Solar

Project "Class with American firepower"

Hello guys!  So I will finally begin a build thread!  It won't be of my Mustang but instead of my 1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500.  

Some background:

The vehicle has had 2 registered owners.  One who autocrossed and one and was to Autocross it.  The second owner had the vehicle running last in 2004 from what I can tell by paperwork.  He was starting to upgrade but apparently hurt his back and stopped.  He then sold it to a buddy of mine who then figured he was way too big for such car.  I now have it.

So what is it?  Well, it is a small little English car which has been sitting for 10 years.  I now have it and plan to put some beautiful work to it.  As of now, I am trying to get it running so I can get a feel for the car and eventually find out what I really  want to do with it such as a nice cruiser, autocross/hillclimb, or overall badass/show car.   Fortunately for me, I will also use this as my learning vehicle.  I say learning as in I will be hands on as much as I can with it consider my lack of experience.  

10616404_10152685991322871_6232483887551

Yes that is me in the car the first time I saw it.  Got some work for it!

10603467_10152685991917871_8165385530844Some Ford ZETEC 2.0L love!  Had one in my Focus I used to have and loved it.  Great motors!  Going N/A with some ITB.  Currently fully stripped down to short block and will be cleaning.  It has a blown headgasket.

More pictures to follow.

Well...it really is a convertible but I have a hard top for it.

So here I have the gas tank. Filler neck is pretty rusty.

de3eaf332575ad602c946f39bdc84f7e.jpg

I am just going to buy a new one.

My main rust is on the deck lid and the most awkward location.

c21c670691bccfb3717d902fd9388716.jpg

404073532e57632bd90b057ae64cdf22.jpg

I have to figure out what to do with that

Interior! Dirty. Easy Fix

a695b45f92cec107974099d0fb9f02f5.jpg

And when I picked it up

01dfe4e14eb97329639bf3ce5ab75a12.jpg

I don't know! I was trying to figure that out. It is a GIF

I went through this a while back with @Steve-Oh too.  I think with the updated forums, when you upload a GIF, if its not the exact dimensions of whats required and is resized by the forum when uploaded, the GIF no longer moves.  You will need to use a site like this one, http://ezgif.com/resize and then reupload the gif.  then it'll move again.

I went through this a while back with @Steve-Oh too.  I think with the updated forums, when you upload a GIF, if its not the exact dimensions of whats required and is resized by the forum when uploaded, the GIF no longer moves.  You will need to use a site like this one, http://ezgif.com/resize and then reupload the gif.  then it'll move again.

Dun

oh man this is cool. idk shit about these kind of cars but every time i see one they appear to be restored to exact specs lol. be cool to see one custom. not that i know what it is hahaa. i see a lot of mg's at shows i think. 

Yea, usually the crowd type of these cars are all about keeping originality and so they will surely hate it what I plan on doing with it. Plans as of now...

Impreza rear end, 4cyl Mustang T5, and ZX2 Zetec engine.

• Moderators

Yea, usually the crowd type of these cars are all about keeping originality and so they will surely hate it what I plan on doing with it. Plans as of now...

Impreza rear end, 4cyl Mustang T5, and ZX2 Zetec engine.

Come back to Riverview... I've got a World Class T5.  I was going to use it in my 66, but decided to go back to 4 speed.

Come back to Riverview... I've got a World Class T5. I was going to use it in my 66, but decided to go back to 4 speed.

Well, eventually I have to move back there. One day though. One day.