Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

So figured I'd give some more backing to this update! I was excited about color so I jumped the gun on it. Decided for ease of tape off I'd remove the ac codensor and disassemble most of the ABS module. I'd get a delete block but I don't feel like messing with it st the moment so disassembly it it.

e5ba35f84e432464fdce5613323069ea.jpg

Sanded down the whole bay with 400, followed by 600 wet sand, and then sprayed two light coats of sealer all the surfaces. Idk what exactly it does but @whiplash437 said to do it and I think it helps with the glossiness of the base coat.
e126f8c28e2df49a5f91acd8bf0b8282.jpg

Another picture of the inner fender. Glad I did this first as it helped to learn a bit of how the paint acted. Light coats are definitely a must since the metallic can get heavy and run if you aren't careful or go too heavy on the paint. Going to do the other inner fender and then finally the bay last. For going putting effort into the inner fenders and just putting a seal coat of clear on it so it has a little more protection.

593853c780aed2932aa2a111d2e107a3.jpg

367b6c56ef8a2fba3d55dc06e7535220.jpg

And in lieu of the intake issue, I picked up a spare manifold from @Drake and sure enough, the issue is entirely the fault of the super victor intake. I was just going to get it milled more to fit but stumbled across this beauty first.

2f9d589890e42c229c6616f866176c6c.jpg

Its been on motor and ran so I have much more confidence that it'll fit. Its only seen dyno time so if it doesn't work, I'll return this one and just get my Powdercoated one milles to fit.

What are you using for clear coat? I know you said you did the base coat with spray cans, same kinda deal?

Yupp, got a few cans of the Eastwood 2k 2part clear coat! Should be here tomorrow

The teal, is real.

Looks awesome Bryan!

man that look really good nice job

Thanks guyzzzz

please do the bottom of the core support while you are there [emoji14]

It's getting cut off for tubular later down the road anyways so I ain't concerned

oh ok i am gettting one of those for my notch

Nice, who's are you going with?

Just cut it off now, you don't need it ;)

You raise a damn good point lol

Team z just responded to me and after all this time they magically aren't making them for sn95"s. So guess we will just bend them up ourselves

Custom is better anyway. Might not be easier, but you can make it exactly how you want it. :2thumb:

Custom is better anyway. Might not be easier, but you can make it exactly how you want it. :2thumb:

Yupp you got it. I wasn't planning on eating my time up restoring this:

c989e3c42be4ad05718bcbb02ad1c7d3.jpg

^is that your core support?

paint came out perfect man. when you say 2 part clear...is that a spray can type of clear?

Lol lower radiator support. Definitely looks like someone was using it as a jacking point -__- yupp spray can clear. It's Eastwood 2k clear coat. It has an activator in it that you have to do before you spray it. Everything I've read is that its top notch stuff so once that gets here I'll be spraying the bay and my water pump lol

Lol lower radiator support. Definitely looks like someone was using it as a jacking point -__- yupp spray can clear. It's Eastwood 2k clear coat. It has an activator in it that you have to do before you spray it. Everything I've read is that its top notch stuff so once that gets here I'll be spraying the bay and my water pump lol

thought maybe you were so low you were bottoming out your core support hahaa...like damn dude i wanna be able to do that :P

thought maybe you were so low you were bottoming out your core support hahaa...like damn dude i wanna be able to do that [emoji14]

Pshh I wish, I wouldn't have a front bumper! LOL!

Haha there are things available. Its called aerocatches ;-)

lmao yea i googled quick release bumper kit after i said that  and saw shit they actually made and was like ooohhh...shit. they think i'm serious here. you gotta be seriously dedicated to the low to go that far 

lmao yea i googled quick release bumper kit and saw shit they made and was like ooohhh...shit. they think i'm serious here. you gotta be seriously dedicated to the low to go that far

Only reason I'd consider it would be for trailering the car places so I don't need 1000ft ramps

trailering? pfff....never heard of her B-)

Bryan knows all about being on a trailer lol... And the rest of us know how much of a bitch it was to get Bryans car on the trailer

Bryan knows all about being on a trailer lol... And the rest of us know how much of a bitch it was to get Bryans car on the trailer

Yuuuuup! I got this sweet new winch though that alleviated should take up some of the pain. Now I just need to engineer this ramp issue. I have steel ramps now but I definitely need to come up with ramp extensions for the lows

the easy way is to make ramps to drive the rear wheels of the truck onto that raise it up, lowering the back of the trailer

Oooo not a bad idea! It still may be easier for me to make ramp extensions

you will need both i bet

Lol I hope not. I gotta take some measurements when I start messing with the trailer putting the winch on. I've got wood ramps that I use just to get a jack under it and that could be a quality template to start with. Biggest issue is going to be weight of ramp extensions lol I should just say fuck buying a house and buy an airbagged trailer with my down payment I've saved up ;-)