Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

Right on dude haven't checked out your build in quite sometime nice to see you got it running with the new combo finally got mine going again today ;)

Bryan any chance that you have a ground wire that is bad?!? Just seems odd that it charged fine before motor swap and now you have an issue.

Would make me think it's an issue under the hood and possibly a ground wire that is either shorted or something.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Anything not related to the charging system is plausible at this point. I know it's going to end up being something dumb because it just doesn't make sense. The car starts up instantaneously so that's the only reason why I'm hesitant to think it isn't a ground but at this point your guess is as good as mine.

Right on man . Yea I still need to get a alternator belt it's the only accessory on the car lmao . Can't wait to see what you make for numbers .

Nice sounds good what kinda numbers you make ? Happy with them ?

Thanks man!

351/366. Bit low, but the motor isn't really broken in yet and having a couple issues that I think are holding back power. I think there's Still more timing in it. He didn't wanna push it because open headers were throwing off AFR and timing isn't totally trustworthy. The car wasn't producing spark with the spout unplugged so gotta chase wiring issues. It looked like it was holding steady around 30-35 at 3k but he didn't want to push it without solid confirmation of everything functioning right.

Though, he said I shouldn't have to do anything once I get it all straightened out. AFR was solid at 12.4:1 at WOT so unless it starts doing something funny after I fix the ignition wiring, he said I don't have to bring it back to him though I probably will to get final numbers and have it be totally worked out.

Nice sounds good what kinda numbers you make ? Happy with them ?

Here's dyno chart

dd3a228f3d2a3ce9f772dbc7bd7df8ef.jpg

Here's the circuit I think I have the issue in. Since the spout completes the circuit for PCM controlled timing, I'm thinking there's an issue somewhere between the ignition coil and the PCM so when it's pulled, there's a break in wiring or something causing it to not feed spark.

95bee852f91550ccbaf506649262cad2.jpg

I agree those are some good numbers n/a , hopefully you will get the timing issue fixed. Then get the timing were u want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i don't think they are are bad numbers at all though Bryan. is the charging still working?

As of now lol I wonder if this timing fault was grounding out before and causing the charging system to go haywire and when I threw it all back together, it moved whatever damaged wire enough that its functioning as it should.

I agree those are some good numbers n/a , hopefully you will get the timing issue fixed. Then get the timing were u want it.

That's what I'm hoping for!

I would totally throw an exhaust on this pig

That's the plan, just didn't have time to get it done

I know you could never leave it like that, but it sounds so good with the open exhaust...

Hahahah don't remind me. If it was pumping like 600+ na, I'd absolutely just rock some dumb little header mufflers and call it day !

I know you could never leave it like that, but it sounds so good with the open exhaust...

Hahahah don't remind me. If it was pumping like 600+ na, I'd absolutely just rock some dumb little header mufflers and call it day !

Electric exhaust cutouts FTW! :bananen_smilies011: :headbang:

Damn that's a tough one

With ya, couldn't guess where that is either. Bryan's photo-graphy skillz are second to none [emoji6]

Sent from Space

Is that how your tips will be aimed or are they not finished!?!?

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Haven't quite decided. I'm leaning towards having him keep them like this, and if the look doesn't grow on me, then I'll chop them down even like the regular borla tips are

Yeah it's all stainless. I need to see it all together with the car on the ground and such before I make the final decision about what I'm going to do with it