95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

I've been pondering over that console pod deal for a good year now, I just don't have the skills to make one lol. Figured it's a better use of space than the stupid ash tray.

My thoughts exactly. I think I opened that thing a couple times since I bought the car back in 03 lol

"You owe me a 10 second car."?????

Haha the funny thing is back when F&F came out, a 10 second car was ungodly fast, now it's almost commonplace. Kinda sad really, I miss the old days when a 12 second car was a rocket ship.

Sub'd in on this one. Massively impressive build thus far - seriously mind blowing. Are you making it to the Ford Nationals this weekend?

Thanks I appreciate the kind words! Normally I'd be hitting up Carlisle but I'm sitting that show out this year and focusing my efforts on getting to Mustang Week. I've been at Carlisle the past 7 or so years in a row, I figured it was time to try out Mustang Week this time.

I really like the cup holder gauge pod. Cant wait to see it with the carbon fiber finish. Nice work, as always.

Thanks, and me either! I love CF, it's like gloss black but with an injection of awesome.

Ahhhhh I can't wait to see your car in person at mustang week!!!!!!!!!!!

Doing my best to get it there! Btw I saw your post about the business card design, but forgot to post. I'll try to whip something up for you tomorrow or Thursday. Send me a pic of your car that you'd like me to work with for it :thumb: (high resolution is best)

I just read this whole thread and my god dude, amazing attention to detail man! I love this car! There are so many parts of this car i want to apply to my car! i love that rear sub enclosure, the IRS, the exhaust, the svo side skirts and pipes, so many other things man! love the car keep the work up! and ill be dropping of my car for you to do the same thing lol just messing!.

I just read this whole thread and my god dude, amazing attention to detail man! I love this car! There are so many parts of this car i want to apply to my car! i love that rear sub enclosure, the IRS, the exhaust, the svo side skirts and pipes, so many other things man! love the car keep the work up! and ill be dropping of my car for you to do the same thing lol just messing!.

Thanks I'm glad you like it!

I'll let you know once I finish building psychorugby's car above when I can do yours, lol jk. A couple friends have said "man, maybe someday you could open up a shop!" nah, lol... each car would take a decade to finish, I don't think it would be a very lucrative business venture for me haha.

• Moderators
Thanks I'm glad you like it!

I'll let you know once I finish building psychorugby's car above when I can do yours, lol jk. A couple friends have said "man, maybe someday you could open up a shop!" nah, lol... each car would take a decade to finish, I don't think it would be a very lucrative business venture for me haha.

Funny. My friend and I often talk about opening our shop. We quickly come to the realization that (a) we're slow and (b) all we do is bolt stuff on, not fab stuff up like you do. I wish I had your fab skills and imagination, which is why I want your input on my car haha.

Small update, as I'm headed to Florida for a week as we speak (mustang week is my vacation, but my wife is not coming so Florida is our vacation together), I managed to get a little accomplished before leaving though.

I needed to mount the switch for the cutouts somewhere, so I looked around and saw the coin holder I have yet to ever put a coin in lol. Popped it out and got to work.

imagecgsr.jpg

Measured the top of the coin holder and laser cut a top plate from styrene

imagesbu.jpg

imagealp.jpg

imageekjo.jpg

Cut out the interior of the coin holder

imagejaud.jpg

Epoxied the plate on top

imageqszo.jpg

Test fit the switch and decided the plate needed to taper down to the edge of the coin holder so it wouldn't look so bulky

imagejjqt.jpg

imagexayj.jpg

imageksoi.jpg

Smoothed it out and painted it satin black

imagetbms.jpg

All finished up, pretty happy with it. The satin black isn't very "satin", it's a little higher gloss than I was wanting but oh well.

imagehkd.jpg

Haha thanks, I know it's not an epic update but I wanted to show a little progress. Little details like the mounting of the switch are sometimes my favorite part of a build :thumb:

it looks okay the way you smoothed down the edges, but the switch still looks out of place to me. i think i would have tried installing a convertible top switch in there instead. Could have removed the light from it and painted it and put whatever decal on there you wanted.

This switch came with the cut outs and the wiring for the cut outs has a 5 pin connector that the switch accepts. I'm not sure that a convertible top switch would work, and not sure what other momentary rocker switch would be compatible so I just stuck with what they provided.

This switch came with the cut outs and the wiring for the cut outs has a 5 pin connector that the switch accepts. I'm not sure that a convertible top switch would work, and not sure what other momentary rocker switch would be compatible so I just stuck with what they provided.

Unfortunately, I gotta say I agree with Ryan on this one. The switch does loot a bit out of place. Maybe make a custom coin holder delete plate with some sort of logo, then backlight it? And move the momentary switch to the inside of the console bin. Or underneath the drivers seat and mount it to the seat frame? Just throwing ideas out there, normally there is never a flaw in any project you do, I really do mean that, but that switch just looks like an afterthought.:confusion:

I'm gonna paint the trim around the fog light switch with the same paint so it'll have a slightly glossy look to it, should help tie it in some.

Wasn't going for a factory look, rather just a clean install of the aftermarket switch, so it stays. Not everybody is going to love everything I do I suppose, but it's all good lol :cool:

Have you seen the switch in my center console? Similar deal, but I didn't add a plate it, I just cleared out the coin holder until the switch snapped into place on its own. On a side note, I'm PMing you. Come visit me in Florida haha

That car is just... wow. If there was one SN95 out there that I would choose to represent us, that would be it. Sorry Dan! lol

• Moderators
That car is just... wow. If there was one SN95 out there that I would choose to represent us, that would be it. Sorry Dan! lol

Screw that. Dan's Rio Red beauty is still way nicer!

That car is pretty damn nice, he definitely takes the OCD thing seriously!

It's not all my taste, like the rear seat delete, I like things a bit more understated but the craftsmanship is top notch.

Don't worry though, my OCD game is doing well. I have a few things up my sleeve that only a couple people know about ;)

Screw that. Dan's Rio Red beauty is still way nicer!
Looks wise yes Dan's car hands down, but as far as craftsmanship and cleanliness of installs being done these two are on the same level. I didn't see one dirty spot on anything he was working on and Dan's car I am almost certain I could eat off..... ANYWHERE.

• Moderators
Looks wise yes Dan's car hands down, but as far as craftsmanship and cleanliness of installs being done these two are on the same level. I didn't see one dirty spot on anything he was working on and Dan's car I am almost certain I could eat off..... ANYWHERE.

I won't have any of the custom stuff just because I don't possess that level of talent, but I aim to have my car where I can eat off of it like Dan's and this car.

i think the big difference though is that guys car is clean and meticulous but it's for the most part all off the shelf parts. not very much custom stuff like Dan does.

Both cars are top notch and it's nice to have such meticulous owners represent the SN95s the way you guys do. I think it really helps keep the body style desirable when people see these cars being built to such a high level. Cheers to everyone that takes pride in restoring their cars, especially SN95s, back to showroom condition or better. Without seeing people going full OCD on their cars, it would make the hobby less challenging and less fun.

Yes Tom, once things calm down a bit for you, your build would be an awesome addition to the site.

Not sure if anyone has seen the most recent pics of his engine bay, but holy shit.

Yes Tom, once things calm down a bit for you, your build would be an awesome addition to the site.

Not sure if anyone has seen the most recent pics of his engine bay, but holy shit.

my facebook post read something like...

On the 8th day god said let there be perfection..and so this car was built. lol