate

I hope you don't think I'm being a dick, it just seemed off to me.

I hope you don't think I'm being a dick, it just seemed off to me.

you're the biggest dick on the whole Internet!!!!!!

haha JK man, I'd rather see someone question the weight and provide input than having nobody post at all. Feedback is always necessary and appreciated.

Internals will make a big difference. However, the Cobra forged crank is heavier than a non-forged crank. I know the Teksid block is around 80 lbs. I forget what a bare iron block weighs.

Edit: Durr, forgot to say awesome post iRoush! I'm enjoying looking over it.

Internals will make a big difference. However, the Cobra forged crank is heavier than a non-forged crank. I know the Teksid block is around 80 lbs. I forget what a bare iron block weighs.

Edit: Durr, forgot to say awesome post iRoush! I'm enjoying looking over it.

I'm using a cast crank not forged! believe me I went through every detail to lighten this car up!

I figured you did. I wasn't implying you used a forged crank. That's quite an advantage for you since you aren't boosting anyway.

forged cranks are really worthless until about 600hp anyway. the rods are the weak link, but regardless, yessir huge advantage in rotating mass as well as actual weight

Small Update. Thanks to my local USPS office, they donated a free scale to my cause. (the one's that way the boxes for shipment). These are spot on because they have to be so it should provide. a little more accurate numberrs.

IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg]

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4059.jpg

That's cool as hell, you just went in there and asked?

Jeremy

asked if they had any spare ones that they weren't using and they just gave me one lol. i was willing to pay some cash for it but it worked out even better.