95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

Dan is that a custom made power pipe your running? Im running the anderson on mine and it still barely touches the top of my 3.5 in raised hood.

It started out as an Anderson 94/95 N/A power pipe, I welded an elbow onto the TB end for the fox conversion, and also welded on the hanger that bolts to the inner fender panel. Do you have one of their fox ones?

Are you going to be covering the door pull cups as well or will this be the only CF piece inside?

I already have carbon door pull cups, door handle cups, cluster bezel and console lid so the radio and shifter bezels will complete the set so to speak :thumb:

I already have carbon door pull cups, door handle cups, cluster bezel and console lid so the radio and shifter bezels will complete the set so to speak :thumb:

I didn't see the carbon door pull cups or door handle cups listed on the Carbon Driven site. What manufacture made them?

All the carbon fiber stuff I had in the car already were from other companies, Carbon Driven only made the radio and shifter bezels above. I got the door cups and door handle cups from SVTP classifieds, a guy bought a terminator that had them and he wasn't a fan of carbon, the console lid came from eBay, and the cluster bezel is an Autometer piece I sent out to have wrapped with carbon fiber.

CD does make factory replacement pillars in carbon fiber, but I'm waiting for them to come out with a version that has a dual gauge pod in it. The guy must be one crazy busy dude because he's released half a dozen new 94-04 carbon parts in the last 6 months or so. I don't think I've seen a new part come out for a pre-05 mustang in a long time, especially anything made out of CF.

That looks awesome. I would love some carbon pieces (console/shifter, door panel cups and cowl) but I can't justify spending money on them. Especially because I'll probably just break them and I could spend the money on performance parts anywa. :D

It started out as an Anderson 94/95 N/A power pipe, I welded an elbow onto the TB end for the fox conversion, and also welded on the hanger that bolts to the inner fender panel. Do you have one of their fox ones?

I have the anderson power pipe made specifically for 94-95. I like yours better, looks like its not as high. http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/index.php/426-13.-Forced-Induction-Power-Pipe%C2%AE.html

Ohhhh sorry Jed, I thought you meant the intake pipe from the driver's fender to the TB.

I made the power pipe myself (quite inexpensively I might add). Basically it's just a 90 degree 4" aluminum elbow and a 90 degree 4" silicone coupler. Then I just picked out a K&N filter that would fit in the space I had to work with. It's a lot cheaper way to do it at only $57.94 (plus whatever filter you choose) vs. $130 for the Anderson piece. Plus it isn't nearly as high and does not hit my hood! :thumb:

The aluminum elbow is Spectre part # 9799 and the silicone coupler is Spectre part # 9781

Aluminum elbow

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/spe-9799

Coupler

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/spe-9781

Edited by 95riosnake

Hmm that sounds pretty badass! I'll check the link out tomorrow at work, on my phone right now and the site says I need flash to view it, ugh stupid iPhones...

there isn't a pic or anything as he just put it up, just a description. I saw a pic of it and its just a simple black box with a potentiometer and a label on top probably 4" x 4". Looks like a simple install and its also an easy way to keep from burning the valves up since it would do it for the amount of time needed. Like I said mine is supposed to be on its way, will update you when I know more.

• Moderators
Carbon fiber ... air ride ... :smiley-face-drool-1

It's killing me. I haven't even started my build and I already want to return parts and start over.

I need some help finding some clips for the radio bezel. The new carbon fiber bezel is designed to use the factory metal clips to hold it in place, but didn't come with them (I didn't expect it to). I can't seem to get the clips off my stock bezel, and even if I could, the 95's single din-style bezel only has 2 clips and I need 4 for the double din bezel. I have looked on CJPP and every other site I could think of with no luck. Anyone know where I can buy 4 of these?

v1yv.jpg

Those are close, the stock ones have a circular base though. BUT... thanks for the link, I googled the part number that the first link said it replaced and found this:

http://autobodyclips.com/Hardware-Clips-&-Fasteners/c82_7/p12606/12606/product_info.html

Looks to be the right part, thanks for the links!

I appreciate it! Just ordered them, $13 shipped for a bag of 25 clips isn't bad at all. I guarantee if I found them on a mustang parts site they'd be like $5 each lol

haha no kidding right? i use that site all the time to find random clips and bolts. A few years back we couldn't find the rocker moulding clips anywhere, and that site came to the rescue.

Ok so I got back to working on the car this weekend.

Started modding the single din dash to accept the double din CF bezel. The older dashboards have two mounting ears that need to be cut off, so those got the axe.

y6pc.jpg

df85.jpg

Cleaned up the cuts with a file and also clearanced the bottom bar a bit for the bottom of the bezel to sit flush. I'll need to make a couple small aluminum brackets for the bottom two spring clips of the bezel to snap into. Once the clips I ordered show up I'll get to work on that.

sxdt.jpg

Couldn't do much more to the dash for now so I turned my attention back to mounting the air tank in the trunk.

Grabbed my profile gauge to copy the area of the trunk opening where the upper brackets for the frame will mount

rwv7.jpg

Transferred the curve to cardboard

qy5s.jpg

Cardboard bracket mocked up

zxrz.jpg

Marked out and ready to cut from a plate of .188" steel

4xs3.jpg

Got down to business with the band saw and drill press

fops.jpg

n4ri.jpg

0le1.jpg

bqqn.jpg

The tank brackets needed the bottoms cut off to work how I wanted, so I marked them for a little surgery, I had them marked in this pic to cut the sides to make them circular but ended up deciding I liked them how they are.

ephx.jpg

kqug.jpg

pogw.jpg

kfmc.jpg

Mounted them back on the air tank

6hbq.jpg

Finished up the other main tube of the mounting frame for the tank today. It was a little nerve racking because I had to make sure they were exact mirror images of each other, and the angle had to be perfect or it will drive me crazy forever, lol. I planned to tack weld the upper mounting brackets in place, but I need to get some bolts to bolt them onto the heim joints first so I can make sure everything will line up before I start welding. So in the meantime they are shown here propped up on some boards and scrap.

62ed.jpg

4a6v.jpg

m06i.jpg

Sat the tank in place to give you an idea where I'm going with all this. I'll need to make a couple brackets to weld to the mounting arms for the tank brackets to bolt to.

6dfj.jpg

brpn.jpg

Thanks! I've been brainstorming how to mount this tank for months in my head lol. I think it's gonna turn out sick once I'm done with it!

I decided to get it wrapped in black suede/alcantara, haven't done that yet because it would just get all messed up while I'm working on the air stuff so I'll wait till the fabrication phase is done.

which way are the lines going to run? over the top or down below the tank?

Below, I've thought about turning the tank around so the ports face the rear seat but then you'll be able to see the welded seam that runs the length of the tank. You can kind of see it in this picture, not the prettiest. This area of the tank isn't perfectly round so there's a small gap between it and the tank brackets also.

6hbq.jpg

I suppose I could smooth it out with a bunch of JB weld and sand it smooth so it could still be powder coated... not sure yet.

Below, I've thought about turning the tank around so the ports face the rear seat but then you'll be able to see the welded seam that runs the length of the tank. You can kind of see it in this picture, not the prettiest. This area of the tank isn't perfectly round so there's a small gap between it and the tank brackets also.

6hbq.jpg

I suppose I could smooth it out with a bunch of JB weld and sand it smooth so it could still be powder coated... not sure yet.

i could see some hard line (stainless) or some steel braided lines being exposed looking slick. they make pressure fittings for 1/4" line in both just an fyi :)

• Moderators
i could see some hard line (stainless) or some steel braided lines being exposed looking slick. they make pressure fittings for 1/4" line in both just an fyi :)

Exposed copper lines with a black alcantara trunk would look awesome.

• Moderators
mmm, dam that would huh? def!

Especially if you polished the piss out of the tank and lines then cleared them so you didn't get the copper and stainless all patina-ed up.

Exposed copper lines with a black alcantara trunk would look awesome.

AN fittings/braided stainless lines or copper hard lines are definitely something I'm considering if I keep the ports facing you. Man, copper hard lines on an air ride setup with some camber in the rear will REALLY piss off some mustang purists, lol. Exactly what I'm going for :cool2:

Purists are always fun to piss off because they get all mad and huffy and think everyone should, just because...

Ain't that the truth. I think my new goal in life is to get them huffing and puffing as much as I can lol.

Same as it did in the update, sorry lol. I get a chance to work on the car maybe once a week these days. My wife wanted a puppy, now our lives are turned upside down chasing it around the house cleaning up piss lol.

Same as it did in the update, sorry lol. I get a chance to work on the car maybe once a week these days. My wife wanted a puppy, now our lives are turned upside down chasing it around the house cleaning up piss lol.

lmao! that shit can get stressful. had me and my wife and kids all kindsa tore up trying to house break our dog. starts off as aaawwww...you had a little accident did'nt ya little guy..to holy fuuuk man!! wtf did this dog eat? from that to i cant take this shit anymore....it has taken over our lives...haha