95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

hawa.jpg

man damn dude! this trunk is gonna be exactly what i would like to do. i love seeing the parts on display like the tank aand the awesome arms to perch the tank on. great ideas you have there good sir!!!!!!!

I just made a mess! This thread = win!

I am in awe of the awesomeness of this build and the skill it takes to do so!

I appreciate it, sorry for the mess lol

hawa.jpg

man damn dude! this trunk is gonna be exactly what i would like to do. i love seeing the parts on display like the tank aand the awesome arms to perch the tank on. great ideas you have there good sir!!!!!!!

Thanks Tony! I thought about how I wanted to build this trunk for months, and scrapped about a dozen layouts during that time. I think I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out. I haven't decided where to mount the compressors but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it lol.

I love you.

kevin-hart-disses-ex-torrei-300x198.jpg

not sure how big yours are compared to mine but I was able to tuck mine up above the shock towers mounted to the metal behind the back seat area. Would be a fairly useless area otherwise but mine fit there perfectly.

Moving on, I got some time (not much, but I made it count, lol) to get some more done on the air ride setup.

I got the brackets cut out at work on Thursday, then finally got some time to weld them onto the frame arms today. As you can see, the bolts run through existing holes in the tank brackets/clamps. I'll get some fancy fasteners to replace what is shown in the pics, just used some random bolts I had laying around while I welded it all up.

elsb.jpg

2i29.jpg

ywel.jpg

npwo.jpg

2wls.jpg

The tank is mounted solid as hell now. I'm gonna start figuring out where I want to mount the compressors and valves next :thumb:

not sure how big yours are compared to mine but I was able to tuck mine up above the shock towers mounted to the metal behind the back seat area. Would be a fairly useless area otherwise but mine fit there perfectly.

Cool I'll check out that option. I haven't really looked into where to mount them yet, but that seems like a good option :thumbsup:

[MENTION=67]95riosnake[/MENTION] we are going to have to ask your wife to step away from the man as we need his updates. Please get back into the garage and don't come out till you have at least 2 pages worth of progress lol.

Haha I spent all day last Sunday working on it, just nothing that is picture worthy. Extended wires for the gauges so they can mount in the cup holder pod in the center console, wired up the cutouts, and did a bunch of other wiring. Here's a couple pics I have of the 98 console in place. The shifter and radio bezels from [MENTION=544]Carbon Driven[/MENTION] are also mocked up. I have a Redline Goods shift boot to install on the shifter bezel still, and have to make a couple aluminum brackets for the lower two clips of the radio bezel to clip into since my dash doesn't have anywhere to drill holes for them. These are just quick phone pics, I apologize for the crap quality.

2keu.jpg

r0v0.jpg

dan that looks amazing! would you ever consider painting the shifter bezel edge black to match the flow of c/f from the bezel? that make any sense at all, lol? dont matter still looks killer!

Already ahead of you on that Tony. I'm going to mask off half of the edge of the shifter bezel and paint it flat black to match the dash color so it will line up with the edge of the radio bezel. :thumb:

notice how carefully i selected my words? telling dan how to make something flow right's about the same as telling dr. sues how to write childrens books hahaha!! < the only example i have right now but you feel me :P

Looking good Dan!

Yea its really hard to make the lines flow when you consider that everyone has different colored interior as the 1/2 line will be color dependant on what they have

right! and its a VERY easy line to tape and paint so no biggy at all imo.

Looking good Dan!

Yea its really hard to make the lines flow when you consider that everyone has different colored interior as the 1/2 line will be color dependant on what they have

Didn't even think of that. I'm just so used to single color interiors. You know what this means though, now you must make a carbon fiber dash. Then he won't have to spray the shifter bezel!

notice how carefully i selected my words? telling dan how to make something flow right's about the same as telling dr. sues how to write childrens books hahaha!! < the only example i have right now but you feel me :P

Haha thanks man, (insert some weird ass Dr. Seuss rhyme here) lol

Looking good Dan!

Yea I don't have a problem painting the edge, your reasoning makes perfect sense, in fact I had already asked about it before I bought one, lol so obviously I was ok with it! It's almost a shame to cover up any of this beautiful CF! :Cry:

Didn't even think of that. I'm just so used to single color interiors. You know what this means though, now you must make a carbon fiber dash. Then he won't have to spray the shifter bezel!

Haha, then a full CF center console to match the dash, lol... before you know it the entire interior would be CF, even the floor lol.

Random question, what is that kdezines rear seat delete made out of and how sturdy is it? I think I want to make my own but it has to be strong enough to hold all my luggage when I go to Mustang Week. Also, I don't want it to be any heavier than the rear seats are already.

Random question, what is that kdezines rear seat delete made out of and how sturdy is it? I think I want to make my own but it has to be strong enough to hold all my luggage when I go to Mustang Week. Also, I don't want it to be any heavier than the rear seats are already.

The steel mounting frame for the fold down seat backs weighs a shit ton so this definitely weighs less than the old seats did. It is made out of 1/2" MDF and is very strong. I sit on it all the time. I've been laying across it and sitting on it quite a bit recently while doing wiring and such, working in the trunk, etc and it is extremely sturdy. This could easily hold all your luggage without budging. Not the cheapest seat delete out there but by far the nicest quality fit and finish IMO. Plus I hate how most rear seat deletes sink the upright panel back underneath the rear "head rest"...the K-Dezines piece mounts the upright rear portion flush with the head rest and interior panels so it looks like it was supposed to be that way :thumb: I paid a bit extra to have the upright part wrapped in black vinyl so it really blends in with the interior panels, I would almost venture to say it looks like a factory option.

dan do you think a rear seat delete would be strange looking in a vert? maybe with a speedster cover? just wondering cause think i'd have better luck with subs and amps going that route, lol. putting them in the seat delete rather then the trunk. thoughts my dude.....?

dan do you think a rear seat delete would be strange looking in a vert? maybe with a speedster cover? just wondering cause think i'd have better luck with subs and amps going that route, lol. putting them in the seat delete rather then the trunk. thoughts my dude.....?

I think it would be a good option. If you run a speedster cover you wouldn't even see the rear seat delete or subs, so it's kind of a wash. I don't think K-Dezines makes a RSD for a vert, but you could always email him and ask. I don't see why he couldn't make one. He's a nice guy to talk to, and more than willing to do some custom stuff so I wouldn't hesitate to shoot him an email or give him a call :thumb: