1997cobra

Dirty Don's 1997 Cobra AKA Trollbra

43898100.jpg

I cant decide what to do. Haven't ordered anything. I think i'm going to bag the motor up for now,let the new job kick in. I just don't want to go on a shopping spree without seeing the new pay checks first

43898100.jpg

I cant decide what to do. Haven't ordered anything. I think i'm going to bag the motor up for now,let the new job kick in. I just don't want to go on a shopping spree without seeing the new pay checks first

Just wait two weeks and then splurge. We can disassemble the heads still for cams and valve springs

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Did you get the valve covers and COPs off the continental? I've been researching some stuff to convert to COPs.

I have them off. If you need info on them I can give it up, but [MENTION=10]WildWillyWalker[/MENTION] already bought the cops and cam covers

@1997cobra, did you have the spark plug covers from the continental by chance?

the continental has cops, so they are different then plug covers I believe. I started cleaning up your oil cooler the other day, I should have it all cleaned up tonight.

I basically need to reorganize the garage before I start tearing into the heads. Sell stuff, throw shit away, and make room in general. I'll be starting that after my running around today

I have them off. If you need info on them I can give it up, but [MENTION=10]WildWillyWalker[/MENTION] already bought the cops and cam covers

the continental has cops, so they are different then plug covers I believe. I started cleaning up your oil cooler the other day, I should have it all cleaned up tonight.

I basically need to reorganize the garage before I start tearing into the heads. Sell stuff, throw shit away, and make room in general. I'll be starting that after my running around today

I was just curious what year continentals run COPs, so I can be on the lookout. Not trying to get yours. Haha

when ever they switched to c heads, so 99+. They are the same coils that the terminators use. I'll also note that the cam covers have the pcv holes in the back, which might be nice for a clean oil separator setup

Edited by 1997cobra

I was just curious what year continentals run COPs, so I can be on the lookout. Not trying to get yours. Haha
when ever they switched to c heads, so 99+. They are the same coils that the terminators use. I'll also note that the cam covers have the pcv holes in the back, which might be nice for a clean oil separator setup

im do believe the 98+ has COP's? but yea, i need the earlier version that had the coil packs. and i think the mark viii's started in 97 with COP's on the B heads.

I started cleaning up your oil cooler the other day, I should have it all cleaned up tonight.

Thanks Don!

ema5ejy4.jpg

Got the motor apart tonight and I actually cleaned it up a little bit .

y2e2ebe8.jpg

Got some terminator rods and pistons from Ortiz a while back.

3e9aheta.jpg

Recently bought some gt500 followers, thanks to Brett advice.

Plan is to have the bottom end at the shop to have it all balanced out next week.. Ortiz will be grinding me some nasty blower cams.. Still gotta get valve Springs, not sure what I'm going to do there. Ortiz will also be tuning my car once it's all ready. That's the plan as of now. Bryans car enters the garage this week, so Idk how fast this stuff will happen.

THERES YOUR UPDATE!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Update: his rear brakes are bigger than most peoples front brakes. Twin disk clutch and aluminum flywheel ftw! Fresh fiberglass nom nom nom.

Nah, I'll just let it rot here until I drive it next

Ps, my steel Flywheel is supposedly lighter then that aluminum flywheel

?! Say wut

I had a deal going for irs but it fell through sadly

So I'm sticking to the sra, and that's all the details I'll go into right now.

There is absolutely no way the car will be running this year

Hahaha, I think most of us have probably been known to change things up.

I had a deal going for irs but it fell through sadly

So I'm sticking to the sra, and that's all the details I'll go into right now.

There is absolutely no way the car will be running this year

Keep looking, one will turn up eventually.

Too bad the you won't have the car running. I've been there myself and it really sucks.

I'm not looking anymore, I've decided on sra, and sticking with it.

It's better this way.. Taking my time on it will net a more reliable car, which is kind of important to me.. I don't want a repeat of last summer where everyday I had the car jacked up after work for 1 reason or another

The motor is also changing direction for the better, because it's no longer a winter project. Going 11 to 1 compression ratio, with the Eaton swap.

Also in the plans, custom watts link, custom sla front suspension etc..

Bryans car is priority at this point though.. My car won't be touched until his rolls out of my garage, and my jeep projects are usable.. Then the cobra will happen