sn95mills

My buddy wide body Bullitt.

Hell yea, I posted his car on IG last week, LOVE IT.

For those who don't know, those are 18x12 rears, and they were widened at the lip instead of inside the barrel like you usually see :2thumb:

And yep, he needs to join up on here now. ;)

@95opal I think the lip actually has a taper/bevel to it, not so much a split finish. Kinda like a less pronounced stepped lip. Here's a pic from his IG acct, you can see a change in the angle of the reflection on the lip, which makes me think it has a taper.

YwXXsS.jpg

@95opal I think the lip actually has a taper/bevel to it, not so much a split finish. Kinda like a less pronounced stepped lip. Here's a pic from his IG acct, you can see a change in the angle of the reflection on the lip, which makes me think it has a taper.

YwXXsS.jpg

I know Im old and my eyes aren't what they used to be , I  see a taper on the outer edge of the lip but I can distinctly see right were they widend the wheel the finish is completly different.

cool for over all for sure but I agree I am not sure if it was a different type of metal or they just didn't care to polish it out.  Maybe its just one of those things the camera is catching that our eye would not? 

I love a fender flare but not as much when its just so obvious as to what was done.  I know it had to be done like that on that car but it just doesn't look natural or correct to me.  I can't say someone didn't do a good job on the work as it looks nice and straight/smooth but it just sticks out too far for me.

• Moderators

I love a fender flare but not as much when its just so obvious as to what was done.  I know it had to be done like that on that car but it just doesn't look natural or correct to me.  I can't say someone didn't do a good job on the work as it looks nice and straight/smooth but it just sticks out too far for me.

I had the same initial thought, but try to imagine if he widens the front too.  That's what I choose to see. 

I had the same initial thought, but try to imagine if he widens the front too.  That's what I choose to see. 

Not sure how to do that and make it look natural but it might work.  Did he tub the trunk as well or did he just grow it out instead of in?  12 inch wheels is pretty nuts.

Not sure how to do that and make it look natural but it might work. Did he tub the trunk as well or did he just grow it out instead of in? 12 inch wheels is pretty nuts.

You can fit a 12" wheel into the tub of a new edge no problem. Guys do it in cobras all day long with 335/345s. I'm sure he went out with it because of the offset of the bullitts and the solid rear.

You can fit a 12" wheel into the tub of a new edge no problem. Guys do it in cobras all day long with 335/345s. I'm sure he went out with it because of the offset of the bullitts and the solid rear.

do cobra's have a bigger wheel wells then gt's and the 6'ers?  And are you saying that they do it and have no rubbing?

do cobra's have a bigger wheel wells then gt's and the 6'ers? And are you saying that they do it and have no rubbing?

No. The IRS gives them better offfsets and they can take advantage of the adjustable camber

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?686095-Pics-of-my-18x12-5-FR500-s-w-345-BFG-s-Time-Attack-Style!!!!

Is it me or does it look like it is more of a wider flare setup more than a "wide-body" setup? I can't really tell from the angles.

Its definitely more of a wide flare set up than a widebody

No. The IRS gives them better offfsets and they can take advantage of the adjustable camber

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?686095-Pics-of-my-18x12-5-FR500-s-w-345-BFG-s-Time-Attack-Style!!!!

It still has the same size wheel well and the frame rails are in the same spot. And the car in that thread has a solid. The MM control arm is a give away.

i think it looks incredible!! i mean sure if i look hard enough i could pick apart anyones car lol. but to me it's something different and was done right so i dig it. widening a set of bullitts at the lip is beasty. looks mean af

i still say it's sexy!! but then again i don't have any dumb ass comparisons or over the top out of reach expectations that need to be met in order for me to appreciate a badass looking bullitt! 

giphy.gif

Been watching this car on IG and I think it's awesome. Would love to see some wider flares in the front next.

+1 imagine swelling the front a bit and running 18x10.5 up front... mmmm sexy

I don't mind the Bullitts at all myself. Maybe he'll change the wheels in part of the car's rehabilitation process though. I don't have pics to post, but some drunk idiot smashed the front end all up. [emoji22]

uZudUR.jpg

oOoqdV.jpg

"Bullitt's gone :( Drunk driver hit me. God I can't believe this happened....all my hard work gone :( ...thankfully I walked away."

kFgpDq.jpg

Wv8LmX.jpg

^ He's a trooper for sure, gonna bring that car back from the dead!

uZudUR.jpg

oOoqdV.jpg

"Bullitt's gone :( Drunk driver hit me. God I can't believe this happened....all my hard work gone :( ...thankfully I walked away."

kFgpDq.jpg

Wv8LmX.jpg

^ He's a trooper for sure, gonna bring that car back from the dead!

I don't think that's getting resurrected the shock tower is toast which means more work than the car is even worth. Im sure the floor pan is also buckled. That thing is done not worth the time or effort to fix it.

I'd just buy a shell and swap everything over that I could personally, you could even drill out the spot welds and transfer the widened quarters to the new car, but to each his own. If he's determined I'm sure it could be brought back, whether it's more work than it's worth compared to swapping to a new shell is another story.

This sad turn of events reminds me of @Number Tew's car :(

damn that sucks! seems like when i see mustangs i recognize get into wrecks...they REALLY fn wreck!! like no fender bender type shit but full blown total all cars involved hardcore shit!