Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

i don't get the point of these tubular bumper supports. the stock hollow square stuff can't be that much heavier than this is. and if it's for front end collision protection, is it that much better?

:shrug: its 180 for OEM style, this was 120. I should of weighed the other one after I pulled it off. This was easier for me and gives me plentiful room for turbo and piping when that comes down the line.

:shrug: its 180 for OEM style, this was 120. I should of weighed the other one after I pulled it off. This was easier for me and gives me plentiful room for turbo and piping when that comes down the line.

$180??  AM has them for $75.  if the goal was for the turbo piping/intercooler room then yes go for it.  

$180?? AM has them for $75. if the goal was for the turbo piping/intercooler room then yes go for it.

Well 75, then another 110 for the foam piece according to late model. But yeah turbo is the plan so it should help

You talked about putting the front end back together... On a scale from 1 to I hate my life, how much of a pita is it to align everything?  I take it you've done it before?  I'm not entirely pleased with the fender/door/hood gap on my car and thought about giving it the old college try this coming winter when I've got the time.

You talked about putting the front end back together... On a scale from 1 to I hate my life, how much of a pita is it to align everything?  I take it you've done it before?  I'm not entirely pleased with the fender/door/hood gap on my car and thought about giving it the old college try this coming winter when I've got the time.

it takes some finesse.  mine was a PIA to get everything perfect.  its doable though with plenty of patience

You talked about putting the front end back together... On a scale from 1 to I hate my life, how much of a pita is it to align everything? I take it you've done it before? I'm not entirely pleased with the fender/door/hood gap on my car and thought about giving it the old college try this coming winter when I've got the time.

Like what @Blackmage said, just takes a little bit if work and a whole lot of patience. The way I do it is bolt everything on but bolt it on loose. (Loosen everything but don't remove) start with the gap on the fender to door using the 4 on the fender from the bottom of the fender and stanchion off the fenders. Then I do the hood next to lije it uo with the cowl. Then lastly the fender to hood gaps

Lol mildly. Like j said, it isn't perfectly aligned but it'll work for my N/A break in period. When the turbo kit gets put on I'll probably port out the intake and heads to their full potential

Right?! @poxenham makes a top notch product. Its wild how light it is too. I'm thoroughly impressed!

Glad to hear! To be honest, I was pretty amazed at how lightweight they are when I held the first one we made.

^whos toy is that?!??

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Haha it was almost mine. My buddy's selling it, was gonna buy it but it's an 80mm not an 88mm which is what I want for a single turbo build

Like what @Blackmage said, just takes a little bit if work and a whole lot of patience. The way I do it is bolt everything on but bolt it on loose. (Loosen everything but don't remove) start with the gap on the fender to door using the 4 on the fender from the bottom of the fender and stanchion off the fenders. Then I do the hood next to lije it uo with the cowl. Then lastly the fender to hood gaps

Thanks for the tips!

Well MAC headers seem to fit. Let's see how the kooks fit when they arrive today! 5508cf51a31c3fb41005daf99100466f.jpg

Forget the Kooks.  These already have teal on them.

Get this thing done already Bryan! lol car is coming together! Whats next? dropping the engine in to check for clearance

I'm trying Al!!

Here's my next steps:

-Wet sand bay

-assemble most of suspension out of car

-mock up bell housing and trans out of car to check clutch fork interference.

-drop k member

-float engine into bay

-install headers

-reinstall and square k member

-Put motor in final position

-Pray that everything clears.

-assemble suspension

-clean up wiring that I'm still not happy with

-etc etc etc

-Test fire open headers

IMO the biggest advantage to the tubular front bumper support is intercooler/oil cooler/power steering cooler, etc. I'll probably end up with one eventually because I want to eventually put A/C back in the car, and my intercooler is currently living where the A/C condenser used to be.

So wtf is on those headers Bryan?

IMO the biggest advantage to the tubular front bumper support is intercooler/oil cooler/power steering cooler, etc. I'll probably end up with one eventually because I want to eventually put A/C back in the car, and my intercooler is currently living where the A/C condenser used to be.

So wtf is on those headers Bryan?

The green stuff? That's like melted yoga mat or something lmao

Tried the kooks on yesterday. They'd actually be super the nice. The flange adapters are dope and would make a header job unbelievably easy. However, at their lowest, they're about 1" lower than the MACS. So for interest of time and ground clearance, I'll be trying the MACS out for size first.

Cut the kooks to shorten and re-weld. That is what we are doing to my Shelby's oem exhaust manifolds.

Its possible down the line but I'm going to be going turbo anyways so I don't want to spend hours on

looks like you missed a couple of spots

You mean all those holes? Nahhh. Just weight reduction

I love that you left the teal booster B-)

Trying something new!

im just glad you managed to incorporate that hockey stick in. KOHO

Haha they're the most useful things. Perfect for prop rods too!

If the car is ready for a fresh engine then why don't we see a fresh engine sitting in it?!?!? ;-)

This weekend! *crosses fingers*

looks great Bryan!

Thanks William!

676aaf1baf60c7a337694622d9ec7f65.jpg

just out of curiosity did you replace the booster? I was surprised that when I took mine off it was rusted pretty bad on the bottom and I was glad I took if off when I did.

Nope,one wasn't bad at all. The front side had some minor rusting where a MC had leaked previously buy the underside was fairly solid.

that looks so clean and new lol. the rest of the cars paint is still good?

Lol we'll find out! It's going to be getting a full paint correction once it's all back together. Side skirts are likely going to be getting repainted. Hopefully that's all

Lol we'll find out! It's going to be getting a full paint correction once it's all back together. Side skirts are likely going to be getting repainted. Hopefully that's all

hope it's all good and clean for ya....that paint is delicious man! 

hope it's all good and clean for ya....that paint is delicious man!

Thanks @tony! So do I haha

Started my new headlight project with a buddy. Going out of the box so hopefully it isn't too much :crossesfingers:

If there's not a pic of the new motor sitting in that bay then don't bother posting in here again Bryan!!!!!! [emoji39]

Just for you Logan!

First task of the day was to mock up the trans and clutch fork with the headers before it was on the car. After hours of struggling, I am relieved to say that It will fit (after minor modification). The Moroso pan runs right in the way of the clutch cable tab through the bell housing. No surprise there, just had to motivate it a little to get it in. The primary on the other hand, needed a little bit of metallic persuasion with a hammer but I got it in there. definitely going to need to be keeping clutch cables on deck. Way too close for comfort. Maybe a good reason to switch to hydraulic clutch somewhere down the line :look:

17611842800_77d51bce67_b.jpg

And after being trolled by 4 different part stores to get a non-chinese pilot bearing, the motor made it in with bellhousing and other fun attached!

17796511922_fb5ebd8c04_b.jpg

17799842241_3c73be0d59_b.jpg

17613047409_b34dcbd0de_b.jpg

I'm starting to dig the look of this throttle body on there. Considering the possibility of running this T/B With a carb hat and routing it into my intake pipe with my MAF. Though not using the gorgeous Wilson Manifolds 90mm T/B would also be a sin. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....

I dig the TB personally... I remember seeing a four eyed fox GT running a setup like that at NMRA Columbus and it was badass (not to mention the car drug the bumper half way down the track most runs lol).

What happened to the carb style throttle plate?!?!

you need to go stand alone and run the carb style throttle body! ;)

Ehl oh ehl I'll probably hold onto it for shits n gigs

f352ddb53f1a2852c57d6727c44d46a0.jpg

d8f2dcddb6364a3dd9f593dfd670d71b.jpg

motor looks awesome in their bryan.

The black looks great against the teal. Starting to come together nice!

Thanks guys! I wish the Powdercoat came out how I wanted which was a hypercoat kinda look but after the struggle I was going through with the PC'r I couldn't wait any longer.