97 svt Snake

Suspension Noob

Hey guys,  

So i have a 96 cobra that i bought couple months back and its completely stock so it mine as well be my second truck it sits so high. So with that being said I'm going to be changing the suspension setup.  As of now what I have for the project is Roush LCAs, and H&R SS springs. For shocks/struts I am debating between Bilsteins and Konis. Any advice on those. I am looking at purchasing MM CC plates and a Bumpsteer kit as I am sure I will need those. Is there anything else I really should change?? I want to install it all at the same time so I am not having to take things off several times to get everything installed.  Any help is much appreciated..

Thanks

@smallblocksn95 @Steve-Oh  yeah I think I'd rather just sit back and buy those awesome Bilsteins. More and More I think about it Id rather just go with the best and be done with it. Koni is so much cheaper and that in my head makes me say they arent going to perform as well as Bilsteins.

If you're looking for good replacement shock and strut, Bilstein makes a very nice shock. I work for Ridetech and love our Fox Racing pieces but we build coilovers only. If I were back on standard coil springs and didn't have Fox as an option, Bilsteins would be next in line for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, Brian builds very nice pieces. His Fit system and trans crossmember are extremely nice.

if you think your going to want to mess with the ride of the car then i would go with adjustable koni's but otherwise Bilsteins.  i was dead set on bilsteins for the longest time but now i'm going to go with koni's for the adjust ability they offer.

I prefer Bilsteins over Koni for track events. mainly the maximum Motorsports specific valving makes the feel of the car so much better. yes they are non-adjustable but they really don't need to be either if the car is properly set up. you're not going to see a huge difference between the adjustable koni's and the non-adjustsbles. all the tunability is for is just fine tuning the setup.

I prefer Bilsteins over Koni for track events. mainly the maximum Motorsports specific valving makes the feel of the car so much better. yes they are non-adjustable but they really don't need to be either if the car is properly set up. you're not going to see a huge difference between the adjustable koni's and the non-adjustsbles. all the tunability is for is just fine tuning the setup.

Thanks iRoush. I decided on Bilsteins found a pair basically brand new for a good price.