blwnbyu

BLWNBYU's Its about time build thread :)

90MM Accufab Race.. Shit's gettin real!

11316815253_50071faaa1_b.jpg

tfs-r_5 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

I bought the Intake Used for two reasons.. One, 90mm Uppers are on Backorder, as is EVERYTHING from Trick Flow, like my heads were, and two it was a smoking deal.. It's in great shape, is already ported, and the guy spent a few hundred to have it polished.. Oh, and I paid less than new price, so I'm super happy!

That being said, there is some pitting, and spots that need work on them, so I ordered some buffs and cartridges, a stack of sandpaper and some rouge, and will polish it to perfection when i'm waiting on pushrods.

I won't stop until it matches the accufab.. Given that, here are a few more pics :)

11316679195_e37067d19d_b.jpg

tfs-r_1 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11316814803_f467d4d86f_b.jpg

tfs-r_6 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11316813713_05c95621cd_b.jpg

tfs-r_8 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

That accufab is insaneeeeeeeeeeeeee. God bless your soul for having the balls to rock that and actually drive the car

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

They are so worth the money. I only paid $299 shipped from american muscle on Cyber Monday with the spacer. It really is a work of freaking art.

Looks good. Consider rotating your tb 90 degrees to have cable pivot in back so the ugly ass iac is not front and center like I did gyganype.jpgyte4ade9.jpg

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi, vortech ys

Instagram [MENTION=584]Rolocut[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why those pictures suck ass

Here's an instagram pic I took today.. I'm trying to get the intake piping and such fit before I rip everything apart so I know what I need after I order pushrods if something doesn't fit..

1483037_10152050936143476_2116618717_n.jpg

You may need a smaller egr delete plate to fit that cold air by without hitting alternator. I have the whole polished power pipe I made for my car n/a still. It was a tight fit with then sn95 set up before I put on the march alternator bracket and went fox front accessories

You may need a smaller egr delete plate to fit that cold air by without hitting alternator. I have the whole polished power pipe I made for my car n/a still. It was a tight fit with then sn95 set up before I put on the march alternator bracket and went fox front accessories

That's the blower discharge. Alternator fits just fine

Plenty of hood clearance with the 1" Spacer, 90MM Accufab, and TFS R. I WILL NOT EVER change my hood. That is one of the main reasons I dropped the 427 plans lol. My energy motor mounts should raise it up a hair, but nothing to worry about.

- - - Updated - - -

11391007514_4bd5b04183_b.jpg

hood clearance by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

Intake is sweet, how bout removing the trick flow and ribs. Bet shed really pop then. Quick ? why the !' spacer, kinda defeating the short runner intake a bit

I've thought about removing them... Spacer is to clear my monster valve covers. Although, this intake is designed for 7000 rpm, so I do welcome that extra inch lol. With the Vortech, it wont really make a difference. I do intend to spin the 363 near 7000 though

I've thought about removing them... Spacer is to clear my monster valve covers. Although, this intake is designed for 7000 rpm, so I do welcome that extra inch lol. With the Vortech, it wont really make a difference. I do intend to spin the 363 near 7000 though

I would think that's even more of a reason to try and go down on spacer size even if you cant remove it.

Motor is ready to pull. Just heading to the hardware store to pick up a chain. Also taking my Front Accessories to the powder coater.
Sweet do you plan on smoothing the bay this time around.. The car definitely deserves a smooth bay

I would think that's even more of a reason to try and go down on spacer size even if you cant remove it.

Sweet do you plan on smoothing the bay this time around.. The car definitely deserves a smooth bay

Well I can't stand it past 6000 on my stock motor. The 363 should be done around may. I would like to smooth the entire engine bay at that time then also will be installing a full maxim over sports suspension. Picking up a 1000 dollar wire feed isn't really in the budget though so I'm going to see if I can find one to borrow. I already have a stick and tig welder

Well I can't stand it past 6000 on my stock motor. The 363 should be done around may. I would like to smooth the entire engine bay at that time then also will be installing a full maxim over sports suspension. Picking up a 1000 dollar wire feed isn't really in the budget though so I'm going to see if I can find one to borrow. I already have a stick and tig welder

If you don't mind me asking, what TIG welder do you have?

• Moderators
Looking great! Don't smooth your bay, because then I'll be forced to do the same out of jealousy of all the cars I know of getting that done, and my car won't see the road until like 2019 :pout:

I feel ya there... and I am not even halfway to the level of [MENTION=264]blwnbyu[/MENTION] or you.

Looking great! Don't smooth your bay, because then I'll be forced to do the same out of jealousy of all the cars I know of getting that done, and my car won't see the road until like 2019 :pout:

That holds me back alot.. I hate the car being down lol. And I share my garage with a roommate so I try not to take the whole thing up. A friend from work did just offer me his wirefeed :) But I'm going to wait until Summer to do that project. I'm hoping to make enough this spring to be able to pay for the motor and at least a full front suspension, and then do the back half in the fall. It's kind of hard to budget because I never know how much I'll make or how much I'll work.

Lots of progress the last few days.. Motor is on a stand and heads are back off. Clayed the pistons for the 11R's.. .082 intake .250+ exhaust. It's crazy to clear a 2.08 intake on stock pistons!

Measured pushrod length. Looks like it should be 7.200 Pulled the drivers fender last night and am moving the fuse box into the fenderwell and hiding most of the harness.

Picked up a MSD 6AL-2 on corral brand new for $200

Going to sell my BTM for about $100

Trying to sell my old S trim. Hard part is that it needs a rebuild, so I'm not sure what to ask.. If someone rebuilds it themselves, they can have basically a new blower for about $750 IF I sell it for $500.. That sounds pretty damn reasonable to me?

Happened to stumble across a Renegade style Vortech bracket on Corral.. I don't really need it, but I REALLY wanted it, so I picked it up.. It was not cheap :(

Also bought a billet powersteering pump bracket.. It's for a fox, but I'm positive I can make it work by shortening the spacers that it uses. I couldn't get anyone to answer that question for me so I said fuck it and bought it.

Also talked to the powdercoater today about doing my accessory brackets, timing cover, and lower intake.. Originally I was thinking of doing the lower black?? The Upper will be polished still.. But I think I may just coat it the same as the accessory brackets and timing cover..

Then polished valve covers, intake, and tb. And all of the intake tubing is ceramic coated by Anderson...

I'm about out of money for the year now, so I can't buy anything more until I sell some stuff..

I have a brand new power pipe to sell, as well as a tmoss ported lower GT40, Regular GT40 upper and lower, 70mm BBK TB, 80MM PMAS 60# MAF, Stock Alternator, Stock Fuel Rails, Stock Valve Covers, and the stock heads and rockers which are tentatively spoken for locally.

Renegade bracket is a good score, never have to worry about flex. Im running one on mine and to be honest I don't think id run a blower without it. As far as the power steering bracket goes if your sticking with the sn style front accessories you will need to shorten the spacers or just convert to fox stuff,....fox blowers are everywhere and cheap.

Renegade bracket is a good score, never have to worry about flex. Im running one on mine and to be honest I don't think id run a blower without it. As far as the power steering bracket goes if your sticking with the sn style front accessories you will need to shorten the spacers or just convert to fox stuff,....fox blowers are everywhere and cheap.

By looking at it I just figured I could grind down the spacers and be good to go. Sounds like you agree :) Definitely not switching to fox accessories.

By looking at it I just figured I could grind down the spacers and be good to go. Sounds like you agree :) Definitely not switching to fox accessories.
No doubt youll be able to shorten the spacers or just buy shorter ones depending on how its actually mounted. A grinder seems a bit crude but I can still see it as possible. I know I can use a 4" grinder about as accurate as a dam surgeon with a scalpel. lol

• Moderators
Trying to sell my old S trim. Hard part is that it needs a rebuild, so I'm not sure what to ask.. If someone rebuilds it themselves, they can have basically a new blower for about $750 IF I sell it for $500.. That sounds pretty damn reasonable to me?

Damn you for even putting this thought in my head.

No doubt youll be able to shorten the spacers or just buy shorter ones depending on how its actually mounted. A grinder seems a bit crude but I can still see it as possible. I know I can use a 4" grinder about as accurate as a dam surgeon with a scalpel. lol

I use a 4 inch for a living lol but I'll probably use my bench grinder :-)

• Moderators
I have the discharge 2 and bypass

LOL. Stop. I don't even have a motor built! Just a bare, extremely dirty engine bay with a bare 351w waiting in the wings.

If I hadn't just spent money on a steering rack and K-member, I'd be in a much better position to talk.

No shaft play whatsoever. Impeller looks to be in good shape as well. Needs Bearings and Seals. I'll sell for $500 with the flat mounting bracket, discharge, bosch bypass, and 3.125 pulley (if I can find it) for $500. Rebuild kit is $269. All a person would need is crank pulley, main mounting bracket, feedline ( I have extras) and powerpipe.. I also have a BRAND NEW IN BOX 94-95 Powerpipe I need to get rid of. I can throw it in for $240 shipped as well. For about $1250, someone can have a freshly rebuilt polished vortech and new powerpipe ready to run.

STRIM_3.jpg

STRIM_4.jpg

STRIM_2.jpg

STRIM_1.jpg

STRIM.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Something else really big showed up today.. I could have bought a Viper Spec T-56, but instead I bought this..

11440375666_926101698c_b.jpg

COUCH_1 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

11440334714_48dd29d87c_b.jpg

COUCH by BLWNBYU, on Flickr