Steve-Oh

Broccoli Motorsports Presents: WJ Build... and Beyond!

looks perfect man. like they came that way from the factory. 

so whas next? wheels  :D ?

Thanks toe-knee! Yeah that seems like the next logical move. ;)

they really do look like factory @Steve-Oh.   Im impressed!

Thanks Wilhelm! B-)

I knew right when I installed them I'd have some leveling and adjusting to do.  The drivers side cutoff is slightly off level so I'm gonna pull them tonight and adjust them again and attempt to band-aid the "rattling" drivers side light... Yes, It's that annoying.

came out awesome Steve!  my vote for the next mod is either replace the fogs with clear lenses or restore the stockers.  they don't match the fancy new headlights now.

came out awesome Steve!  my vote for the next mod is either replace the fogs with clear lenses or restore the stockers.  they don't match the fancy new headlights now.

Yeah absolutely!!!  It's been bugging me since I put the lights in.  Will try restoring them but will most likely end up buying new.

Pull it into the garage last night @Prokiller to try and restore the fogs and they are completely trashed.  The glue that holds the lens on turned yellow so they will forever have a yellow ring around them.  Also tried wet sanding and polishing them with marginal results, time for the garbage.  Was also able to temporarily mend the drivers headlight panel that was broken causing the light to rattle, super annoying when the lights have a sharp cutoff.  It was my best Frankenstein job but it worked.  Also was able to hook up the halos and adjust the one beam to level, it was tilted to one side (also very annoying)... and yes I really like halos lol.  Kindof regret not getting amber ones though and using it like a turn signal, oh well.

16287198492_6e10e1c67a_b.jpg

16262123866_52e7ed04ab_b.jpg

I don't usually like a full halo on projectors, but I like that one because it's broken up... reminds me of Iron Man lol, very cool.

Actually, to quote the TRS guy I dealt with "The LED ring behind the shroud, for the Iron Man look, is very cool and looks great! (I even have that in my own jeep yj)."  so exactly correct lol! 

@Psychorugby Completely agree.  If they weren't broken up behind the shroud I probably wouldn't of done it.   

i didnt want to look back through, what HID kit do you have?

That is the full size gattling gun shroud correct?

Morimoto Mini D2S 3.0 Projectors: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/projectors/morimoto-mini-d2s-3-0-projectors.html#.VLhTHHvXsVA

Morimoto 3five ballasts with 4300k bulbs.

Apollo 3.0 shrouds: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/shrouds/apollo-3-projector-shrouds.html#.VLhWsnvXsVA

:2thumb:

Need to get a good cutoff pic but the mobile phone pictures haven't been turning out very good.  Need a DSLR.

• Moderators

shit @Steve-Oh, im looking into retro-fits now for the mustang....

Gonna need to do it for the truck if I ever get one.  I've gotten way to used to having them since I've  been driving a BMW for 5 years.

shit @Steve-Oh, im looking into retro-fits now for the mustang....

I have shitty projector headlights with HID's in the Mustang and they're leaps and bounds over stock.  Couldn't imagine what it would be like if I used quality projectors and components, would be daylight all the time!

Headlights came out awesome man.  I, too, am guilty of getting a shopping cart full of retrofit parts together, then closing it out on more than one occasion.  The housings on my truck are starting to get cloudy and I'd like some black housings.  I need to just break down and do it someday.  Bringing it a little closer to Earth first though and I'm embarrassed to say, it is a peg leg, lol.  I need to be able to properly roast the weenies. 

So what's next for the WJ?

You guys really won't regret the purchase! If you ever have questions or wanna place an order deal with Nate (nate@theretrofitsource.com, he's the one who helped me and was awesome to deal with!

That's a lot @SublimeRT! As of right now I've been keeping an eye on some 20" replica srt8 wheels but have been holding back because at the end of the day, I have a mustang that desperately needs wheels and to be finished. That alone has kept me from hitting the "submit" button lol. Other than that I have some ugly wood grain interior trim pieces I want to buy new in plastic and have wrapped in some fiber. Also need to steering wheel re-wrapped and want to source some oem floor mats.

That sounds like it will be pretty cool. So you're going in more of a SRT8 direction with it rather than the lifted/off-road direction. I'd probably do the same. I've never seen a WJ done up like that. It'll be sweet though. You know, I've seen adapter plates for the 4.7 to allow a 03-04 Cobra Eaton to bolt up to it....... Haha, I'm just stirring up shit. It would be wise to get the Mustang back on the road before tearing the DD apart.

That sounds like it will be pretty cool. So you're going in more of a SRT8 direction with it rather than the lifted/off-road direction. I'd probably do the same. I've never seen a WJ done up like that. It'll be sweet though. You know, I've seen adapter plates for the 4.7 to allow a 03-04 Cobra Eaton to bolt up to it....... Haha, I'm just stirring up shit. It would be wise to get the Mustang back on the road before tearing the DD apart.

Def going for a street look rather than an off road look.  Been there, done that with off road Jeeps.  Need something nice to drive around in everyday.  They actually look pretty slick with those wheels on it but am finding out they look much better with the Overland side skirts as opposed to not having them on:

No skirts

SANY0002.jpg

Overland skirts

39981d1258089710-anyone-owned-4-7l-jeep-

It's hard to tell from the pics but I wanna say the 2nd picture is dropped slightly but I can't know for sure. 

+2 on the 2nd pic having a drop.  i think another 1/2-1" would really make it look nice though.  You need those side skirts too! they finish off the bottom of the doors imo.

I dig the look a lot and agree the skirts and side exhaust look really good on it, though if the skirts were smoothed and painted to match I think that might look even better.  I'm with @Blackmage too, just a little more drop and it'll really set it off.

Have I expressed before my hatred for winter?!  Just in case, I FUC@K&NG HATE WINTER!!!!

Anyways, went to refill my washer fluid the other morning before work.  After propping my hood up with the standard duty jack handle, since the struts are blown, I topped off the fluid and for whatever reason decided to look around the engine bay at how disgusting it was.  Luckily I did because I found the belt was split in half. 

16389514489_105da2910c_c.jpg

A trip to the local Chrysler dealer parts counter, $27.43 and a chilly driveway mod session later it's like magic, all fixed.

15955603403_d230d1002d_c.jpg

Good stuff. Do yourself a favor and pick up one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-44870-Gold-Support-Clamp/dp/B0002SRCYM

Used it all the time at the dealer. For whatever reason Chrysler hood struts are straight garbage. I keep mine in my truck these days.

Not bad for an oem belt!

Sent from my iPhablet

I got a discount  :ph34r:

Good stuff. Do yourself a favor and pick up one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-44870-Gold-Support-Clamp/dp/B0002SRCYM

Used it all the time at the dealer. For whatever reason Chrysler hood struts are straight garbage. I keep mine in my truck these days.

I actually just ordered new struts today but definitely getting one of those.  Looks like it would come in handy numerous times over!  Thanks!

Out with the old rears, in with the new.  Of course the PO over torques the rear lower mount bolts on both sides.  The nut is welded to the shock mount so it bent the "U" shaped mount and seized the bolt threads in the nut.  Was so happy I bought that torch the other week. Heated those bastards up and came out with many a choice words.  

17166165323_054ac5c378_c.jpg

17786475045_b5f3e9fa9c_c.jpg

17786968551_06510272f0_c.jpg

This helped yo udrop at least like 4 seconds off your 1/4 mile time right?

Totally, helps with weight transfer to the rear tires. No more spinning off the line

Pulled an all-nighter last night to get most of this done.  What a pain in the ass, dash literally weighs about 70-80lbs.  Definitely wasn't full pulling that myself at 12:30am this morning.

22218185462_9c583ce6f8_b.jpg

22042925440_7c94f56392_b.jpg

I would say it was shot.  View inside the HVAC box

21608236484_0872b8f8d2_b.jpg

Since in these the Heater core and Evap core are in the same spot, was not taking the chance of that going later down the road so I replaced that while I was in there.  Yes, I was nice to mother earth and had the refrigerant evac'd Wednesday. 

22043235728_cd971ffa32_b.jpg

Good stuff man. Save a lotta money doing that job yourself. Good call on doing both the evap and heather core at the same time. And also having the refrigerant evacuated.

Yeah was not doing this again however after doing it once I feel like I could blow through it in half the time next time.  Especially if I had an extra pair of hands for the dash handling.  But yes, need to save Mother Earth, can't send that shit in the air!

Please, he's just saving that freon for a lil huffing action later!!! Lol

;-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Well I figured it wasn't long before people realized I have a problem  ;)

Finally got to fix the sunroof drain tubes.  Not very interesting but basically they were a blue convoluted tubing and over time they got brittle and broken.  This cause all sorts of issues electrically when the water leaked on the fuse box.  Long story short, new starter and 5 days of headaches.  The drain tubes themselves were not too bad to replace but it was a pain to route the tubing as I forgot the note the original routing before removing :huh:

Anyways, here's a couple non-interesting pictures:

36005675825_31dcb550d5_b.jpg

35835023682_b694832b03_b.jpg

36005675945_429e91356f_b.jpg

36005675975_b4f08c54e5_b.jpg

35964126706_86a421697e_b.jpg

So no more wet floor and no more electrical issues! 

On to the good stuff.  Here is my parting gifts to myself from my old job:

20x9 SRT-8 Gen-1 Replica Wheels

35614267704_cd9ba229be_b.jpg

Also got a new rear sway-bar.  As you can tell from the pictures the original is quite a waste.  

36281088752_72085ddb8f_b.jpg

36403756306_df33d5d165_b.jpg

36449373015_b9787fbb24_b.jpg

36403756416_e38472140c_b.jpg

• Like 1

i had to replace a sunroof tube on my old 1988 acura legend...was lovely discovery the first time it leaked in.  a good solid puddle and a soaking wet seat... so i feel your pain on that one.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2017 at 5:18 PM, Prokiller said:

i had to replace a sunroof tube on my old 1988 acura legend...was lovely discovery the first time it leaked in.  a good solid puddle and a soaking wet seat... so i feel your pain on that one.

I first found it in the middle of winter.  I'm like why is the carpet frozen?  Dumb thing to have to replace but a nessecary one.  

i cant believe no one has come up with a better design for sunroof drains.  happens in the audis all the time too, flls up the foot wells and destroys the trans computers lol  

5 hours ago, Blackmage said:

i cant believe no one has come up with a better design for sunroof drains.  happens in the audis all the time too, flls up the foot wells and destroys the trans computers lol  

Who knows man. It's a pretty simple concept but I think I know why the tubing they used gets brittle.  It gets so hot in the a-pillars so maybe it's due to prolonged heat exposure.  But you can solve that with insulation.  Just cheap on their part I think.