Tony

anyone running strange 10 way shocks and struts?

i was considering getting these simply because jegs has them in stock but wondered if they are decent. i need something for lowered cars that can ride soft. not too concerned about handling for tracks and shit but a smoother ride. think these will do the trick?

I rock them. I deal with a bunch of crap so idk. @Drake rode in my car before the winter. How was the ride with them?

do you have a lot of bouncing and jarring? like the same as if you just used your stock shocks/struts?

yessir!! i wonderif just running simple replacement shocks and struts for a fox will do the trick..

No go with the strange you wont regret it. Throwing in some stock replacements will lead you to a chiropractor

No go with the strange you wont regret it. Throwing in some stock replacements will lead you to a chiropractor

ok so they're pretty good then? that's what i'll do then thanks opal

I don't know if this has been fixed since, but years ago I had a set and they were really noisy.  After some detective work with a caliper I came to discover that the OD of the strut shaft was just ever-so smaller than the ID of the bearing in my Maximum Motorsports caster-camber plates causing them to rattle like a S.O.B. over even the smallest bumps and cracks in the road.  It was the struts that were out of spec, too, not the C/C plates.  I've had several other brands of struts since and none have caused the same symptoms.  I believe there was a thread about this issue over on the Corral several years ago.  As far as I can recall, people were trying to wrap the strut shafts with tape to take up the gap and eliminate the noise and experienced varying degrees of success.  Just something to be aware of.

Sorry I can't help you by commenting on the ride quality, though.  I honestly have no memory of it being good or bad.

I don't know if this has been fixed since, but years ago I had a set and they were really noisy. After some detective work with a caliper I came to discover that the OD of the strut shaft was just ever-so smaller than the ID of the bearing in my Maximum Motorsports caster-camber plates causing them to rattle like a S.O.B. over even the smallest bumps and cracks in the road. It was the struts that were out of spec, too, not the C/C plates. I've had several other brands of struts since and none have caused the same symptoms. I believe there was a thread about this issue over on the Corral several years ago. As far as I can recall, people were trying to wrap the strut shafts with tape to take up the gap and eliminate the noise and experienced varying degrees of success. Just something to be aware of.

Sorry I can't help you by commenting on the ride quality, though. I honestly have no memory of it being good or bad.

I actually believe that may still be the case. The solid bearing in the mm c/c plate amplifies the noise. I have the TeamZ c/c plates which are cut to strsnges shafts so everything is super tight over here!

I ran Tokico D-Specs front and rear in my car before the IRS swap, still have the fronts in place with MM coilovers. They offer a good amount of adjustability ride-wise. Not the cheapest thing in the world but not too bad. I got them through JDSPerformance on corral, he had the best price I could find anywhere.

I guy i know ran those for a short time, the part that went through the camber plate was too small so you'd always hear it making noise.  i could not deal with that.

oops didn't read, +1 to what Tabres said.

so how low can one get in the rear with a coil over that mounts in the rear shock location? any idea anyone? i know once ya cut enough coils to really get ya down there the springs just fall right on out lol. so true coil overs would help this but will they get you slammed?

so how low can one get in the rear with a coil over that mounts in the rear shock location? any idea anyone? i know once ya cut enough coils to really get ya down there the springs just fall right on out lol. so true coil overs would help this but will they get you slammed?

what happened to the bags now? Just to shed some light on the coil overs, you can pretty much drop the rear on the frame if you wanted to. Your best bet is to mock up  your ride height to where you want it then measure the mounting points for the rear coil over from center to center. That would be your shocks ride height. Purchase the correct length shock  and coil and your straight. lol

for shits and giggles heres qa1 chart. Even ridetech would have a coil over that would suit you. After you make your measurement get on the phone with whom ever your looking to buy coils from and see what they have to offer to fit the bill.

Part Number Name Mounting Recommended Ride Height Spring Length Compressed Height Extended Height Price Qty DD301 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 9 1/2 - 10 7 8.625 11.125
$284.95
DD302 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 9 1/2 - 10 7 8.625 11.125
$284.95
DD303 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 10 3/4 - 11 1/4 7 / 9 9.5 12.625
$284.95
DD304 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 10 3/4 - 11 1/4 7 / 9 9.5 12.625
$284.95
DD401 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 11 1/2 - 12 1/2 9 / 10 10.125 14
$284.95
DD402 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 11 1/2 - 12 1/2 9 / 10 10.125 14
$284.95
DD403 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 12 1/2 - 13 1/4 10 11.125 15
$284.95
DD404 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 12 1/2 - 13 1/4 10 11.125 15
$284.95
DD501 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 13 1/4 - 14 1/2 12 11.625 17
$284.95
DD502 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 13 1/4 - 14 1/2 12 11.625 17
$284.95
DD601 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 15 1/4 - 15 3/4 14 12.5 18.75
$284.95
DD602 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 15 1/4 - 15 3/4 14 12.5 18.75
$284.95
DD701 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 16 - 16 3/4 14 13 19.5
$299.95
DD702 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 16 - 16 3/4 14 13 19.5
$299.95
DD901 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 18 1/2 - 19 1/2 14 15 23.75
$299.95
DD902 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 18 1/2 - 19 1/2 14 15 23.75
$299.95

Ridetech has some pimp coilovers...  Fox mono tube sexiness. Same as they use in the shockwaves but threaded for coilover use. They even have super baller triple adjustable with external reservoirs...mmmmmmm

Did you guys really edit my post because it was a link to Sn95 forums? What are we 5?

That thread had all the info/tech to Tonys previous question.

Can you not have sticks up your ass for maybe 5 seconds?

I'll just copy and paste the info so ya'll don't get butthurt again
The shock will be bottomed out with anything less than a 10 inch spring. My 10-125 springs bottomed out and hit the top mounts when I had the coilovers maxed out before putting drop brackets on.

-slow90coupe

I would say 7" or 8" is what you probably want, you'll just need to make sure the shock isn't bottomed out with that short of a spring.
- guy with autoX SN95

And this one is from iRoush

you don't need drop brackets. You need 8" springs and Kenny brown LCA relocation brackets. Keeps geometry correct and will give you the stance you're looking for.

basically for how low you want to go you're looking at going with a drop bracket of some sort. Without a drop bracket you will bottom out the shock. You could get shorter shocks like Opal said too. For how low I am a 7" or 8" spring would be the perfect length. 8" should be fine for you since you have more wheel and would require less drop. Bags would definitely be the easier option though and probably best for your type of build. 

what happened to the bags now? Just to shed some light on the coil overs, you can pretty much drop the rear on the frame if you wanted to. Your best bet is to mock up  your ride height to where you want it then measure the mounting points for the rear coil over from center to center. That would be your shocks ride height. Purchase the correct length shock  and coil and your straight. lol

for shits and giggles heres qa1 chart. Even ridetech would have a coil over that would suit you. After you make your measurement get on the phone with whom ever your looking to buy coils from and see what they have to offer to fit the bill.

Part Number Name Mounting Recommended Ride Height Spring Length Compressed Height Extended Height Price Qty DD301 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 9 1/2 - 10 7 8.625 11.125

$284.95

DD302 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 9 1/2 - 10 7 8.625 11.125

$284.95

DD303 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 10 3/4 - 11 1/4 7 / 9 9.5 12.625

$284.95

DD304 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 10 3/4 - 11 1/4 7 / 9 9.5 12.625

$284.95

DD401 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 11 1/2 - 12 1/2 9 / 10 10.125 14

$284.95

DD402 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 11 1/2 - 12 1/2 9 / 10 10.125 14

$284.95

DD403 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 12 1/2 - 13 1/4 10 11.125 15

$284.95

DD404 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 12 1/2 - 13 1/4 10 11.125 15

$284.95

DD501 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 13 1/4 - 14 1/2 12 11.625 17

$284.95

DD502 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 13 1/4 - 14 1/2 12 11.625 17

$284.95

DD601 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 15 1/4 - 15 3/4 14 12.5 18.75

$284.95

DD602 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 15 1/4 - 15 3/4 14 12.5 18.75

$284.95

DD701 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 16 - 16 3/4 14 13 19.5

$299.95

DD702 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 16 - 16 3/4 14 13 19.5

$299.95

DD901 Proma Star Double Adjustable Bearing 18 1/2 - 19 1/2 14 15 23.75

$299.95

DD902 Proma Star Double Adjustable Poly 18 1/2 - 19 1/2 14 15 23.75

$299.95

i really hope you didn't type all that out man lol. j/k thanks rich....i guess what i was trying to figure out before deciding for sure is if rear shock mount coilovers would get me pretty low or if it would only be a couple inches. figured that all out though after talking with @Ferocious ...but again thanks man.

Did you guys really edit my post because it was a link to Sn95 forums? What are we 5?

That thread had all the info/tech to Tonys previous question.

Can you not have sticks up your ass for maybe 5 seconds?

I'll just copy and paste the info so ya'll don't get butthurt again

And this one is from iRoush

basically for how low you want to go you're looking at going with a drop bracket of some sort. Without a drop bracket you will bottom out the shock. You could get shorter shocks like Opal said too. For how low I am a 7" or 8" spring would be the perfect length. 8" should be fine for you since you have more wheel and would require less drop. Bags would definitely be the easier option though and probably best for your type of build.

well did ya post the link to be a prick lol? i remember wildwilly posting something on sn95forums and the whole fn forum was up in arms lol. goes both ways with the sticks up in some ass.

but thanks though steven for all the info...really cleared a lot of confusion for me.

The only reason I posted the link is because your question of "how low can one get in the rear with a coil over that mounts in the rear shock location?" was the exact same question I had last month and I started a whole thread on the subject. I thought it would be helpful. Why there is still hostility between 2 mustang forums is beyond me. Even the jackasses on SVTP don't have beef with other forums lol 

The only reason I posted the link is because your question of "how low can one get in the rear with a coil over that mounts in the rear shock location?" was the exact same question I had last month and I started a whole thread on the subject. I thought it would be helpful. Why there is still hostility between 2 mustang forums is beyond me. Even the jackasses on SVTP don't have beef with other forums lol

There's actually a rule on SVTP about posting links to other forums. I know this because I pm'ed a moderator a while back about posting a link to a group buy there from another forum and was told no. They said it had to be through pm's and anything I posted on the forum had to be indirect and prompt people to pm me. Anyway, it doesn't matter because this most definitely isn't SVTP.

Anyway, the edit wasn't an effort to be childish. We have basically tried to just let things die between the sites because I honestly have zero patience for all the bullshit. There have been instances which I don't need to go into, Tony's example above is one, that have led to this. It is what it is, I'd personally LOVE to bury the god damn hatchet and move on because it honestly has never made one bit of sense but there seem to still be some who aren't interested in it. I don't give a flying fuck about drama bullshit and I DO NOT want any of this feud reigniting. I'm sorry that the edit came across as it did, the wording could have been better. Thank you for posting the info @Ferocious

If you want to talk about it any more please feel free to PM me, you know I'm far from an asshole. But please lets keep it out of this thread.

If you want to re-post the link feel free, it doesn't matter. Carry on.

have you considered adjustable lowers for the rear instead of coilovers? I feel like I could drop mine pretty low if I wanted.

This is definitely a good option. I used to run weight jacker LCA's when I had a straight axle and they were the next best thing to coilovers.

hmmmm.... no i haven't. i've not looked in to those. i really like the setup @Det_Riot has but it's tough for me to ever get my hands on a welder and even tougher to find a shop that doesn't want everything you have in your life to pay for labor lol.

i'm going to look real close in to those. maybe an adjustable lca paired with coil over drop bracket?? is that possible anyone? that way i could keep around a 10" coil to avoid the shock from bottoming out?

hmmmm.... no i haven't. i've not looked in to those. i really like the setup @Det_Riot has but it's tough for me to ever get my hands on a welder and even tougher to find a shop that doesn't want everything you have in your life to pay for labor lol.

i'm going to look real close in to those. maybe an adjustable lca paired with coil over drop bracket?? is that possible anyone? that way i could keep around a 10" coil to avoid the shock from bottoming out?

The other thing you have to remember about my set up is that I lost part of my spare hole in the trunk and had to fabricate up new mounting points for the gas tank.

At the point that you're rocking both of those, you might as well just get a stock location rear coil. In that set up the adjustable spring perch is your limiting factor and I recall reading that guys couldn't dump the car down the way they wanted with the spring perches

The other thing you have to remember about my set up is that I lost part of my spare hole in the trunk and had to fabricate up new mounting points for the gas tank.

At the point that you're rocking both of those, you might as well just get a stock location rear coil. In that set up the adjustable spring perch is your limiting factor and I recall reading that guys couldn't dump the car down the way they wanted with the spring perches

i'm not following you here man lol??? sorry if i sound idiotic.

never mind i see what you're saying. even with adjustable lca's the spring still won't let me get that low??

I got mine plenty low with SVE weight jackers. These pics were with uncut Eibach Pro Kits, and the adjustable perches weren't even close to their lowest setting. In fact, the way I had them adjusted at first was so low I drug my exhaust every time I hit the slightest dip or bump in the road so I had to raise it up to this stance lol. I think the shock drop brackets would be a good idea though. I definitely think I was at such a low point in the shock travel that they weren't doing their job the way they should.

AWXiy8.jpg

8xk3pL.jpg

And no, adjustable LCA's are designed for use with standard springs, not coilover springs.

basically my issue is how to keep a very short spring in place in the rear. ferocious said that he just put his rear springs back and ditched the rear shock mounted true coilovers. he is sitting as low as an air bag would set you lol.

would the sve weight jackers hold a really short spring in place you think?

basically my issue is how to keep a very short spring in place in the rear. ferocious said that he just put his rear springs back and ditched the rear shock mounted true coilovers. he is sitting as low as an air bag would set you lol.

would the sve weight jackers hold a really short spring in place you think?

The only way that the spring is going to become unset is if you were to hit a bump and your body extends from your axle enough that the spring literally unsets. I can't imagine you'd ever experience full droop of the rear axle in normal driving conditions

And thanks for clarification @95riosnake

^ I'm wondering the same, is it because you already cut the ones you have? The spring doesn't need to be short to get low, like I said the above pics I posted were with Pro Kit springs which aren't that low of a spring

I don't understand the question. Why do you need a super short spring with adjustable lowers?

^ I'm wondering the same, is it because you already cut the ones you have? The spring doesn't need to be short to get low, like I said the above pics I posted were with Pro Kit springs which aren't that low of a spring

yea i think none of us are understanding each other. looking at adjustable lower control arms to me they just don't seem to adjust that much...like an inch maybe? idk.

with this gt and my last gt i couldn't get the car to set low enough for my liking without having issues with the axle flexing on one side pulling into my driveway and the spring falls out of its perch.

so i'm trying to figure out how to get the rear down low enough without even having to fuck with a spring in a perch. then you guys suggest adjutable lca's...i looked those up and don't see how they will give me much drop.

The only way that the spring is going to become unset is if you were to hit a bump and your body extends from your axle enough that the spring literally unsets. I can't imagine you'd ever experience full droop of the rear axle in normal driving conditions

And thanks for clarification @95riosnake

so anytime i would drive into any kind of steep'ish entrance if i'm just static dropped...i always hit it at an angle....well when you do that..one wheel will go up into the wheel well while the other extends away from the car...that's when a short spring wants to fall out of its perch. am i really the only one who has had cut springs on a gt lol?

I think Dan showed you the answer. SVE adjustables that brought his car that low with prokit. Pro kit is only like a 1-1?5" drop. That rear is dropped easy 3-4 over stock

I think Dan showed you the answer. SVE adjustables that brought his car that low with prokit. Pro kit is only like a 1-1?5" drop. That rear is dropped easy 3-4 over stock

I cut my prokit to drop my rear and I never had an issue haha

idk maybe my brain is fucking cramped or some shit lol. i just don't see how adjustable rear control arms (wich all seem to say you can lower your car 1") paired with a taller spring will ever come close to getting my rear that low. what am i missing here :(

In that picture he was SRA, not IRS.

wtf? i had no clue he ever had a sra lol. oops...my bad dan

so with any old lowering spring and a set of J&m adjustable weight jacker i can seriously slam the rear of the car? just seems like that would raise the rear a tad higher than it is now lol. fuck all this i'll just bag the dam thing. thanks for all the info fellas though