Blackmage

My Little Pony Garage - BLKMAGE

Good stuff man.  Gradually checking things off the winter to-do list.  Sounds like a good place to work with the lightly used tires and speakers and all that.  I love the manual windows as well!  I'd put them in my car for sure if the crank wasn't so low.  The door bars for the cage would make it pretty difficult to roll them up and down.  But geez 22*?  Everytime I see you mention the weather up there I can't believe it.  I used to live in TN and it would get down in the 20s there sometimes, but I'm sure it's nothing like where you are.

Good stuff man.  Gradually checking things off the winter to-do list.  Sounds like a good place to work with the lightly used tires and speakers and all that.  I love the manual windows as well!  I'd put them in my car for sure if the crank wasn't so low.  The door bars for the cage would make it pretty difficult to roll them up and down.  But geez 22*?  Everytime I see you mention the weather up there I can't believe it.  I used to live in TN and it would get down in the 20s there sometimes, but I'm sure it's nothing like where you are.

Thanks, slowly but surely stuff is getting done.  pick at it when i can!      I work for a Chevy dealership, Toyota Dealership, used car dealer, detail business, and an automotive accessories store.  So I can normally weasel some good prices on random stuff.  

The hand crank is part of the GTS package on the 94-98, and I wouldnt trade it for anything.  im starting to see more and more people talk about "kids these days wont know what a manual window is" so its kinda fun when people get in the car and are shocked it has manual windows. I can see how a door bar would be a royal PIA with them though lol  

as for the weather, its not to bad if i would just insulate and heat the garage.  Last year we had just over 30 days straight of below 0 weather, thats when shit sucked. Im pretty much as far north as you can get in WI, so winter does get kinda crazy at times 

Granted, not quite the climate where I live that @Blackmage gets, but it's usually really entertaining when southerners come up and it's pretty bitter cold out and they've never experienced it before.  Happens a lot with our new hires at work.  Most of them come in every morning all like...

omfg-im-going-to-die.jpg

Central Illinois.  Hasn't been too bad of a winter for us so far.  We've only had about 3 good snows but did experience probably 10-12 straight days back in December of sub-zero temps.  Last year winter was absolutely brutal.  Was supposedly the worst on record for snowfall for us since I believe 1978.

Ugh last winter was hell.  sounds like you guys still get about the same kind of stuff we do, although youre maybe in the plains a little more, possibly getting more wind?    We're supposed to get 2-4 inches tonight, which is going to be the most snow in one storm since November for us.  Inch or two here and there, but nothing crazy.  

uneventful weekend, but got some new speakers in the doors, and finished up putting in the CC plates.  

A083A7E6-A3AC-42E5-B97D-69C9E9BB37EF_zps

2CA72180-DAD8-46E1-9F53-14C8958019E9_zps

F67F34B6-77E8-4444-89E0-C70B11817696_zps

@Carbon Driven i have an empty spot in my door reserved for some of your product...

B97FF7A3-E6E9-4CDE-B970-BA6863CD5291_zps

stock plates out and finally drilled the 4th hole.   it was 22* this weekend, so plenty warm enough to get outside again

31907EDE-D1EA-4280-A933-5157512E415E_zps

6FFE8001-C11A-4DE4-9E98-DE96B04020D2_zps

Then some random @Sleeperstang1994 talked me into picking up a COP setup.  Ive heard the coil packs were good to stick with for power and what not, but i just want to clean it up i guess with the COP's.  So i started taking stuff off.

FCEA581D-38DD-4CD0-AD5E-D10536FE5A8C_zps

@Steve-Oh this post was for you with the text between pictures ;) 

picked up some autometer gauges from @WildWillyWalker, picked up a whole COP setup from @Sleeperstang1994, and an autometer gauge pod bezel from @Prokiller.  thanks guys!  hopefully in the next couple weeks all of that stuff should be installed.

also, thanks for the Twilight Sparkle print, gonna frame it and put it above my bed.

599CBE8C-C6F8-4EDC-882D-35C2D3003505_zps

C37F0C08-6EC1-4FA3-B3D7-FB01E7ACB5D7_zps

D1C089D7-56C7-49E4-B6F4-EE4D664FD239_zps

9603BB1E-A8A6-42EF-AA08-D5DC87797A5A_zps

76F3B609-828B-4306-A322-A6556EFF47D1_zps

lmao!!!

love those gauges. did i miss the pod they are going in?

Already have a gauge pod on the steering column and then I traded Ryan for a auto meter dual gauge pod for the cluster.

Sent from my iPhablet

@Blackmage, i didn't get a chance on saturday to send it out but i will tonight for sure

Thats fine, its been -30 to -40 wind chills for the past few days and into this week, so I wont be in a hurry to suffer in the garage any time soon.

Got a couple things done today. Took off my homemade egr block off plate with an aluminum piece.

Then started removing parts to get th valve covers off so I can start putting on my COP parts. Still need to pull the clutch cable and get the passenger side valve cover past the coolant lines, and I should be good to go

Got the car back on th ground too, nice to see it on its wheels again

c8890731dd11fa0498a1738222a79f3b.jpg

6dd616848c3c8d350cff833b2d21e778.jpg

f154dd906e8afd36d5cd6f9f00bbdc7e.jpg

146e118719fb13582b9e7c8ae7cc0268.jpg

dce3ab5ec9a5e6c5813cc09a98c36907.jpg

4b3d8184fb674a422bada53cee9a8f27.jpg

Sent from my iPhablet

honestly for a spray bomb job i think it looks decent. maybe its the internet or might be a five footer. at this point in my life, function over form lol

Thanks. It did turn out pretty good for just spray cans. I sanded it down because previous owner basically sent it to me unwrapped in a box and it scratched the piss out of it. Oh well!

Sent from my iPhablet

Looks good man! Wish i was man enough to get out to the garage in this cold weather we are having. i have a space heater but it isnt strong enough to heat 1/4 of the garage. only the key place i am working at... Want to get my upper control arms installed lol, as well as get the car on the ground to see how my new camber bolts helped reduce the negative camber. I have the J&M ones but i dont have enough camber adjustablity.

Looks good man! Wish i was man enough to get out to the garage in this cold weather we are having. i have a space heater but it isnt strong enough to heat 1/4 of the garage. only the key place i am working at... Want to get my upper control arms installed lol, as well as get the car on the ground to see how my new camber bolts helped reduce the negative camber. I have the J&M ones but i dont have enough camber adjustablity.

haha thanks man.  i normally just have some blue jeans on, and then a sweatshirt and carhart.  a nice hat and some decent gloves, no heater, and helps to keep the doors shut and moving. Even in a small garage as long as your doing stuff, you'll be fine :)     although I hated doing my upper control arms with a lift, so i would not want to do it on the ground lol  

haha thanks man.  i normally just have some blue jeans on, and then a sweatshirt and carhart.  a nice hat and some decent gloves, no heater, and helps to keep the doors shut and moving. Even in a small garage as long as your doing stuff, you'll be fine :)     although I hated doing my upper control arms with a lift, so i would not want to do it on the ground lol  

I havent looked yet, but im not sure if if have to remove my mufflers in order to get to my forward uca bolts. also using hand tools, and my car is on jackstands as well lol so not much room. I am gunna rest the front tires on some 1ft ramps so i can have the rear end up higher to possibly have more room. not sure yet.

But yea i have the same space as you just a tiny bit more drafty lol

Would so love someone to get some balls and grind the ribs off and smooth that intake lol

haha id never be able to get it smooth enough to ever look good. but would be interesting to see!

Well it's 10 degrees outside, gotta get shit done! Was able to get the clutch cable off and got the drivers side valve cover off. Then had to remove the fuel lines and loosen up the one side of the fuel rail to get the passenger side cover off. Ready to put the new covers on! Then I just put the new gauges in to test fit, I'll need to trim the mounting studs to get them to fit into the cluster piece. Nothing's wired in yet.

f92b2397396b3c16896a1e596bb2256e.jpg

02e8b480191f815da097ee6bedd239f8.jpg

601e84e85ff64c41222511b4cec6d220.jpg

912eaf81a64fd62619c82707a522def3.jpg

3dad1bf4ff6f5fb6adeb4df08ba7445f.jpg

a58e081686858f2e24ed0f227f09cd66.jpg

Sent from my iPhablet

Comon @Blackmage don't be a vagina!!! Agreed though, that would look sick.

@95opal and @Steve-Oh jump on this, smooth it out, get it over to me and ill install it. lol

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1054010-96-98-cobra-upper-intake