jedpony

Rough Day: Traded My 95

Well I traded my 95 for a 99 cobra. Im extremely happy with the car, but right now im just lucky to be alive. I met the guy down in Harrisburg PA. On the way down to Harrisburg i was driving on the interstate doing 75mph with thick fog. When suddenly a car going the wrong way on the highway was coming right at me, i couldn't see do to the fog and i nearly hit him head on doing 75. I was within a second of losing my life and somehow my car didn't lose control as i swerved out of the way with wet road conditions. Then on the way home with the cobra i get a text from the guy who got my old car. He wrecked it within an hour of being the owner, unbelievable. Its definitely totaled, the whole car is twisted up. Makes me pretty sick just thinking about it. Then to top it off i got two flat tires on the turnpike 2.5 hrs away from home. Had the car towed on a flatbed to a local shop and thankfully they could patch the tire and i was able to make it home safely. So whats the chances of all this happening all in one day? Im just happy to be home safe after all this. Pretty much felt like a nightmare last night.

Here is the Cobra:

20140111_144323_zps55jrj3hm.jpg

20140111_144344_zps49fy8d0c.jpg20140111_193749_zpsmrg0djsc.jpg20140111_135408_zpsnkj4p2cz.jpg00909_8IVCbDAyQ1x_600x450_zpse06udqfc.jp

2014011195173212_zpsvtvrd5uo.jpg2014011195173157_zpsgwe8favr.jpg

Holy shit that's terrifying! Glad to hear you're alive! And your car is in one piece! The saleen bumper looks surprisingly awesome on there but I do gotta say the 99/01 bumper is my favorite new edge bumoer

holy bad luck...maybe it was your 95 not wanting to leave

Holy shit that's terrifying! Glad to hear you're alive! And your car is in one piece! The saleen bumper looks surprisingly awesome on there but I do gotta say the 99/01 bumper is my favorite new edge bumoer

Thanks guys. I had an uneasy feeling as soon as i traded him that something was going to go wrong on his end. He barely could drive my car being so low and i knew he was going to get on it hard. Guess it was just too much power for him... idk. As far as the cobra bumper i gotta agree, i love the 99-01 bumper with a lip on it. The car needs lowered soon, it will look so much better with a nice set of wheels and a good drop.

Thanks guys. I had an uneasy feeling as soon as i traded him that something was going to go wrong on his end. He barely could drive my car being so low and i knew he was going to get on it hard. Guess it was just too much power for him... idk. As far as the cobra bumper i gotta agree, i love the 99-01 bumper with a lip on it. The car needs lowered soon, it will look so much better with a nice set of wheels and a good drop.

Agreed man! Make sure you keep us updated with its progress!

Agreed man! Make sure you keep us updated with its progress!

I was holding out posting while i was trying to make this trade work. Definitely will stick around, and will be posting more now!

I was holding out posting while i was trying to make this trade work. Definitely will stick around, and will be posting more now!

Your other car was so clean, but I dig the new edge! Glad to hear YOU made it home safely, but damn it sucks about his luck and your old car. :/

Your other car was so clean, but I dig the new edge! Glad to hear YOU made it home safely, but damn it sucks about his luck and your old car. :/

That's crazy that he already totaled it.  It looks like he was screwing around on wet roads?  Congrats on the cobra...it looks pretty nice..

Thanks guys. Honestly he didnt know a thing about cars. He was all worked up because my car didn't have traction control. I had to show him everything. Its almost like he was high on something and couldn't focus. Very strange. I know he was messing around bc those tires on it are very good in the rain unless you get on it of course.

Sucks to see the car go. It's good you traded "up". Life is just different stages, your in to a new one! Thank god your alive keep moving :)

Thats how i look at it. Exactly! Thank God. It could have been much worse.

wow that cobra looks pretty clean and very tastefully modded on the exterior. nice trade!   Just gotta let go of the 95, it was your baby, but you did give it up.  Keep your chin up and look forward to the new project in your life!

The new car looks great, is it a Saleen Cobra or a cobra with saleen stuff on it? Either way I like it!

Such a shame about your 95! How did he wreck it?

looks like replica wheels I would vote, body kit, but maybe they are a winter set up. Then again Sean runs replicas lol.

Here is a quick pic before bed, i gave it a quick wash. Ill take some more outside of the garage tomorrow if the weather is nice.

IMG_20140112_200607_zpsbgdpyzr6.jpg

is your dads parked under the cover next to it? I think he posted a pic of it on one of the million FB pages I'm on. Haha.

The new car looks great, is it a Saleen Cobra or a cobra with saleen stuff on it? Either way I like it!

Such a shame about your 95! How did he wreck it?

wow that cobra looks pretty clean and very tastefully modded on the exterior. nice trade!   Just gotta let go of the 95, it was your baby, but you did give it up.  Keep your chin up and look forward to the new project in your life!

looks like replica wheels I would vote, body kit, but maybe they are a winter set up. Then again Sean runs replicas lol.

Thanks again guys. Yupp its just a cobra with a saleen body. I wish it was a saleen cobra lol. The wheels im taking off to sell, they have some curb rash on them and are only 18x9.

is your dads parked under the cover next to it? I think he posted a pic of it on one of the million FB pages I'm on. Haha.

Lol yeah that was him. Im gonna get them both out of the garage today and take a pic. Stuff is blowing up fast bc the guy with my old car that wrecked it is acting like a complete idiot. Hes been driving the car and doing burnouts with it and the rad is cracked with flat tires.... no sense it all. Its a shame.

First off glad both of you are not hurt, sucks he didn't make out better but it looks like it may be fixable.  

Wish I would of known you where coming up to CJ's I am only 15 minutes from work would of loved to seen the car in person.  Time to update the sig it looks like.   Nice upgrade.

First off glad both of you are not hurt, sucks he didn't make out better but it looks like it may be fixable.  

Wish I would of known you where coming up to CJ's I am only 15 minutes from work would of loved to seen the car in person.  Time to update the sig it looks like.   Nice upgrade.

Thanks Steve. I forgot all about you and just stopped by real quick. I ordered a steeda tri ax shifter while i was there.

such a shame about the 95.  but at least you stepped into something else that is a good project.  i'm still shedding a tear over here over my old wheels.  what wheels are you thinking about putting on the cobra?

such a shame about the 95.  but at least you stepped into something else that is a good project.  i'm still shedding a tear over here over my old wheels.  what wheels are you thinking about putting on the cobra?

I know i loved those wheels... I was pissed bc at the last moment he said he wanted them and i should have told him no. Instead im stuck with these junk saleen wheels that are curbed. Not 100 percent sure yet, something different. I might throw on replicas for the time being but it will have something forged in the near future.

Nothing says stupid like going WOT in an unfamiliar high hp car on wet roads with no stability or traction control. New project looks nice though.

Id have to agree with that. Even better is i found out today that he only has liability insurance so basically hes screwed. 

Ehh, just wait til you get a letter in the mail claiming you're at fault for some sort of mechanical failure from his fly-by-night lawyer.

After all you've said, he doesn't sound like the kind of guy who owns up to personal responsibility well.

Ehh, just wait til you get a letter in the mail claiming you're at fault for some sort of mechanical failure from his fly-by-night lawyer.

After all you've said, he doesn't sound like the kind of guy who owns up to personal responsibility well.

With my luck that would happen. No not it all, i dont even know how he passed his drivers test.

• Supporting Member

Notary for a title transfer? I've never done that! Usually a written bill of sale would hold up... This guy sounds dangerous!

I'm sorry for the newb question, but what was done to the now wrecked sn?

weird about the notary.  in WI as long as both titles were signed and a bill of sale written up, both parties are in the clear. no need for a notary or DMV or anyone else for that matter to be there when this happens.   Thats wisco tho, not sure about other states :)

Notary for a title transfer? I've never done that! Usually a written bill of sale would hold up... This guy sounds dangerous!

I'm sorry for the newb question, but what was done to the now wrecked sn?

weird about the notary.  in WI as long as both titles were signed and a bill of sale written up, both parties are in the clear. no need for a notary or DMV or anyone else for that matter to be there when this happens.   Thats wisco tho, not sure about other states :)

Yeah here in PA if i didn't go to a notary the car would still be in my name, so i could technically be responsible for the wreck considering im still on the title as the owner of the vehicle. I always go to a notary and also write up a bill of sale as well. @fiveohwblow Heres all that was done to the 95:

1995 Mustang Gt 111k Miles

Engine:
Stock HCI
Procharger p1sc @13 psi custom 8 rib setup with a 3 core intercooler
Anderson Powerpipe 
75mm Throttle body
Screamin Demon Coil
Ford racing 9mm wires
Smog delete
Battery relocated to trunk
Lucas 42lb injectors
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Sct chip Dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod Shop

Transmission:
Tremec 3550(Came in car when i bought it)
Summit Racing short throw shifter
Aftermarket clutch (unsure on brand)
Ford Racing Clutch cable + Quadrant 

Suspension:
Front MM Coilovers
Rear SVE Springs
KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks
MM CC Plates
Prothane sway bar end links

Wheels:
18x9, 18x10 hypercoated FR500's
255 40 18's up front
305 35 18's in the rear

Exhaust:
Mac Equal Length Headers
Pypes Catless X Pipe
Flowtech Terminator Mufflers
2.5 inch SS foxbody LX Tailpipes

Interior:
03 Cobra Steering Wheel
Corbeau FX1 Seat's
White ball shifter knob
Mach 1 bullitt Pedals 

Exterior:
Emerald Green Paint 
Mach 3.5 inch cowl hood 
Saleen s281 wing
shorty antenna
LED License Plate bulbs
Mach 1 Chin Spoiler
New Convertible Top

• Supporting Member
Yeah here in PA if i didn't go to a notary the car would still be in my name, so i could technically be responsible for the wreck considering im still on the title as the owner of the vehicle. I always go to a notary and also write up a bill of sale as well. @fiveohwblow Heres all that was done to the 95:

1995 Mustang Gt 111k Miles

Engine:

Stock HCI

Procharger p1sc @13 psi custom 8 rib setup with a 3 core intercooler

Anderson Powerpipe

75mm Throttle body

Screamin Demon Coil

Ford racing 9mm wires

Smog delete

Battery relocated to trunk

Lucas 42lb injectors

Walbro 255lph fuel pump

Sct chip Dyno tuned by Rodeheavers Hot Rod Shop

Transmission:

Tremec 3550(Came in car when i bought it)

Summit Racing short throw shifter

Aftermarket clutch (unsure on brand)

Ford Racing Clutch cable + Quadrant

Suspension:

Front MM Coilovers

Rear SVE Springs

KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks

MM CC Plates

Prothane sway bar end links

Wheels:

18x9, 18x10 hypercoated FR500's

255 40 18's up front

305 35 18's in the rear

Exhaust:

Mac Equal Length Headers

Pypes Catless X Pipe

Flowtech Terminator Mufflers

2.5 inch SS foxbody LX Tailpipes

Interior:

03 Cobra Steering Wheel

Corbeau FX1 Seat's

White ball shifter knob

Mach 1 bullitt Pedals

Exterior:

Emerald Green Paint

Mach 3.5 inch cowl hood

Saleen s281 wing

shorty antenna

LED License Plate bulbs

Mach 1 Chin Spoiler

New Convertible Top

Damn looks like you had the sn cousin to my also now gone fox! Sorry to see all that work go to a moron who ruins it.

Ugh, sorry to hear about your old car. I can imagine how it sucks to see what happens to all your hard work. I didn't make the connection between Facebook and this site but glad I know now. The new car looks fantastic though. I love the Cobra's 4V and IRS but the Saleen body kit is easily my favorite exterior. Wish I would have noticed how close you are! I work at CJ's with Steve and I would have liked to meet you in person and drool over the car.

Ugh, sorry to hear about your old car. I can imagine how it sucks to see what happens to all your hard work. I didn't make the connection between Facebook and this site but glad I know now. The new car looks fantastic though. I love the Cobra's 4V and IRS but the Saleen body kit is easily my favorite exterior. Wish I would have noticed how close you are! I work at CJ's with Steve and I would have liked to meet you in person and drool over the car.

Thanks man! I thought your worked at CJ's. Were you working last Saturday? Ill meet up with you all at Carlisle this year, i go every year with my dad and im planning on bringing a few local people with me as well. The only drooling will be me looking at your car haha.

Thanks man! I thought your worked at CJ's. Were you working last Saturday? Ill meet up with you all at Carlisle this year, i go every year with my dad and im planning on bringing a few local people with me as well. The only drooling will be me looking at your car haha.

I work Mon-Fri but I would have been more than happy to drive out just to see your car! I must remember to get in touch with you when you come out for Carlisle. I found out how much it was to enter my car so I may just go to look around. I look forward to seeing your car though!

I work Mon-Fri but I would have been more than happy to drive out just to see your car! I must remember to get in touch with you when you come out for Carlisle. I found out how much it was to enter my car so I may just go to look around. I look forward to seeing your car though!

I will be sure to contact you before i head down! You must enter your car, i need to see that thing lol. Its only like 30$ for the weekend to enter isn't it?