95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

I've sat in Recaros, they're nice too. To say all other seats are crap is a bit far fetched lol.
I agree as I LOVE my corbeau's and thought it was funny when I heard it. In the end I was told they look cheap, funny stuff.

Ever since ever I always compared the sparco and the Corbeau. I always thought id get a sparco but since we sell corbeaus at work, it was the smart choice. I'm extremely happy with my fx1's but I'd still love to sit in a sparco evo. Sat in a buddy's bride and couldn't feel my testicles after I got out. Sooooo tight.

you can't do all that talk about your rear seat delete and then not post a pic of it lol

Haha I will try to get a pic of it. It's kinda hard to get a shot of it though, the fixed back seats and harness bar block the view almost completely.

looking good dan keep the carbon parts coming

Will do, waiting on a couple more pieces still :thumb:

I agree as I LOVE my corbeau's and thought it was funny when I heard it. In the end I was told they look cheap, funny stuff.

Corbeaus don't look cheap at all IMO. The only seats I think look cheap ARE cheap, like the garbage you see on ebay, or knock-off no name shit brands.

Ever since ever I always compared the sparco and the Corbeau. I always thought id get a sparco but since we sell corbeaus at work, it was the smart choice. I'm extremely happy with my fx1's but I'd still love to sit in a sparco evo. Sat in a buddy's bride and couldn't feel my testicles after I got out. Sooooo tight.

Bride seats look awesome but I agree they are uncomfortable as hell. I sat in a couple different Brides and hated them. They're definitely designed to fit 110lb, 4'10" tall Asian dudes lol.

Brilliant build. Truly. Love my A4's.

Thanks sir I appreciate it!

All the carbon fiber looks right at home in there! Also that switch you made the bezel for looks great behind the fog switch.

Thanks Steve! At least someone likes the switch bezel other than me lol...

I have a lot of reading to catch up on...... your car is still one of my biggest inspirations.

Thanks man I really appreciate it! Progress has been slow recently because we got a puppy... it's been tough to get time in the garage :(

Thanks man I really appreciate it! Progress has been slow recently because we got a puppy... it's been tough to get time in the garage :(

I feel your pain, haha. We got a lab/pit mix a few months ago. She's 7 or 8 months old now and she's a handfull. Seeing the factory Cobra spoiler on your car is making it grow on me. I'm going to keep it for a while and see how I like it.

You've done a great job with the little I've been able to read. I'm going to sit down tonight when I get home from work and read through everything again.

BTW, you know we are friends on FB so you could have kept in touch this entire time!!!! Ok ok, enough of me derailing your thread. Keep up the amazing artwork!

I will just go ahead and beat Bryan to the punch before he asks if there is any progress. The answer is no :(

Every chance I've had to get down in the garage has been taken up doing what seems like endless repairs on my scion dd. Replaced both rear wheel bearings (with plenty of BFH action and cave man-style prying and chest beating), driver's front axle, wheels/tires (went with Audi RS4 replicas and Hankooks), brakes, one of the D2S hid bulbs burnt out ($185/pair for replacement OSRAM Xenarc CBI bulbs), etc... Boring stuff but it needs to pass inspection before the end of the month so it took priority lol. Hoping to get crackin on the mustang again ASAP.

video?

also post a pic of the new wheels on the scion

I'll grab a few pics of it tomorrow, getting too dark outside now.

Dan,

Hard work is paying off! I really like the whole carbon look of the interior. Kudos on the air tank build and mount looks killer.

Thanks man I appreciate it!

[MENTION=146]Prokiller[/MENTION] here are a couple quick pics of the scion with the new wheels. The center caps wouldn't fit with the gorilla lugs, I need some open-ended lugs to let them snap all the way down, so for now I'm just running the generic center caps from my old 17's which surprisingly fit. Soooo glad to be done wrenching on this car so I can get back to the mustang! :thumb:

mpm2.jpg

5rfb.jpg

What is new on your mustang Dan?

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=67]95riosnake[/MENTION]

See below

I will just go ahead and beat Bryan to the punch before he asks if there is any progress. The answer is no :(

Every chance I've had to get down in the garage has been taken up doing what seems like endless repairs on my scion dd. Replaced both rear wheel bearings (with plenty of BFH action and cave man-style prying and chest beating), driver's front axle, wheels/tires (went with Audi RS4 replicas and Hankooks), brakes, one of the D2S hid bulbs burnt out ($185/pair for replacement OSRAM Xenarc CBI bulbs), etc... Boring stuff but it needs to pass inspection before the end of the month so it took priority lol. Hoping to get crackin on the mustang again ASAP.

The DD is looking good with those RS4 replicas! Personally I'd have them painted or powder coated black due to the body color of the car. Either way it looks great.

Sorry to hear no progress but it gives the rest of us a little bit of time to play catch up!

I thought about black, even photoshopped it many times and just couldn't talk myself into it. I've always been a bright finish wheel person, I'm having a hard time breaking that lol. They look much better in person, it's a gloss silver finish. Unfortunately the tC isn't as photogenic as the cobra lol. I'd like to get an OEM front lip for it sometime and that'll be it.

That top piece is such a POS. I have been looking at how I will do mine as well. I shaped the rear package tray a little differently and I think I am just going to mold my own version of that piece into it.

That top piece is such a POS. I have been looking at how I will do mine as well. I shaped the rear package tray a little differently and I think I am just going to mold my own version of that piece into it.

What piece do you mean? The padded "head rest" thing?

Made a bit of progress today. I sent the blower back to Procharger back in May to be rebuilt because the seals were leaking, allowing blower oil to enter the intercooler piping and pool in the low areas... add boost under load and you can guess what the result was, lol. Anyway I've had it back in my hands since the 2nd or 3rd week of June but it's been sitting ever since because when it showed up there were scratches everywhere on it, including a 2"x1" area on the compressor side with vice jaw imprints :mad2: Needless to say it would need re-polished before it went back on and I was less than excited about the idea so it has been sitting as you see it below for quite a while lol

i6te.jpg

So today I sucked it up, grabbed several grits of sand paper and polishing compound and went to town. Here's a pic using a mild grit, I ended up sanding down almost the entire exterior of the blower. 600 grit all over to start, and even down to 320 where the vice jaw gouges were, then stepped up my grit until I had it baby smooth with 2000 grit.

ino6.jpg

Hit it with some compound, followed by some Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish, ShineSeal Metal Polish and ShineSeal Slick Finish.

8xdr.jpg

All shiny and sexy again

qscb.jpg

Bolted it back on, filled it up with 6oz of fresh blower oil from Procharger and took a few cool pictures ;)

otq2.jpg

tetl.jpg

6e2o.jpg

7xxr.jpg

h0oj.jpg

Hoping to hit it again for a while tomorrow and get something else accomplished on the car. Haven't decided what I'm going to work on yet though, haha... there's no shortage of things to choose from lol

Think I just had an accident...Do you have any pictures of the Y2K Rs without the spacers on the rear?

Thanks man, no I don't have any pics without spacers in the rear with the Y2K's, sorry

As far as the intake plaque, sorry to disappoint but that is a bit beyond my skill set still, lol maybe someday. Here's how the intake plaque went down:

I loved the look of the COBRA plaque on the stock intake on my old 302, so I decided to make my new SysteMax have the same feel for the 347. First I put the intake on the end mill at work and shaved the top smooth, followed by TONS of sanding with a palm sander. This was the result:

picture041xm.jpg

I then worked up a rendering of the new plaque that would accept an OEM cobra fender badge and be secured on using allen bolts so it could be taken off to access the center mounting bolt of the intake.

picture042e.jpg

Next, I machined out the mounting plate, tapped the bolt holes and TIG welded it onto the top of the intake. It was a bit tricky getting the cast intake heated up enough to weld properly without warping the shit out of the mounting plate. The welds turned out pretty nice for the amount of trouble I had welding to the cast aluminum.

picture043g.jpg

picture044g.jpg

Check for fit one last time:

picture047uc.jpg

Then contacted Steve at Billet Badges to have him CNC the intake plaque, after a couple months (this was a 100% custom job, much more going on with it than their normal stuff so it took a little while) it showed up looking sexual :thumb:

badgeh.jpg

• Like 1

that is rad!! now that you post that I think I recall seeing that before!

I left out the part where I melted down the spoons with my kettle, it happened sometime after I welded the mounting plate on though ;)