iRoush

The Pics you've all been waiting for: WIDEBODY

Love it man! I haven't seen the Maier flares on too many mustangs other than the pics on Maier's site. Definitely love the look, and the new rollers kick ass. Nice touch tying in the edge of the splitter with blue lugs also :2thumb:

Love it man! I haven't seen the Maier flares on too many mustangs other than the pics on Maier's site. Definitely love the look, and the new rollers kick ass. Nice touch tying in the edge of the splitter with blue lugs also :2thumb:

you won't see the maier flares looking like this either lol. I got it to fit WAY better than the car they put theirs on. Not to mention I sliced these up like crazy to look better. thanks man, figured you'd appreciate the blue lug nut look, since you're all about the details!

the wheels look great, what spring rate are you using on the front ? looks like you could go up a few lbs and maybe a little more rear bar ????

since we're on a softer compound we definitely need to raise the rates. but in doing so it will unsettle the car on the racing surface we run at (really bumpy and uneven). No more rear sway bar is needed, we already have the biggest we can run.

i am confused who is this we you speak of ? do you have a mouse in your pocket?

I like to talk about myself in a first person plural way. Because the time frame that I crank out projects I might as well be two people lmao

I am slightly curious. Does having the cut out in the headlight actually do anything for you? Have you noticed a difference? 

Just reminds me of something a supra or civic would do and have never really seen a road racing(or auto-x in your case) car do this. To me the speeds would not be high enough to really make that much of a difference.

Also what is the deal with the foglights? It looks like daytime...

Just curious overall here. New rims look good though. And good job with the fender flares.

I like to talk about myself in a first person plural way. Because the time frame that I crank out projects I might as well be two people lmao

here I thought you had a split personality syndrome or something.  I was starting to worry seeing all those instagram posts

I am slightly curious. Does having the cut out in the headlight actually do anything for you? Have you noticed a difference? Just reminds me of something a supra or civic would do and have never really seen a road racing(or auto-x in your case) car do this. To me the speeds would not be high enough to really make that much of a difference.Also what is the deal with the foglights? It looks like daytime...Just curious overall here. New rims look good though. And good job with the fender flares.
AIT's are actually one of the things I monitored at the event now that I have a new obd-ii gauge from my sponsor. The air intake makes a huge difference on course even at lower speeds. on grid my AIT's were around 150 degrees. As soon as I got on course they dropped down to 60 degrees. if you know anything about colder air, it's more dense, this creating more power. big enough difference for me to leave it. foglights are on to showcase the hids from my sponsor hidmasters. everything I do has a rhyme and a reason...
here I thought you had a split personality syndrome or something. I was starting to worry seeing all those instagram posts
We appreciate your concern.-Brett and BertLOL

AIT's are actually one of the things I monitored at the event now that I have a new obd-ii gauge from my sponsor. The air intake makes a huge difference on course even at lower speeds. on grid my AIT's were around 150 degrees. As soon as I got on course they dropped down to 60 degrees. if you know anything about colder air, it's more dense, this creating more power. big enough difference for me to leave it. foglights are on to showcase the hids from my sponsor hidmasters. everything I do has a rhyme and a reason...

We appreciate your concern. -Brett and Bert LOL

What kind of speeds are you hitting there on that course? And was it below 60 degree that day? Have you seen what the difference is with sitting in grid/on course with having the headlight not cut out? 

What kind of speeds are you hitting there on that course? And was it below 60 degree that day? Have you seen what the difference is with sitting in grid/on course with having the headlight not cut out?

this course I hit the rev limiter in 2nd (8000rpm) so that's about 80mph +/- a couple mph. it was about a 75 degree day. and no I have not.

Once the weather warms up come spring. I will make multiple trips to work and test this.. One day with my headlight, one without. Cruising at 80 down the highway. I am just curious if it would run 90 degrees cooler on my car as well

do you have the intake tube fabbed up to have the filter right behind the light? Or is it in the fender well? 

Once the weather warms up come spring. I will make multiple trips to work and test this.. One day with my headlight, one without. Cruising at 80 down the highway. I am just curious if it would run 90 degrees cooler on my car as well

do you have the intake tube fabbed up to have the filter right behind the light? Or is it in the fender well?

it's right behind the cutout. This setup is really not as uncommon as you think. A lot of drag racers have been doing this or removing the headlight completely for the same reasoning. Hell I bought the cut out headlight from @F8L GT. Not to mention a lot of cars such as miatas or 240sx's either add vents to there flip up headlights or run with there headlights up to help promote air flow and cooling under the hood.

this course I hit the rev limiter in 2nd (8000rpm) so that's about 80mph +/- a couple mph. it was about a 75 degree day. and no I have not.

Wait, you said in your earlier post that you got down to 60. How could you have gotten your incoming air less than ambient temperature?

Wait, you said in your earlier post that you got down to 60. How could you have gotten your incoming air less than ambient temperature?

You're asking me the wrong question, I'm no scientist, I'm going off of what my gauge was telling me the split second I look down from the course to look at it. Possible that it was a random jump down to 60 when I happened to look at it. Regardless, I'm not making a scientific claim that it drops the temps to a certain degree. All I'm saying is having the headlight cutout is a good way to get clean and cooler air than what you would normally get from a heat filled enginebay or shrouded fender well which would block air from reaching it directly.

This things unreal and like Brett said the custom headlight makes a big difference it's big in the race car game ... Track nights almost all the new edge guys pull there headlights because there the easiest ones ever to remove , I've seen fox guys do it as well as sn95 guys but most common is the new edge to see .