Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

Thanks man. Between running AN lines, dicking around with fluids, and initially firing the new motor, it's more than I wanted to do today.

The flush mounts are nice! I plan on going Al out with them like @ttocs did and smooth then into the hood. Gives a real real sharp effect.

if you have a router and know how to use it I can send you the pattern I made to make the cut nice and tight.  made it super easy.

sad that it won't be there but you have quite a trip for an unproven motor. better to take your time and not get stuck in some backwater town hours from home. are you still coming down in the truck or just staying home?

Heading out in about half an hour!

Bummer.  But you're making the right choice.  The minute you start rushing things is the minute you start making errors.

This thread and many others can't help but make me think the banner of the site should be changed to "SN95Source.com - where everyone has a kick ass Mustang, but most of them don't run!"

(That is not an insult.  Mine was in stasis for 4 years, once)

Bummer.  But you're making the right choice.  The minute you start rushing things is the minute you start making errors.

This thread and many others can't help but make me think the banner of the site should be changed to "SN95Source.com - where everyone has a kick ass Mustang, but most of them don't run!"

(That is not an insult.  Mine was in stasis for 4 years, once)

i always took the "sickest SN95 builds" to mean pretty much just that.  we build them...but don't drive them. :rolleyes:

Did you get your AN fittings anodized teal and gold?!

Lmfao no. Its actually blue and gold. I hate those ones, I just don't feel like buying new ones for that purpose

• Moderators

Lmfao no. Its actually blue and gold. I hate those ones, I just don't feel like buying new ones for that purpose

They sure look teal and gold lol.

I'm with Psychorugby on this one its hard to tell those fittings are blue and not teal.  Of course I'm color blind so I could be as far off as I always was trying to read resistor values in my electrical engineering classes...  :rolleyes:

a little easy of oven cleaner will fix them right up ,then they will be raw alum

One of the best tricks in the book just don't leave it on for to long as its highly corrosive and will eat up whatever your usuing ist on if it sits to long.

These are the typical red and blue 20AN fittings that Im using for the lower rad hose and even though they wont be in my engine bay I couldn't live knowing there on my car somewhere lol. So I stripped them down and polished them up.

fittings_zpsraukgbyu.png

Got dipstick mounted last night, and fresh plugs put in. Gapped them at .042, this seem reasonable? Compression is 9:1 and n/a for now

If all goes well today and I don't end up st my Powdercoaters for hours, she'll be started today.

Finished plumbing my fuel lines and check for leaks, system is holding pressure at 38psi with the car off, primed the oil pump and was picking up 78 psi on the gauge so feeling pretty good about this start up

e11784fc03c6dd8406dc8fb64227b9ef.jpg

Nah not yet. Got it 100% ready to fire. Then my mom strongly advised against starting it because my dads been on midnights and had only been sleeping for 3 hours at that point lol today!

shawshank.jpg

Ain't that the truth! Thanks guys, gotta dial in idle and such today. But with open headers at 945 last night, I had a neighbor that wasn't as enthusiastic as I was about it starting :-)

Ain't that the truth! Thanks guys, gotta dial in idle and such today. But with open headers at 945 last night, I had a neighbor that wasn't as enthusiastic as I was about it starting :-)

23384696.jpg

Haha, I can only imagine how excited your neighbor was for you. I'll bet he came over and high fived you then handed you a cold one right?

If I started my car up with open headers in my neighborhood at 9:45 I would have the entire neighborhood in my driveway with torches and pitch forks. I seriously can't wait to get out of here. They got off easy with my car being out of commission for the past 2.5 years. I'm just sad I wasn't able to get it done so I could drive out of the neighborhood when we move with the cutouts open lol.

• Moderators

Haha, I can only imagine how excited your neighbor was for you. I'll bet he came over and high fived you then handed you a cold one right?

If I started my car up with open headers in my neighborhood at 9:45 I would have the entire neighborhood in my driveway with torches and pitch forks. I seriously can't wait to get out of here. They got off easy with my car being out of commission for the past 2.5 years. I'm just sad I wasn't able to get it done so I could drive out of the neighborhood when we move with the cutouts open lol.

Crank it up on the trailer?!

She* and she's one of those wholistic my kids can't go to the doctors, organic everything, no vaccines, natural remedies, I'm gonna give birth in a bathtub kinda chicks soooooo yeah lol I feel like she must if never realized I owned this car hahahah

Crank it up on the trailer?!

Haha normally I would, but there are a few things stopping that from happening. First is I still have the upper intake and intake piping off the car because the lift plate is still bolted on... the K member needs to come back out for more clearancing and powder coat so there's no sense putting it all back together. Also, even though I thought I had the header primary clearanced enough to clear the starter, when I added the heat wrap, it added just enough thickness that when I cranked the header down, it is now cocking the starter to the side a bit and I'm not cool with that. So yea... no cool noises anytime soon :(

At least it's only one crazy neighbor. I'm curious how mine will be. Of course at the moment I doubt any even know I own a mustang. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So at my old house my neighbor had a modded WRX.  We got on great, with me having a modded STi as a daily driver.  This past Monday I discovered that some of my new neighbors are a married couple that are probably in their early 80's.  Very nice people but the jury is still out on how much noise they'll tolerate coming from the garage/car.

Back on subject, congrats on the start up!  It sounds great!  Can't wait to see this car finished up!

So at my old house my neighbor had a modded WRX. We got on great, with me having a modded STi as a daily driver. This past Monday I discovered that some of my new neighbors are a married couple that are probably in their early 80's. Very nice people but the jury is still out on how much noise they'll tolerate coming from the garage/car.

Back on subject, congrats on the start up! It sounds great! Can't wait to see this car finished up!

Early 80's..... Perhaps they'll never hear you even with a modded STi and cobra. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk