V8POWA!

What's Your Ride Look Like Today?

Might be a stupid question, but Brett, why is the middle of the splitter bowed upward? Wouldn't that create lift rather than downforce?

because tegris (the splitter material) flexes a LOT at higher speeds. if you make it how a little in the center it'll actually level itself from the air coming over the top. I need to figure out a way to keep it from flexing so that way I can run it straight across.

Regardless at low speed the most important thing is the sides and under braking how it acts. and under braking it straightens itself out.

Lol Blackmage where do you live?! I like the Audi covered in mud, real sweet. Do you have issues with taking the mustang out and getting dirty before you even leave your driveway?

Up in Wisconsin. we still have a ton of snow everywhere, the past few days has given us high 60's weather so its all melting. A lot of back roads and game trails are just pure muck right now haha.

I'm guessing the rear fenders are cutting up the tires. Mine do the same occasionally :suspicion:

Yup that's it unfortunely, I got some bad wheel hop and that's what happened, the other side is quite a bit deeper too. H&R SS with no iso's will do that I guess

Yup that's it unfortunely, I got some bad wheel hop and that's what happened, the other side is quite a bit deeper too. H&R SS with no iso's will do that I guess

Did the '99-'04 come with quad shocks? I know the fox's and '94-'98 had them and if you removed then without adding aftermarket controls arms, they were/are prone to wheel hop. Not much you can do if you run a wide tire though as far as keeping the quad shocks.

Sent from my secretary!!!

Did the '99-'04 come with quad shocks? I know the fox's and '94-'98 had them and if you removed then without adding aftermarket controls arms, they were/are prone to wheel hop. Not much you can do if you run a wide tire though as far as keeping the quad shocks.

I still have my quad shocks on. Wheel hop is still harsh tho. I'm prolly going to be running a narrower tire soon and possibly throwing the iso's back in since I just discovered I'm rubbing my exhaust too. I just started a thread in the wheels in tires section if anybody has some advise on tires

Hmmm... That's weird. I love fat meat out back. I've got 285 Nitto's, and next year when I purchase new ones, I plan to go 305 or 315. I haven't had any wheel hop issues in my '98, and I yanked the quad shocks when I lowered the car.