Venom351R

Playstation 4

First off good sir you need to join the clan so that when you reach epic levels, (I don't believe this will take YOU that long) we can start raiding.  

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/306428   make sure after you join the group you also make it your clan, this will help for certain trophies. 

1. Bounties, do them all everyday if you can (6 of them) this is crucial to your rep that you'll need for armor later. 

2. Engrams, decode them whenever you get them, once again the more you do the better your rank with that vendor becomes.

3. If you don't need it Dismantle it, you'll get glimmer (money) and the necessary items you need to upgrade your good gear as time goes on.

4. Search Loot Cave on YouTube to find the location of a loot bug that you can literally spend hours at farming gear and leveling up your character and gear as you get it.

Right now Fire Teams are only 3 people but there is enough talk on the forums about raising that we hope to see this change in the future.  It only needs to be larger when farming and running Explore missions (another good source of Vanguard rep)  3 mans are good for Strike missions but we really would like larger group so that you can do more as a clan.  Raiding is a 6 man OP but you need to be at least 26 to get in and from everything I read it's no walk in the park. I believe it's estimated between 11-16 hours to complete the first raid. 

Server Reset is every Tuesday which means today everything reset, new Weekly Strikes, Raid save has reset, Vanguard Mark collection has reset and a few other things are effected by this every Tuesday.  

I think that is about it off the top of my head.  I kid you not, I have AC pre ordered and a few other games but it's going to be hard for me to get pulled off this game as me, my brother and another guy I play with from a ST site have been doing what we can to get the clan ready for this and none of us are even close to being bored with this game lol.  

Have fun with it and if you have questions let me know I will do my best to answer them.

Yeah I played a little more after that post. I was going to play tonight but I got held over at work late so I dont have time to play tonight, hanging out at the neighbors for a little while after I get home tomorrow ( hes also getting a PS4 next week he already has Destiny lol) But I'll have some time to play tomorrow night and this weekend. I want to get a few more of the bounties done for the Crucible before moving on w/ the story. I'm also going to sign up on the site you linked me to

What are these "drops" I keep hearing about? Have I just not come across any yet? I just unlocked Venus but I have not been there yet. I joined up on the clan so I am all set there. I'm at lvl 12 now, I want to finish off some stuff on the Moon then move over to venus. There are a few more quick bounties I want to finish up on the Crucible tonight and then I'll do what I have left on the moon. 

Also on the Raids I want to complete the trophy ones for completing a raid on Hard and one w/ no one on your team dying. I take it that for that one we can take one of the early raids once we have leveled up then go back and mop them up. I'll get some good leveling up done over the next 3 days starting tonight.

Also how effective is farming still on  old russia? I heard its a waste of time and Ive also heard its still a good way to get some nice gear

Drops are just loot that falls from the mobs.  I farmed last night in Russia and my Blue Engram gave me a Legendary Helmet, go figure, all my purples have been giving me blues, this time my blue gives me a purple.  Do Bounties every day till you can't do anymore so that when you hit 20 you trigger the Exotic Bounty for a random weapon choice.  Going to take time to do it but you get good exotic weapon from whatever one you select.  My first one triggered last night and I now am working on a getting a Exotic Fusion Rifle.

Raiding is going to take a bit but when we are ready we will be trying for all the trophies but that no dying part is going to be very hard lol.  I'll look into the members list to make sure we have everyone in the group is also in the clan. 

I'm getting so out gunned in crucible match's that I get no rewards at the end of it, everyone else is such a higher level them me Im always getting killed with one shot kills and my armor is no where as strong as the majority of the people playing.

After playing for awhile I started doing better, I found out that doing the melee attack is quite effective

I'm getting quite a bit of green armor now mostly stuff I dont need b/c I have armor past the defense level that it is at. What do I do with any colored gear or weapons? When I dismantle this stuff I take it that it gives me what I need for better items later on? I just dont want to get rid if items that I need for a purpose other then dismantling. Still trying to wrap my head around the world of Destiny and how it works.

I'm getting quite a bit of green armor now mostly stuff I dont need b/c I have armor past the defense level that it is at. What do I do with any colored gear or weapons? When I dismantle this stuff I take it that it gives me what I need for better items later on? I just dont want to get rid if items that I need for a purpose other then dismantling. Still trying to wrap my head around the world of Destiny and how it works.

Curcible shuts off levels disadvantage.  Everyone is balanced in there, the Iron Banner event that is getting ready to happen, is bring what you got.  As far as your drops that you don't need, dismantle everything.  You will get glimmer and get things you will need to level up your better armor in the future.

made it to lvl 20 last night. What do you have to do exactly from here on out to level up more, seems as though my level bar has been stuck in the same spot regardless of if I do the crucible or story line

EDIT: I did a few vanguard missions and it went up after that. Also im getting a lot of blue gear now and as the same as the green any with a lower defense rating just dismantle it for better upgrades?

ok so I figured out what I'm going to do after a lot of reading. I'm going to grind in the crucible in order to get more Crucible marks and rep b/c I will need those to purchase better gear anyway and I'm banking on getting better gear just by doing the match's which so far has been ok. Next week they are doing a patch as far as the rewards you get

After level 20 your get needs to have Light to up your level, you can get gear multiple ways you just need to pay attention to has the gear you want with the stats you want on them. I didn't want to do any PVP but my exotic bounty is forcing me to soon so I stepped into a match the other day to see what I was in for....... It's going to take awhile to get that 10k points I need ugh.

I did get the trophy last night for the max amount of Crucible points in a week, I really hammered the online over the weekend. I got the armor thing figured out and I'll be glad when the patch comes out so that when you get a legendary item and decript it that it is the level of legendary or higher. Im sick of getting blue crap when I decode a purple engram. Also this was leaked and is great news!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/29/destiny-bug-leaks-a-ton-of-potential-future-content

Have you read any of the story theories about Destiny? Some have been quite interesting and do make sense actually. I think I'm going to end up buying the DLC package for this game. 

I started flirting with PVP but that is just to start getting marks.  I max out Vanguard every where.  I made a Titan on Sunday and he was 12 by the time I got off.  I haven't read the stories yet because the one article I saw this morning when I was getting ready said that it had spoilers and I don't want to ruin anything because I truly enjoy the game. 

Glad to see you got it all figured out and you are enjoying it. I haven't played anything since launch and don't see me doing soon anytime soon.

The grind does suck, hoping to unlock better gear can be frustrating but its a fun game to play. Once you beat the story you should look up some of the theories about the story, some of them make a lot of sense and the DLC would provide great plot filler gaps if that is what Bungie designed from the start. Hoping to get up another level or so on my days off now, I do have vacation next week so I'll be at lvl 26 by then. Thats whats holding me back b/c I cant do any raids yet and the queen missions are still to hard for me at lvl 22

Yeah vacation will help out big.  Get the rep up by the good gear and just start running strikes and farming and the light level will go up huge.  

Oh in other news I woke up to a Beta invite to The Crew.  Going to be hard to fit that in with my love for Destiny but I will get a day or two in somewhere lol.

Destiny Level - 24

Trophy Count - 996

I could find a few easy trophy's to scrape together ( especially if I had my PS3 back from a friend I loaned it to ) But Id really like to get that 1000th Trophy with Destiny, and something good like a raid

Sweet let me know how it is. The PSN edition of Drive Club is free on PSN next week on the 7th

I played a bit yesterday before getting on Destiny, not bad, story line seems like it will be pretty good and since I'm a Detroiter the story starting off in Detroit and actually naming things I know is pretty cool.  Of course the map is way off but it's a game so that is to be expected.  I have so much fun with Destiny that it's going to be hard to really evaluate this game but I'm going to do my best to try because it's on my list of games I would like.

I saw that, I will be downloading it just to have it.

Destiny Level - 24

Trophy Count - 996

I could find a few easy trophy's to scrape together ( especially if I had my PS3 back from a friend I loaned it to ) But Id really like to get that 1000th Trophy with Destiny, and something good like a raid

That won't be hard to do on Destiny.  I bet I have look at your list and find some easy ones for you to get. 

Ive looked over my list, I'm going to get Vanguard Level 3, The Maximum number of Vanguard points in a week,  Complete a strike consisting of only your clan members, and the final one for 1,000- To complete a Raid.

Trophy count is at 999!!! I could easily get one from the Watch Dogs DLC that I just down loaded yesterday but I'm still going to get it on Destiny. From the looks of things my best shot is to get it for fully upgrading a legendary weapon. I dont have to much left for my Hand Cannon. Was playing with a few guys last night we got the trophy for completing a strike consisting of only members of your fire team. We tried to tackle the weekly strike mission w/ the Arkon Priest at the end and even just on level Hard it was tough!!! We could not get through it. Just way to much stuff going on at the end and not enough room to move around on.

I'm stuck on level 24, no matter what I do I cannot get any better rated blue armor ( pretty sure I have the best you can get of that stuff ) and any time I get legendary armor its never for my class. My only option to get any legendary armor is to buy some from the crucible guys in the Tower. I'm 400  points short of reaching level 2 on them where you can by armor so I'll be doing crucible and crucible bounties.  

We did the Weekly 28 Strike last night, found a way to do the Priest that take patience and teamwork but we got it done so we are going to try the regular Weekly on level 28 because you get more stuff when you raise the level from 24 to 28.  You need to buy legendary gear.  If you are rank 2 with the Crucible or the Vanguard or any of the faction for that matter you can use your marks to purchase gear.  I just got my 3rd Exotic Bounty for a weapon which if I get it will give me four exotic weapons.  I have two exotic armor pieces (gloves and chest).  You need to figure out what stats mean more to you and then figure out what vendor has the gear with those stats and start working on their rep so that you can purchase  your gear and keep doing strikes and crucible for random drops.  I got my exotic chest piece from a legendary engram back when the system was broke so just imagine what you could get now with it fixed.

I did buy some legendary gear this morning. I had 186 crucible marks and I bought the Chest piece and a helmet. Left me just shy of lvl 25. Now I need to farm the upgrade material so I can upgrade them more. I'll need another 60 crucible marks to buy the leg armor.

I did buy some legendary gear this morning. I had 186 crucible marks and I bought the Chest piece and a helmet. Left me just shy of lvl 25. Now I need to farm the upgrade material so I can upgrade them more. I'll need another 60 crucible marks to buy the leg armor.

Word of advice figure out what mats you need to upgrade then how much you need to upgrade those pieces, collect it store it in your bank so that anything you may collect after that you can use to convert into marks if you run short on those.  Also Strike, Strike Strike, or Crucible but the Strike chance is better for possible Legendary drops as well as doing your bounties so that the more you do the better it triggering your chance of getting a Exotic weapon bounty (you'll do fine in those as the hardest part of those are the crucible requirements.) I am working on my third like I said.  

Glad to see you are really enjoying the game.  Told you I think you'd dig it.

The grinding does kind of suck and I think the loot system still needs some tweaking  but overall I do enjoy the game. It is repetative but that will change once the DLC drops. Thinking of buying the 2 DLC packs for the $34.00 price.  What do you mean by figure out what mats you need to upgrade and how is it that you are able to convert things into marks?

When you upgrade your Legendary or Exotic weapons, the last upgrades are usually 3 or 4 defense or attack upgrades and they require Ascendant Shards (Armor) or Ascendant Energy (Weapons) plus things like Spinmetal or Helium etc.  So you will have to look at your legendary/exotic items and figure out much you are going to need to upgrade that weapon/armor fully then collect those.  Once you have enough to cover those items anything you collect after that you can use for marks.  If you go to the Vanguard Quartermaster you can exchange materials for Vanguard marks or if you go to the Crucible QM you can do the same for those marks. 

ahhh ok I get it, I was unaware you could exchange material you collect for marks. Im just shy of rank 2 for the vanguard and once I get there I can buy my legendary gauntlets. I did decode a legendary engram from the mail guy in the tower today and it gave me a purple heavy weapon, so now all of my weapons are purple so all I have left to get is my boots and gauntlets and I'll be fully equipped with legendary gear / weapons.

I was also collecting a ton of helium on the moon last night, think I have 41 of those now. I'm going to farm spinmetal soon as well since I will need more of that soon

I'm fully loaded with legendary weapons and am 500 vanguard points short of reaching level 2. Once I'm there I'll have enough marks to buy my legendary boots, gauntlets and the mark that goes around your waist. Once I have everything changed to legendary I'll also get the trophy "Suited for War" Which is to be fully equipped with Legendary or Exotic gear. This one is acceptable for me to hit 1,000 trophys. There have been a few things Ive been holding back on doing in the game b/c I did not want to trigger my 1,000th trophy for a bronze. At least wanted something that was rare, hard to get, or something with a cool name and at least a Silver. Got the PS4 day 1 with 495 trophy's so it will be nice to see if I can eclipse the 505 I've earned this year  over the next year.

Didnt think it would ever happen but I finally hit my goal!!!! Ended up getting it for the Trophy The Life Exotic when I equipped my exotic helmet I bought from XUR this morn, I had to try it on of course haha,  I did get the Suited for War trophy soon after 

076AFE49-A44E-489A-88DF-080A3ED1A23F_zps

9EE2E227-4E10-40FA-B41D-66076FDD86AD_zps

Thanks. Guess hard work and trophy hunting pays off. I did pick up a new white DS4 yesterday. My modded orange one had been acting up. The paint that I did on it had held up well until I got destiny but I think holding the controller more aggressively during crucible match's made the paint start to come off where your palms make contact w/ the controller. That was not a big deal but my R1 button had been sticking since I got it and that was annoying. We have a local chain store here in Maine called Bull Mooose Music and they deal in music, movies, games new and used. They had the white one for $55 so I picked it up.

Still grinding away on Destiny. The group I'm in made a run at the VOG last week, made it to the first boss before calling it quits and never got to try again before the server reset on tues. People are leveled up more and with better weapons now as well so I hope we make another run this weekend. I have enough coins ( 29 ) and Motes ( 30 ) ( as of now ) to buy an Exotic Weapon and an Engram this weekend from Xur. Hoping to be able to buy 2 Engams but thats a tall order. I still need 16 more motes by then.....not impossible but tough. I tried really hard to get enough coin last weekend to buy the Ice Breaker but fell 5 coins short, that was after buying my helmet and trying to get enough coin before he left on sunday morn. Unless he has a really good Exotic Weapon I wont buy one I'll just wait but I deff want an Engram to break down. 

What group are you in?  I made 29 last night so now I just need to get guys in our clan together and try to do the VOG.    I kind of hope he has my helmet this week so I can get the engram helmet for either breaking down or maybe get one for my titan.  My alt is already 23, its funny though my brother and I got them both to 20 on Sunday and had gear for them both from out mains and put it on and I jumped to 23 and he jumped to 25 (he had  exotic head piece and legendary legs.)  Fastest toons ever lol.

I'm in the Dads of Gaming group. A good amount of people available to do weekly / nightfall strikes. Ive been doing those and the daily on level 28 for awhile now. I made level 29 over the weekend. I made it through to the end of the VOG with a random bunch of people ( one that  I knew ) but we did not finish it before calling it a night. Took us over 4 hrs to get to the final boss. The first time I went through with the group I'm in we only made it to the first boss before the servers reset a few days later. The group I'm in is making another run at it this thursday night and we are going to try and finish it up over the weekend. 

Ahh ok.  Yeah we went in with 3 people from my clan and a buddy of mine from another clan and two fill in's on Friday got to the gate keeper called it because it was like 2am, then went back in Saturday at 1030ish and finished the run around 1am I think.  We are going to hit it again on Friday provided everyone is on.  I have already maxed out my new helm I got on saturday (exotic) and my raid chest I have the last three upgrades unlocked just need to farm the mats for it and it will be done and should put me back to 29.  I just need the gloves and boots and I have my raid set complete for Normal mode.  

Once we can do the entire run in one night on normal we are going to start doing it on Hard.

I'm hoping to get raid gear and get to level 30. If we finish it off on saturday and I am on friday night and you need another person send me an invite. I'll come along if we dont have enough to do it friday.