Blackmage

My Little Pony Garage - BLKMAGE

• Moderators

Haha ya never know! might need a little $ on top of it, but you could ask :D

Gonna try grinding the nut down first.. then beating the piss out of that angle.

• Moderators

are you 100% its a MM K member? granatelli made an identical cheap knock off that I had the exact same issue with.

I was told it was when I bought it, and it looks like one... but the welds look like shit, so I've questioned whether it was or not.  Now you have me worried.

I was told it was when I bought it, and it looks like one... but the welds look like shit, so I've questioned whether it was or not.  Now you have me worried.

like I said the one I had was by Granatelli motorsports. and to look at it it was IDENTICAL to the MM unit. but like you said the welds were horrible and the upper mounts didn't fit. Also I know that it was painted black not powdercoated. I would think MM would PC all of their stuff

• Moderators

like I said the one I had was by Granatelli motorsports. and to look at it it was IDENTICAL to the MM unit. but like you said the welds were horrible and the upper mounts didn't fit. Also I know that it was painted black not powdercoated. I would think MM would PC all of their stuff

Sounds like I have a Granatelli then, but it was most definitely powder coated.  My powder coater said he had a miserable time stripping it all off.  I've only got about $400 wrapped up in the K member all said and done, so I will probably cut off the piece that mounts to the frame, bend the piece to the right shape, then have it re-welded.

MM's tech and customer support is great.  Give them a call.   

edit: ruh, roh.  crappy welds? MM doesn't have crappy welds...

I've had the opposite interaction with them and it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth to be honest.

• Moderators

sorry Chris. Maybe i am wrong. Just speaking from experience though. :( Good thing we don't have a chat box on the source any more. I would feel bad about cluttering up Will's thread :)

Nothing to be sorry about... it is what it is.  I could only go off what the guy that sold it to me said.  I just have to pull an @95riosnake to make it work.

I just have to pull an @95riosnake to make it work.

In my experience, there is no such thing as a bolt on part lol. I buy things automatically assuming I'm immediately going to void whatever warranty it has.

Good thing we don't have a chat box on the source any more. I would feel bad about cluttering up Will's thread :)

See below:

We'll be replacing the Shoutbox with the IP Chat feature.

-Optimum availability, since it's a hosted service, you can be sure the chatroom has optimum availability - no intensive server software to run!
     -Private chats, as well as the public chatroom, members can initiate one-to-one chats with other members from within the chatroom.

http://www.sn95source.com/chat/

In my experience, there is no such thing as a bolt on part lol. I buy things automatically assuming I'm immediately going to void whatever warranty it has.

See below:

http://www.sn95source.com/chat/

bad joke on my part. Sarcasm is so difficult in text only :)

Gotta add something to my thread here. Finally got tuning with TrickTuners, were about halfway done right now. Fixed some startup issues and afr is finally under 15 at WOT which I'm sure was healthy for the motor lol. Then I put some stickers on

c50c4ffdadb494504748a3b13c2bdda8.jpg

7d9f28888ece4cb23e6903c48543e284.jpg

c92d922bd44e1fc5994048f0b9216c01.jpg

Sent from my iPhablet

Damn 15:1 lol mine never goes over 12.5 at wot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea it was pretty out of whack. I think the best I ever saw was 13:1 when it was first starting up. But yea now I'm around 11-12:1 at WOT. Hopefully get the tune finished up by the end of this week... I hope

Sent from my iPhablet

Sweet, then to drive the piss out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a local race at the airport this Saturday, so I really need to get it done!! Lol

Sent from my iPhablet

decided to make some sandwiches between shifts and take a small video from a dig.  can you hear the crack through the exhaust during the shift in 3rd and 4th?  :P  

There might be still some snow on the ground, but it rained for 4 days straight so the roads are pretty clear.  So happy to have it on the road again.  Supposed to snow this week and a little next, hoping they dont lay down a ton of salt.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RedTwilight said:

SNOW!!!!!!

It's been in the 70*'s here for the past 2 weeks.  A couple days just barely broke into the 80's.  ;)

It was almost 80° when I came into work this morning lol.

finally put in the Team Z LCA's.  only had them for about a year.. lol

2D394702-3640-4BC8-9EAC-1C3DB2007F29_zps

5DB07BE4-B77D-498D-99CB-C1F970438474_zps

Had some cheap SR performance ones, I think I had them installed incorrectly so they would pop and creak over pumps and stuff.  I think my buddy tightened up all the bolts when the axle was drooped, so I made sure that didnt happen and did them myself this time around

A41E3B91-E842-43B1-A1B7-CD88A984BD88_zps

7296740E-D186-4D3E-920E-2AE8C4346A3B_zps

15D53EAB-80D4-44A2-B570-50CC5F2FF95D_zps

Edited by Blackmage

nothing right now.  I will probably pull the rear end when i park it for winter and replace all the bearings and the axles.  Everything else is fine but its starting to whine pretty decent and a howling noise has started up recently.  

14 hours ago, Blackmage said:

nothing right now.  I will probably pull the rear end when i park it for winter and replace all the bearings and the axles.  Everything else is fine but its starting to whine pretty decent and a howling noise has started up recently.  

You should go IRS while the rear is out! ;)

IRS all the things!:baller:

17 minutes ago, RedTwilight said:

You should go IRS while the rear is out! ;)

IRS all the things!:baller:

@Psychorugby keeps teasing me with his now, i will get one.  when will that be though?  not anytime soon i dont think :'( 

So I did a thing...   www.blackmage.us

and in other news, the stock mufflers finally let go and I believe i had a very big hole in one of them.  The car was LOUD before, but now its reaaallllyyy loud.    I want to go with borla Stingers, but at $177 a pop I dont think I can swing that right now.  Magnapacks are about $70 a pop, which is more in my price range.  I think I'll go that route... maybe?  

hey i never said quieter! :D   just less "My exhaust is getting dumped out of the mid pipe into a coffee can that doesnt have sides" right now.