Det_Riot

Bagged, slammed, and stanced Boss 302

Stopped by my buddies house this evening to check out the progress on his build. Its coming together pretty damn well. 2013 boss 302, airlift technology kit, forgestar f14. Check it out!

6uzu3usa.jpg

u2ybara5.jpg

qavysyba.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I really don't understand the whole air ride thing going that low with low pro tires. I understand year one with air ride with correct ride height and the crazy performance but that just doesn't look good.

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi, vortech ys

Instagram @rolocut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't understand the whole air ride thing going that low with low pro tires. I understand year one with air ride with correct ride height and the crazy performance but that just doesn't look good.

Instagram @Rolocut

cause when ya air out...walk bout 10' away and look back...something happens in ur pants :) 

Instagram @Rolocut

Ditto. I don't like the look of the boss at all.. what a waste

i might airride my 12 and its because i want to drive the car , if you have a car that looks right and has the right stance, then you have to be worried to drive it for fear of bottoming out  on something or scraping, with air ride you air up for the drive and have no worries .

Just so everyone knows, he plans on dragging it, auto-x, and road course-ing it when he can. He's got full exhaust including long tubes, cold air, and a lund racing tune. This car rips. His controller has 12 different presets. He's got 4 programmed for driving and laid out for when he's parked and shows, and is going to use the other 8 for racing applications.

The rims bother me more than the fact that it's a bagged purpose built car.

It doesn't look too bad, just needs rims that not every coyote owner has. 

I'd agree with you on that. He's working on buying a new house and is having another child so going all out with wheels wasn't his main concern. I'm sure he'll get something else 

This was his old subaru he traded in for the boss:

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

Is that rear quarter sitting on the tire?

My take on bags...  there great for taking pics of your car while sitting still but you still have to raise it to drive it. Now that's a lot of work and money for some cool pictures.... Im a firm static drop guy so to me bags are a waist.

liked it way better before ...like... WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

BETTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Serious question:  What happens when the "wheel nobody else has" becomes the "wheel everyone else has"?  Will everyone just resort back to what was originally considered the "wheel everyone else has"?  See now having the "wheel everyone else has" is actually having the "wheel nobody else has". 

cause when ya air out...walk bout 10' away and look back...something happens in ur pants :)

Nothing happens in my pants..  I don't like the look when the car is sitting on it's own tires.  Might look ok on a 72 C10, but not on a sportscar.

Take a factory built race car and put mini truck suspension on it.. yep.. pretty much a waste.

a minitruck chasis and a mustangs are so completely different that i would have to bust out paragraphs to explain why that statement makes zero since lol. if you don't mind coilovers...why the (typical) hate towards air suspension? are they not both adjustable? is it just because you and @Rolocut along with many, many, many, many, many, many, other mustangers cant get the image of a six four hoppin down the street out of your extreeeeeeemely closed minds? just wondering?

a minitruck chasis and a mustangs are so completely different that i would have to bust out paragraphs to explain why that statement makes zero since lol. if you don't mind coilovers...why the (typical) hate towards air suspension? are they not both adjustable? is it just because you and @Rolocut along with many, many, many, many, many, many, other mustangers cant get the image of a six four hoppin down the street out of your extreeeeeeemely closed minds? just wondering?

I just don't think ANYTHING with the wheels tucked up in the fenders looks good. My car isn't low to look cool. I have no use for a mustang on 20 inch wheels and rubber bands. You obviously have different wants and uses with your car, or old car I should say. Nothing wrong with that. I love Dan's car, but I would have never put air ride on it, but, it's his car to do whatever he wishes. He is obviously more geared towards show, while I'm more like Rolocut and care more about performance, but looking as nice as possible while meeting those goals.. 

I don't drive my car much, but when I do, it's driven really hard.. If I want to cruise low and slow on 20's, I'll drive my LS. 

personal attacks? should moderators not be doing this?

taken from the rules

"1. Keep posts on topic. Don’t post just to get your count up, your posts will get deleted. Keep tech threads focused on tech threads. See rule #4 for more detail. If you have a question regarding something in someone’s sig, take it to pm’s

2. Keep flaming and call outs in the Royal Rumble. Any flaming, blatant disrespect, or obvious trolling not happening in the ring, will result in an infraction or instant temporary vacation.

3. False information given in threads should be corrected in a respective and constructive way. Not everyone has spent their life slaving over a broken car. Cut them some slack."

Keep the personal attacks out of it before if have to lock a thread. Talk about things but there's no need to personally call out people

personal attacks? should moderators not be doing this?

taken from the rules

"1. Keep posts on topic. Don’t post just to get your count up, your posts will get deleted. Keep tech threads focused on tech threads. See rule #4 for more detail. If you have a question regarding something in someone’s sig, take it to pm’s

2. Keep flaming and call outs in the Royal Rumble. Any flaming, blatant disrespect, or obvious trolling not happening in the ring, will result in an infraction or instant temporary vacation.

3. False information given in threads should be corrected in a respective and constructive way. Not everyone has spent their life slaving over a broken car. Cut them some slack."

if you think i'm attacking then you are just silly. i personally don't care if you guys think members cars are a "waste" if they're on air. i love air ride. its more $$ yea but well worth it in the end when you drop thousands on skirts and exhaust that get tore up from just driving. just my opinion :) sorry @Rolocut & @blwnbyu if i was disrespectful in any way. 

Calling somebody "small minded" is nothing short of disrespect, period.

"is it just because you and @Rolocut along with many, many, many, many, many, many, other mustangers cant get the image of a six four hoppin down the street out of your extreeeeeeemely closed minds?"

That was an attack, on everyone in this thread that stated that they didn't like bags, or the car. Sorry that other people don't share your tastes. That does not make them small minded

so is calling someones car a waste or that putting air on someones car is making it shitty. i told them i apologized to the 2 i may have offended so why don't you let it the fuck go my dude! 

I wonder if the Boss in the OP can escalate quickly, if you know what I mean naughty.gif

Went from fully laid to fully lifted in like 3 seconds

what the heck does every one do for a JOB. I apparently F'd up when i went to Ford school. Very nice car. im not a fan of the 05-14 cars... the Boss is my exception. Love me a Boss. on a complete side note. If i had a boss my liscense plate would be LKEABOS. nice car :D

what the heck does every one do for a JOB. I apparently F'd up when i went to Ford school. Very nice car. im not a fan of the 05-14 cars... the Boss is my exception. Love me a Boss. on a complete side note. If i had a boss my liscense plate would be LKEABOS. nice car :D

He was a civilian engineer for Tardec for a while. Now he works for Johnson Controls and is the lead engineer for their Ford and Chrysler accounts

He was a civilian engineer for Tardec for a while. Now he works for Johnson Controls and is the lead engineer for their Ford and Chrysler accounts

if he's a Ford engineer, him and I need to have a talk! I have some issues I need resolved! Would be nice to have an in

Calling somebody "small minded" is nothing short of disrespect, period.

"is it just because you and @Rolocut along with many, many, many, many, many, many, other mustangers cant get the image of a six four hoppin down the street out of your extreeeeeeemely closed minds?"

That was an attack, on everyone in this thread that stated that they didn't like bags, or the car. Sorry that other people don't share your tastes. That does not make them small minded

What is a "six four hoppin"? Is it "Hopping"? I am not quite sure, I would have to say I'm confused. I don't see the need to be so defensive. Some people like muscle car looks and some people like import looks. Quite simply there's a happy medium between the two. I guess I am saying, air bags are okay, on certain cars, with a correct tire/rim ratio, but usually looks more like a car that should be on pimp my ride.

I guess I'm too small minded at my young hip age of 23 to desire or consider the look. I'm all for unique and different, just sometimes it does not work...

Instagram @rolocut

if he's a Ford engineer, him and I need to have a talk! I have some issues I need resolved! Would be nice to have an in

Not employed by Ford, his company is hired by ford. Pm me your inquiry and I'll see if I can get an answer

My take on bags...  there great for taking pics of your car while sitting still but you still have to raise it to drive it. Now that's a lot of work and money for some cool pictures .

My narrow mind is still stuck here /\/\ cant help it, its true.

I think people make the mistake of assuming the sole reason someone puts bags on a car is to hard park the car on its nuts. This is no doubt one thing that you have the option to do with bags, but the real value in them, for me at least, is to be able to raise the car. Damn near every parking lot entrance in Pittsburgh is about a 45 degree angle, and speed bumps are littered all over the place. I have fixed my side skirts about 10 times now and I've had enough...dragging my exhaust on the ground on a regular basis is also something I am done with. Mind you, this is a problem I had even at stock ride height with side exhaust. One option would be to ditch the side exhaust, but such a notion is about as appealing as losing my left nut, so that's a no-go. Rocking a 4x4 stance is also not an option... I raised it half an inch after I put in the IRS and that extra height and wheel gap bothered me like you wouldn't believe. I am personally eagerly looking forward to the day when I'm staring down some parking lot entrance from hell, then I merely press a button and raise the car up to cruise right in.