WildWillyWalker

My Saleen Current - Stuff

I FINALLY got some parts in the mail. I found a place on ebay with an IRS for sale. I believe the listing ended so I decided to contact them and see if I could get an ABS sensor and the sway bar centering clamps.

Since the IRS I have is actually out of a 1999 Cobra ( :angry: ), it has the 28 inner spline axles and another issue! Me and Josh were wondering why my sway bar didn't have clamps on the sway bar like his does. The clamps sit just inside of each sway bar mount. He did some digging at work and found out they put it on the 2000 Cobra R (Correct @Sleeperstang1994 ?) and it became a recall for the 1999 Cobra. Unfortunately, this owner didn't have the recall done, lol. Josh found a handful of sets left from Ford but they're $120 for a pair....

So I heard back from the Ebay store 10/15/14. After mucho confirming that would get me the correct parts (Not the sway bar mounts!), I paid for the items on on 12/1/14 (2 rear ABS sensors and the clamps for $75 shipped. Win). I had to call him about two weeks ago because I hadn't received anything. Here they forgot about me. :mellow: I finally have them.

Now I just need 03/04 axles and possibly a knuckle because the lip that stops the hub when you press it in is cracked. It's possible to press in a bearing then weld it but I don't know....

post-11-0-86072400-1421188000_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-06901900-1421188012_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-22985000-1421188022_thumb.jpg

you are correct. it wasn't so much a recall as a TSB. only to be applied to owners that complained about a "clunk" I could find the TSB number if anyone is interested but at this point most of the parts are gone. I believe when I looked there was only 3-4 pair of clamps left in the country from Ford. As Sean said they were very very expensive!

At that point, I'd go aftermarket before paying a left nut for two damn clamps. There are clamps similar to that design used for limiters on custom off road steering setups and such. $120 a pair can suck a bag of dicks.

At that point, I'd go aftermarket before paying a left nut for two damn clamps. There are clamps similar to that design used for limiters on custom off road steering setups and such. $120 a pair can suck a bag of dicks.

I feel like Dan had a bad day. lol. Anyway, I did some searching and I wasn't coming up with a clamp with a 26mm diameter. There might be something out there, but if so I didn't know what exactly to call it.

you are correct. it wasn't so much a recall as a TSB. only to be applied to owners that complained about a "clunk" I could find the TSB number if anyone is interested but at this point most of the parts are gone. I believe when I looked there was only 3-4 pair of clamps left in the country from Ford. As Sean said they were very very expensive!

That's what I meant. Brain fart. =/

I feel like Dan had a bad day. lol. Anyway, I did some searching and I wasn't coming up with a clamp with a 26mm diameter. There might be something out there, but if so I didn't know what exactly to call it.

Haha no, I just hate when these people price gouge just because something isn't made anymore. There's a point where you've surpassed making a reasonable profit and you've crossed into being a greedy asshole.

Haha no, I just hate when these people price gouge just because something isn't made anymore. There's a point where you've surpassed making a reasonable profit and you've crossed into being a greedy asshole.

oh you mean like how the snorkels for the 96-98 cobra hoods are over $300 for a pair? lol 

• Moderators

Or people asking $700-$800 for export tails/mirrors... Smh

Saw a set go for $1,300 last year....

IRS going for $1k plus... 

Had a guy that wanted to swap straight with me for my setup... plus $500 cash.  That would have been over $1,800 and I'd still have to build the IRS and powder coat it.

Nothing exciting here. My car is still in storage. I got the last piece of the IRS puzzle though. $400 worth of used 03/04 axles. This IRS wasn't a deal at all. :(

I paid for the front Shockwaves so once they're available they should be shipping out to me.

post-11-0-90211400-1425377743_thumb.jpg

Small updates.

I knew I had to have this shift knob as soon as I saw it on EPCO's website. It came to me as a Christmas present and finally found it's way on my car.

IMG_4573_zpswyykozxq.jpg

IMG_4570_zpsfrgrzxcu.jpg

And check out this beauty! Thanks @Carbon Driven I hope to install it tomorrow.

IMG_4565_zps8wkcspqp.jpg

IMG_4561_zpsnplvixn6.jpg

IMG_4559_zpsquab4w4i.jpg

I think it will look Amazing against the blue.

IMG_4556_zpsqqdfvy9g.jpg

And I was bored... I got a polarizing filter and a lens hood so I was testing them out. Not that they really applied here but......................... Idk.

IMG_4578_zpsv1yo75ix.jpg

Also, a word to @TheScourge232V6 and anyone else with a Saleen hood like mine. You need to remove the hood to remove/install the cowl vent grille because the hood extends further rearward than other factory hoods. I destroyed my factory cowl lol.

I actually did something today. I installed the MoSaleen idler I recently received in just a few minutes.

I've been extremely unmotivated and angry because I curbed my LR wheel and scratched my entire side skirt. I was at an ATM and I saw cars slowing down on the street which meant my light was turning green. I rushed and didn't pull out straight from the ATM far enough and jumped the curb. I had my skirt painted but ran into another problem from the previous bodywork/accidents. The top of the skirt on either end is held on with double sided tape on the fender and quarter. Well, they used double sided tape on the quarter but apparently they used butyl on the fender. I wondered why it was so hard and when I heated it up and used a plastic razor blade it came off... Along with the paint. I have a new fender on order but I doubt anything will be ready for Ford Nationals which makes me mad since this is the first time I spent $55 to enter.

Whatevs. Here are horrible phone pictures of the idler before/after. Camera batteries were dead as well as my car battery so I couldn't start it afterwards.

9ca33cddc1efeff06d2609d5987c9566.jpg2c0acd19aa8d6d3afd4d8651ca74e70e.jpg5f7c9d7952bd7009e0cc5bde55a84e4a.jpg3371453a95bde48cd9259d2bf66f4e82.jpge50411d7afdac49781e100d398dd6136.jpg97f99d795e37f1ef8b0e153220abe825.jpg4b96b636c969dac55cdb4f5b87365490.jpg76e26a9a51ec209a992f8b1ad654a5de.jpg4f604538e681ebcf352919721642d449.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you said my car made more power than yours, which I totally wasn't expecting if that was true. I also couldn't remember if you had some specific reason for that, though. Either way, you know I am a huge fan of this car. Keep us posted on how the MoSaleen works for you. Hooray for more belt wrap!

that really blows that it won't be at carlisle @WildWillyWalker. you still going to come regardless?

I will be there. I did buy a show field ticket so they better not charge me to get in.... Plus, it said it'll get a friend in as well.

Maybe I'll jus show up without a skirt or fender. Who cares.

I will be there. I did buy a show field ticket so they better not charge me to get in.... Plus, it said it'll get a friend in as well.

do you already have it pulled off?  can't you leave it on for now even though it doesn't look in tiptop shape?

I'm thinking of rocking my car rat rod as fuck for Carlisle for shits n gigs