Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

I was gonna guess the change from the carb style TB to the elbow was you didn't feel like buying yet another hood. Lookin sweet. Still diggin the teal booster, too. Really blends in nicely.

I was gonna guess the change from the carb style TB to the elbow was you didn't feel like buying yet another hood. Lookin sweet. Still diggin the teal booster, too. Really blends in nicely.

That's what I was thinking about the booster. I need to finish putting it back together. Just waiting on fuel system components, fluids, and adjusting rockers

Needs to go booster gold.

Lol if I every have to take it off again that's the intention!

The teal booster almost disappears. I guess im the minority, Im not a big fan of the carb style TB.

No problem! I can't figure out how to make the carb hat not look chincy anyways. I look at it and think it looks cheap. Gotta see what other options are out there when that time comes

is it running yet ?

Lol in my dreams

Just for you Logan!

First task of the day was to mock up the trans and clutch fork with the headers before it was on the car. After hours of struggling, I am relieved to say that It will fit (after minor modification). The Moroso pan runs right in the way of the clutch cable tab through the bell housing. No surprise there, just had to motivate it a little to get it in. The primary on the other hand, needed a little bit of metallic persuasion with a hammer but I got it in there. definitely going to need to be keeping clutch cables on deck. Way too close for comfort. Maybe a good reason to switch to hydraulic clutch somewhere down the line :look:

17611842800_77d51bce67_b.jpg

And after being trolled by 4 different part stores to get a non-chinese pilot bearing, the motor made it in with bellhousing and other fun attached!

17796511922_fb5ebd8c04_b.jpg

17799842241_3c73be0d59_b.jpg

17613047409_b34dcbd0de_b.jpg

I'm starting to dig the look of this throttle body on there. Considering the possibility of running this T/B With a carb hat and routing it into my intake pipe with my MAF. Though not using the gorgeous Wilson Manifolds 90mm T/B would also be a sin. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....

Mmmmmmmm :D:2thumb:

Mmmmmmmm :D:2thumb:

:-D

Looking good B-) Really like how the black looks against the teal, super clean.

Thanks dude! Like I said, the hyper could of turned out sweet but it wasn't going to happen in time

cruising right along

6cff9a7896637ed108fee8c9516a3581.jpg

This thread is boring. Maybe cobraracer will liven things up but copy and pasting something useless he Googled. One could only dream.

You shut your whore mouth

• Moderators

idk man, some stock cobra rails would work perfect for your application along with the stock exhaust.

Yeah put the stock exhaust back on there and let me ruin my car with your Borla tips.

Intake torqued down, rockers adjusted, valve covers torqued, 99% of wiring is done, waiting on fuel components from @Rolocut to get here Wednesday, some special cut goods from @95riosnake, and xr1's from my buddy in Florida. Thinking about taking the day off Thursday to try and finish everything for Carlisle and leaving Thursday evening!

8d7e82e053cd5910da08fed4ab1946c9.jpg

cool if you make it out my way you can crash at my place thurs and we can drive the rest of the way friday morning im only and a little over an hour from carlilse

Woot! Awesome man.

[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Is that a MAF and IAT wiring harness I see?!

Nope! That's the TFI harness, but I did locate it after your assistance!

Everything's looking great man. Really digging the throttle body!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! I dig the look of it more n more everyday.

talk about cutting it close! Hope it all comes together for ya man, looking great!

Story of my life here. Look back last year to July around the 12th.....

cool if you make it out my way you can crash at my place thurs and we can drive the rest of the way friday morning im only and a little over an hour from carlilse

Thanks Troy I'll let ya know! I'm meeting up with a few guys who live out in Greensville prospectively but if that changes I'll be in touch!

it's getting serious man i'm kinda on the edge of my seat here [emoji14]

Im so unproductive at work trying to plan out what needs to get done.

Looks great man, your "special cut goods" shipped on Friday so they should be there very soon :2thumb:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!

Man that teal just pops. !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, honestly until Bryan showed us all the light, I hated the teal cars. Now I sometimes find myself a bit jealous that mine isn't teal lol.

Thanks guys, greatly appreciated coming from you two!

ok cool that is just an hour west of me , and its looking great does it make noise yet ?

Is it done yet?!?!?

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Where's the youtube video of it running?!

Nah, isn't making it to Carlisle. Going to tak the long weekend off and hopefully will get it knocked out next week once I get back. Too much to do that I didn't want to rush for.

f78ce7cce71a84e5e9eafb2b190b3d95.jpg

Good decision to take your time and not rush.  Rushing leeds to problems later on.

I like the Aerocatch hood latches.  I'm thinking of getting the flush mount such as you've got.  I've already have a set of the standard Aerocatch latches but have kept thinking of going with the flush mounts.

Good decision to take your time and not rush. Rushing leeds to problems later on.

I like the Aerocatch hood latches. I'm thinking of getting the flush mount such as you've got. I've already have a set of the standard Aerocatch latches but have kept thinking of going with the flush mounts.

Thanks man. Between running AN lines, dicking around with fluids, and initially firing the new motor, it's more than I wanted to do today.

The flush mounts are nice! I plan on going Al out with them like @ttocs did and smooth then into the hood. Gives a real real sharp effect.

sad that it won't be there but you have quite a trip for an unproven motor.  better to take your time and not get stuck in some backwater town hours from home.  are you still coming down in the truck or just staying home?