Zach

zach's 1995 gt build

Bitchin.  Car looks great!

I've always been a big fan of the longer studs in the rear, too.  Gives it an all business look.

If I can make a suggestion, though... tire shine ;)

Bitchin.  Car looks great!

I've always been a big fan of the longer studs in the rear, too.  Gives it an all business look.

I couldn't agree more about the wheel studs.... to bad the proper APR studs for an IRS are 70 bucks instead of the typical 15 for a pack of 5..   :cryingani:

Bitchin. Car looks great!

I've always been a big fan of the longer studs in the rear, too. Gives it an all business look.

I couldn't agree more about the wheel studs.... to bad the proper APR studs for an IRS are 70 bucks instead of the typical 15 for a pack of 5.. :cryingani:

yea I really dig the studs, I have the 3inch in the rear and 2.5 up front; and Yea that's the dullness of brand new tires lol. I work nights and have to get up early to make c&c cause it's an hour drive away (I live way out in the country),combined with a busy week I just plain ran out of time. Also not have drivin the car in awhile I just wanted to get behind the wheel, but don't worry I will have them shined for this weekends events.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c57f441a5195f09b4819a07f1ce63c16.jpg1706926cb034ec73e880f84bc448b30e.jpg pulled the top end down to adjust the valves and just go over everything. Also gonna get the intake and a few other things powder coated and maybe paint the bay too.

damn i was soooo tempted to do this with the sp505 hybrids....gloss black lips with matte black centers...just couldn't afford them at $1195 each lol. looks sick man

Not much going on with the car cause waiting on parts from powder I got back today. Re-did the harness in flex, changing a lot of other small things too. Also go engaged last weekend to my g/f of 7 years. Pretty exciting things going on lately for me and also hoping to get the car back together this weekend.

image.jpeg

Not much going on with the car cause waiting on parts from powder I got back today. Re-did the harness in flex, changing a lot of other small things too. Also go engaged last weekend to my g/f of 7 years. Pretty exciting things going on lately for me and also hoping to get the car back together this weekend.

Picked up this 03 cobra t56 and a driveshaft shop 950 aluminum driveshaft for a t45 swap I had laying around and 60$. All that's wrong with it is the Throwout bearing retainer is broken; already been inside the transmission and it is in immaculate condition gonna prolly run it as as and build it with the d&d magnum upgrade kit later on. All I need to find is a scatter shield for a and and it's ready to throw in.

image.jpeg

Well after running the numbers on the trans I found it is actually a cobra r spec ford racing t56, with the 31 spline out put with 2.97 first and .62 od. I think this is good and bad, Good for the first gear and the 31 spline output and bad because I don't believe anyone makes a 26 spline input for the 2.97 first gear. Any of you guys got any info on this??

Edited by Zach

Traded rear out of my car for a low Mile 04 irs with the full mm bushing kit and billet flow brace. Anyone with experience on this swap leave some info it looks to be pretty straight forward.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's as straightforward as they come really.  Biggest thing is drilling for the rear brackets.  Lots of ways to do it so take your pick but I think the easiest would be to use long bolts and a backing plate and drill all the way into the trunk similar to reinforcing torque boxes.  Or if you have access to a welder you can weld nuts, or bolts for that matter, into the frame rails.  

On September 12, 2016 at 7:41 AM, Lanter said:

It's as straightforward as they come really.  Biggest thing is drilling for the rear brackets.  Lots of ways to do it so take your pick but I think the easiest would be to use long bolts and a backing plate and drill all the way into the trunk similar to reinforcing torque boxes.  Or if you have access to a welder you can weld nuts, or bolts for that matter, into the frame rails.  

What I am actually going to do is put rivnuts in the bottom holes to have all 4 bolts in. The when I get it together take it to have the brackets finish welded in.

On September 12, 2016 at 7:41 AM, Lanter said:

Is that how you did it? Running long bolts into the trunk?

10 minutes ago, Zach said:

Is that how you did it? Running long bolts into the trunk?

No, for now I tapped the frame rails and used fine thread grade 8 bolts but this winter I am going to tear the trunk apart and just come through the floor with long bolts and backing plates.  I think Dan had his IRS bolted through the trunk floor with backing plates.

Yea I believe he did, I'm working on it now and drilled up into the trunk, I'm really surprised how thin the metal is in the trunk compared to on the bottom of the Frame rail.

28 minutes ago, Lanter said:

No, for now I tapped the frame rails and used fine thread grade 8 bolts but this winter I am going to tear the trunk apart and just come through the floor with long bolts and backing plates.  I think Dan had his IRS bolted through the trunk floor with backing plates.

Yea I believe he did, I'm working on it now and just drilled up into the trunk. I'm really surprised how thin the metal is in the trunk vs the bottom of the frame rail

26 minutes ago, Zach said:

Yea I believe he did, I'm working on it now and just drilled up into the trunk. I'm really surprised how thin the metal is in the trunk vs the bottom of the frame rail

Yea its thin up top for sure.  I was really surprised how thick the frame rails are.

15 hours ago, Zach said:

Even trade!!

What the actual F***. lol  How did you swing that?  Was your SRA built or something.  That's so awesome, you'll love the IRS.

Edited by Lanter

10 hours ago, Blackmage said:

how in the hell... lol  good for you man!

4 hours ago, Lanter said:

What the actual F***. lol  How did you swing that?  Was your SRA built or something.  That's so awesome, you'll love the IRS.

Yea my sra had Yukon 31 spline axles Yukon locker, welded tubes arp cap studs diff girdle cobra brakes and gt brakes went with it, maximum motor sports extreme duty weight jacket lower control arms, cobra spec stock boxed uppers, h&r torque arm springs mm valved bilstiens, braided brake lines and all the other stuff. For the money I had in my sra it was a pretty fair trade.

I've got a very comparable SRA to what yours was, including a MM panhard bar and coil-overs, and people still wanted a lot of cash on top of my SRA for even non-built IRS's.  Some folks just seem to think they're worth their weight in gold.  Idk where you guys find all of these deals..

Awesome upgrade, though.  This car just keeps getting better and better.

43 minutes ago, Tabres said:

I've got a very comparable SRA to what yours was, including a MM panhard bar and coil-overs, and people still wanted a lot of cash on top of my SRA for even non-built IRS's.  Some folks just seem to think they're worth their weight in gold.  Idk where you guys find all of these deals..

Awesome upgrade, though.  This car just keeps getting better and better.

Well the guy I traded with has had a couple of 8 and 9 second Cobras and basically hates irs, he said he hasn't had his most recent car a week and was ready to get rid of it and I was in the right place at the right time.

That seems to be the only way to grab an IRS for a realistic price, right place right time.  I feel there are two categories for the IRS, 1) way over priced and will sit for sale for months or 2) guys that hate the IRS for some reason and just want to get rid of it but those things sell within hours.... 

Got it all wrapped up, slp lm1 catback installed and everything else. I have to say I was worried the lm1's would be to loud but they are actually just the right medium in between loud and quiet. For some reason the h&r springs that came with the irs have the rear of the car sitting a fair amount lower than the front so I had to throw a set of Mach wheels on there to drive it around. The Ccw's were basically sitting on the fenders, I put the old rubber isos in there so figured that was some of the problem so I orderd 2 sets of new urethane isolators to put in there and stack of need be to get me by until I can get a set of mm coilovers for this thing. Over all I feel this is one of the best mods I have done for this car, I do not believe I have ever enjoyed driving it as much as I do now. The car is so planted to the road and instills a great amount of confidents in the bends.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg