Number Tew

Buddy got a lightning

Gave it a little clean up and mini photoshoot today, along with SilverV6 and some infiniti friend of ours ;p

It's a sweet truck, he traded his 08 GT for it straight up.

anyhow, here's pics:

280003_4574327882773_1131899651_o.jpg

621578_4574328562790_1294222250_o.jpg

290521_4574329162805_1192341442_o.jpg

621572_4574329362810_1805654686_o.jpg

210878_4574330122829_490194748_o.jpg

202641_4574330442837_1171553017_o.jpg

476079_4574331242857_2115776962_o.jpg

AMURRRICAAAAAAA

218209_4574333882923_1934066777_o.jpg

622381_4574335482963_2124858849_o.jpg

We are thinking of getting those powdercoated a gunmetal color. And yea, the hood was just on there, not his choice lol.

I spent about an hour and a half on those tips today though!! ;p They started off all rusty ha

What in gods name happened to that poor gt's bumper?

Misspelled while on the crapper via my Droid Razr

First thing, that's a v6, second of all, it was the previous owner being an idiot. The dude ran drywall screws all through the thing to try holding it on. Body work is in order and a respray will be done soon.

On the L, I think it's cool still. His dad has an 05 (sonic blue with white stripes) so if he has the itch, he can take that thing out, It's more rare than his GT and has more "cool" factor so to speak.

Really? We are used to my 98 F-150 with the 4.6, so this thing feels pretty cool. He says what he likes is that it's a comfortable ride you can just putt around in, but when you hit it you're like "O yea, we're in a lightning" :)

The main thing is that he likes it and is happy with it. :)

The one I drove had (and I am not kidding) like 25-35 degrees of play in the steering wheel and the interior was all cheap plastic with huge panel gaps that squeaked and rattled when we drove it on some pretty badly maintained roads where my friend lives.

I'm 50/50 on the L because on one hand I think it's sweet to have a 5.4L supercharged truck that you can just "putt around in then hit the gas and remember why it's a lightning" but at the same time..... I'm a truck guy that thinks you can't take it offroading and I'd never want to tow with it.

Either way, they are sweet. My buddy had one that had some bolt ons and the thing was a blast to drive.

But we talked on FB about this truck :D

Ricer. <3

The main thing is that he likes it and is happy with it. :)

The one I drove had (and I am not kidding) like 25-35 degrees of play in the steering wheel and the interior was all cheap plastic with huge panel gaps that squeaked and rattled when we drove it on some pretty badly maintained roads where my friend lives.

You must have driven a first gen lightning then haha my dad had a 94 f150 that was the exact same way with the steer wheel play. Ironically, my 94 mustang has the same thing going on =[

You must have driven a first gen lightning then haha my dad had a 94 f150 that was the exact same way with the steer wheel play. Ironically, my 94 mustang has the same thing going on =[

Actually no, it was a 2001 lightning.

I am not trying to start a huge debate about if its a good car/truck or not, the only thing that matters is the guy who bought it likes it.

I just drove one and didn't like anything about it other than it's engine. :)

Well, this one has like no miles on it, so that may be what helps it out ha ;p

Brian, around here, there is a guy that has a fully built DSG L that he tows his race car to the track in :)

It's a nice probably 30 foot closed in trailer painted like hot rod black. So awesome :D

What in gods name happened to that poor gt's bumper?

Misspelled while on the crapper via my Droid Razr

As number tew said previous owner failed at maintenance with the paint and body.. (interior is nearly perfect) Plus some lady break checked me going 5mph so the mark under the pass headlight is just her paint.. my bumper didnt even crack just rubbed the flaking paint off and she claimed to be unable to walk.. even though she was running around rushing the officer so she could go home.. People trying to play insurance :crazy:. But new bumpers being ordered in a few weeks after i get some quotes on machining my motor. =]

I'm 50/50 on the L because on one hand I think it's sweet to have a 5.4L supercharged truck that you can just "putt around in then hit the gas and remember why it's a lightning" but at the same time..... I'm a truck guy that thinks you can't take it offroading and I'd never want to tow with it.

x2. Never really been a fan of those trucks as it really has no purpose as a "truck". if I want something fast it'll be a car that's not an aerodynamic brick. but different strokes for different folks I suppose, looks clean at least!

Nice looking truck but i'm with others and I'm not a fan. I drove one before and despite it being fast and all I just can't dig it.

MMR: My opinion on the exported version is I think Ford just half assed the right hand drive conversion. I don't think they export many trucks (I could be wrong) so I can understand there being crappy interior pieces and sloppy steering. :tea:

not bad but if he likes it all that matters. My opinion chevy ftw. :headbang:

If had to be a pickup I'd get a Ford, but I am more the SUV type, where I would look more in to a Toyota, Jeep Grand Cherokee or Chevy Tahoe Z71. Ford doesn't really make any good SUVs imo, not new at least.

MMR: My opinion on the exported version is I think Ford just half assed the right hand drive conversion. I don't think they export many trucks (I could be wrong) so I can understand there being crappy interior pieces and sloppy steering. :tea:

The one I drove was imported from the US, so it was the same as you have over there. There is an Euro spec version of the Ford Ranger, but I have never actually seen one IRL, I guess thats mostly because I live in the city area and not in the country side.

Too expensive to buy and too expensive to own IMO.

eh it's only expensive to own if you've never worked on a Porsche before lol.

I'll have both of those vehicles before I die, I can promise that. the woman will have the cayenne and I'll take the diesel for the tow rig.

eh it's only expensive to own if you've never worked on a Porsche before lol.

I'll have both of those vehicles before I die, I can promise that. the woman will have the cayenne and I'll take the diesel for the tow rig.

It was more the cost of parts and insurance I was thinking of, maybe they are just faggots with those things over here, but I remember when my mom was looking at one and when we looked into those things I was like :jaw:

It was more the cost of parts and insurance I was thinking of, maybe they are just faggots with those things over here, but I remember when my mom was looking at one and when we looked into those things I was like :jaw:

comparatively to the X series BMW or the Audi Q series they are cheaper and I've always loved Porsche. They build them Comfortable for people who are tall. I've never felt more at home in a car than the Porsche Cayman S.

I guess Porsche Denmark is just being gay then, properly has to do with how small the danish market is. But yeah, Porsches are nice cars in general and pretty solid and well build too and not to mention the cayenne performs suprisingly well off road too.

The lightning is definitely the right color ;)

I dig it, I'd take a lightning over an 08 GT in a heartbeat. Honestly, my interest in GT mustangs skips from 2004 to 2011. The 05-10 GT's don't do much for me at all, I guess at least the 2010 looks better than 05-09 but is lacking the motivation of a coyote.

As far as the Porsche Cayenne, I'd much rather have a Jeep GC SRT8. They haul balls, and I have never been able to get myself to like how the Cayennes look, they just look like an inflated 911, in a bad way.