White95

suspension of direct file uploading

We decided to suspend the direct file up loader.

Image result for panic emoticon:jerry:  :admin:

Yes, we know it sucks. No, we aren't going to turn it back on JUST YET. We have to weigh our options on how to proceed from here so either bear with us, or don't. We want to keep this a fun and friendly environment  for people to hang out. This CAN NOT be achieved by calling out the admin team for 'fawking up' the forum or making changes to OUR FORUM without first consulting the membership. Yes, the new influx of membership rapidly pushed the storage space to the maximum but it wasn't set very high due to previously slow activity. We see that as a positive issue and are working towards a temporary solution [spending more money] until we reach a final resolution. Until then, chill out and continue posting. 

Websites aren't free, I don't think everyone understands that. It's been a constant give and take keeping this site running without breaking the bank, there have been countless conversations behind the scenes over the years to keep the doors open. It's not just as simple as oh, we don't want that feature anymore. Features are only removed when they need to be.

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Evilcw311 said:

We've been hearing the same stuff for years now. Just more broken campaign promises with a new candidate. 

Logan, I love ya, but chill the fuck out.  It hasn't been years, and no one has promised shit.  You are the only one of the Tapatalk users that can't understand that Tapatalk is out of our control.  The forum software doesn't support it.  We didn't write the forum software, nor can we force their hand.  Sorry.  Not sorry.

41 minutes ago, Evilcw311 said:

Ive said it before, I may be a pain in the ass but I speak for those who won't speak up. If ya don't like it, delete my threads and ban me. 

You are a pain in the ass, but we love ya.  You've just gotta be a little more understanding and patient.  No one is going to delete your threads or ban you.

42 minutes ago, Evilcw311 said:

Maybe yal need to realize fhat all the behind the door discussions are the problem. I remember a time when the other forum was at its peak and there was discussions out in the open about changes that needed to be made and what it would take to make them. If it's money problems then post a thread explaining what is needed to keep said features and ask members to help out. 

Would you like a screenshot of the mod forum?  There aren't, nor have there ever been, any "behind the door discussions" that weren't discussed in gen pop.  There was a thread discussing the money troubles last year.  We got like 10 supporting members that kept the site afloat until now.  Same problem cropped up and the website was sold to Bob.  Bob, his crew, and the remaining OG Source crew are working on a solution to the problems.  The first temp fix was to shut down the file hosting as we were dangerously close to the website shutting down.  Next is figuring out a permanent solution to that and our money issues.  Then we can worry about the outliers such as Tapatalk.  

54 minutes ago, Evilcw311 said:

Maybe yal need to realize fhat all the behind the door discussions are the problem. I remember a time when the other forum was at its peak and there was discussions out in the open about changes that needed to be made and what it would take to make them. If it's money problems then post a thread explaining what is needed to keep said features and ask members to help out. 

Behind the doors = Steve, Bryan and I texting each other for days on end each time we needed to figure out how to keep things going. You have somehow concocted that we had some top secret plan to screw people out of something. I don't know how you came to think of us as some corrupt government agency but you seriously need to cut the shit man. You and I talk often via text and I think you're a great dude but I have had enough of you talking shit. I have explained to you many times both openly on the forum, in PM's and in texts why there is no Tapatalk. When it's possible to add it to the site we can explore that route but it isn't possible currently.

2 hours ago, Evilcw311 said:

Yes but pissing off members new and old, many of who either were supporting members or those who considered becoming supporting members will get it nowhere. 

We've been hearing the same stuff for years now. Just more broken campaign promises with a new candidate. 

Ive said it before, I may be a pain in the ass but I speak for those who won't speak up. If ya don't like it, delete my threads and ban me. 

Look dude we have told you countless time and I know Dan has as well.  My goal was never to screw anyone, hell I've spent thousands, of my own hard earned dollars over the years to keep this site running and get things in place that made everyone happy but not everything goes according to plan.  I'm sorry the last couple of years I haven't been able to put my full resources into finding better solutions but in the last couple of years, I've purchased new cars, bought a house and never fully recovered from losing a son to suicide, so excuse me if my interest in the site has dwindled down to the point of not putting my full heart and soul into it anymore.  This is why I GAVE the site to Bob, because I knew he and his crew could dedicate the time and resources to this place to get it where everyone was happy but hell they haven't even had it for six months and you can't even give them the time to look into how they want to restructure and make changes to the site.  This shit isn't easy and it doesn't happen overnight.  I'm sorry you don't have the time to take additional steps to post a picture but guess what, you're not the only one with a family and a work schedule, we all have to make sacrifices and changes and that goes for you too, unless you want to fork out the money it takes to run this place then you can run it how you see fit, but last time I checked there isn't a For Sale sign in the front yard.

Evilcw311......what have you done?

Honestly tho

I see this forum taking off! Ill agree the format is a tad different taking a bit to get use to and....... (here is the big one)..... this site far superior for a mobile device than the "other" forum. Tapatalk is the only way I can post over there and not pull my hair out cause the full site on my mobile is a complete pain! Thats not to say tapatalk needs to be here. I think the format works well and like everything else, it has its quirks. Since we all some cool S.O.B.'s .......we will be fine, so just keep visiting and making post.

Now if we could just setup a buffet loaded with cookies and milk. I love cookies and milk.

4 hours ago, LWARRIOR1016 said:

What!?!? Tapatalk? 

Damn, evil finally broke you guys lol. 

Evil was never the problem.  Tapatalk was.  The way they require the software to work currently ins't friendly with how our hosting package works, so they either A figured out a way to make it work, or B TT has finally made the corrections that allow us to load 3rd party apps that work in our hosting package.    

See typically what happens with TT is you have to upload a folder to your server and from there load a file from the back end of the the software via the admin panel and boom you're done.  Buuuut with our hosting package we don't have access to the server files as the company that makes the software does all our hosting so all of our 3rd party apps (which usually come from the official IPB site) are written in a fashion that give us a file that basically the admin upload from the admin panel that distributes the files needed to the server without us having to access it at all.  Needless to say Tapatalk has to make that file and the last time I checked, about a month ago, they still hadn't accomplished this hence why we don't have TT.

• Like 1