Black & Red

Rear Shock Drop Bracket SN95???

• Moderators

You're shitting me with this, right?  You realize the Bullitt was lowered 0.75" in the rear from the factory!?

We're being trolled with all this stuff, aren't we?  Tell us now, we'll all laugh.

why not buy a Bullitt rear axle assembly? 

The Bullitt's used a Motorcraft #AA606 shock, which is shorter, but they are hard to find, as they appear to be phasing them out....

You're shitting me with this, right?  You realize the Bullitt was lowered 0.75" in the rear from the factory!?

Yep,

And they spec'd not only a special (shorter) shock but also a shorter snubber. The advertised .075" actually measured 1 full inch...

The reason I posted the question was I saw them once online with a coil-over setup and didn't know if they were floating around. The less stuff I have to make the better.... :D

Psychorugby,

When I swapped shocks Friday, I marked the shock at normal ride height with a 1/2 tank of fuel and then made a second mark with the shock removed. With the Bullitt springs, uncut, and pulled from a one owner 30,000 mile Bullitt (when modified for Fast Fords Magazine) the shock has only 2-1/8" travel from normal ride height to the stops and the shorter pinon snubber has only 2-3/4" travel.

Trust me when I saw that here in So Cal, you use up that 2" of travel really quick!!!!!

didn't you just say you didnt want aftermarket stuff... now you want to use a coilover bracket for regular shocks... what? lol  

It's just me thinking outloud...

I'm super OCD about stuff...like the trouble I go to to restore the parallelism of the sway bar ends with a shorter link after such a minimal drop as a Bullitt spring, but the factory did all this stuff for a reason.

The shorter AA606 Motorcraft is getting scarce, so the main difference between it and the normal GT ASHV-1039 is 1" additional before the shock goes soild. So, I was thinking, dropping the bracket 1" would do the same thing...

Yeah, I already got the pinon snubber!!!! LOL!!! My house payment keeps me doing things on the cheap...Otherwise, that's a nice looking kit!!!!

Sure, you can get coilover brackets that you can put on yourself from TeamZ, racecraft, take your pick, just gotta put them in the stock location.

Det-Riot,

Thanks Bro...

I will check them out...!!!! Any of them designed to be 100% bolt on???

On a side note, You wouldn't believe how much trouble I have been having with a 1956 Chevy Truck 6 lug disc brake conversion while trying to retain the stock wheel....plus machining the ram's horn manifolds to clear the Vortec valve covers.

Maybe this is why I am so lazy with my own car???

post-727-0-55046200-1421096807_thumb.jpe

post-727-0-13659000-1421096816_thumb.jpg

post-727-0-71012000-1421096827_thumb.jpe

• Moderators

Now I know we're being trolled: $100 shock brackets to mount $30 shocks in order to raise the ride height 0.75"...

Now I know we're being trolled: $100 shock brackets to mount $30 shocks in order to raise the ride height 0.75"...

Nope...

Alston supplied me the dimensions and blueprints for free. I can make them in the lathe room on my lunch hour, but the idea is brilliant.

Dude, I barely spent $100.00 on a brand new set of OEM ford 3.73 gears!!!

Do you know what retail price is on Ford gears???? Not Ford racing, Made in Italy, but genuine OEM Ford????

I got gears, bearings, crush sleeve, pinon nut, ring gear bolts, posi kit, shims and everything NIB for $120.00.

The best deal I could find out here in Cali on new gears was $154.00 Summitt...so I was happy!!!!

So, they sent you drawings of their parts so you could make your own rather than selling you the ones they invested R&D into?

If i had any more likes to give, i would like this.

So, they sent you drawings of their parts so you could make your own rather than selling you the ones they invested R&D into?

Yes,

We fabricate all manner of things. I get many requests for things I have made. I always give away diagrams when asked and I always get plans when I request them...plus, you can usually find the diagrams on any company's website ...

post-727-0-88924200-1421105444_thumb.jpg

post-727-0-43865200-1421105477.jpg

post-727-0-72339500-1421105483_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

i highly doubt companies are just giving away all their specs for anyone to make their products.. lolz

I'm telling you, this is one elaborate, early April Fool's joke or something.

This thread make my brain hurt. Regardless, I've been out of the fabricating game a few years now but in the many years I did work we never gave away drawings/designs because someone so kindly requested them.

@95riosnake I'm sure you'd better know then I.

This thread make my brain hurt. Regardless, I've been out of the fabricating game a few years now but in the many years I did work we never gave away drawings/designs because someone so kindly requested them.

@95riosnake I'm sure you'd better know then I.

I guess we never felt like there was a need to hinder anybody who wanted to try and make something, so we freely exchanged information with anybody who requested it....

you want a Cadillac ride out of a Mustang.  just not going to happen.  you continuously say you drive 2,800 miles a month.  which is estimating you drive roughly 50 each way to work which generally equates to about an hour or so of commuting.  i do the same thing and sounds to me like you need to get a daily driver that is more forgiving of road hazards.

you want a Cadillac ride out of a Mustang.  just not going to happen.  you continuously say you drive 2,800 miles a month.  which is estimating you drive roughly 50 each way to work which generally equates to about an hour or so of commuting.  i do the same thing and sounds to me like you need to get a daily driver that is more forgiving of road hazards.

Not at all expecting 'Cadillac' ride quality, just want to correct this travel issue. You are pretty close on the commute difference and time spent. I just like driving this car and it's super comfortable. I'm 6-3" and I feel cramped in my wife's Civic...

I'm 5'-10" and feel cramped in my Jeep let alone the mustang.

I'm 5'11" and with the seat all the way back I still feel like I could go farther...

Sent from my iPhablet