fry

The Tangerine Dream

I'm sorry I don't get on much but I really have no free time lol.

I know, it's ok. We just all really miss having you around. Hopefully your schedule will free up and you can start spending more time with us!

Nice. Liz that's going to be a fun built little combo you got for your car. She or I guess in ur case he is going to be a whole new animal. The cars going to move out pretty nicely now with pi top end and cams your hp goals will be no problem. Can't wait to hear a new exhaust clip. You must get super tired working doubles daily .

It's finally running! But I haven't gotten to hear it yet :( Gotta go Monday and get the title switched over to my name, get a tag and get some insurance lol. Hopefully have it back this week!!

Car was on the dyno at school today (: they got to play while I had to spend all my hard earned money on taxes, tag an insurance. But I, and only I, own my car :)

Oh yes ill be on more! Idk what it put down someone just mentioned it offhand on my fb. Ill find more tomorrow when I go test drive it (:

I haven't updated this in a WHILE! I got the car back and the right side caliper fell off, someone forgot to torque some bolts. Got the cobra brakes cleaned up and slapped on, still gotta paint them though. The car was still smoking worse than before the motor rebuild and it was shutting off every time I came to a stop. We assumed the valve seals were messed up, so I replaced all of them. It's got the wrong fuel injectors so I'm guessing that's why it's shutting off, but I honestly can't afford to replace them now. It's got the yellow top injectors, and I think the PI motors are supposed to have the pink ones right? The guys that put the motor in ran the power steering lines wrong and that tore up the rack and pinion so I just got a new one. Gotta put all this stuff back together and I should be driving the car again by Tuesday. It's been over a month since I got to drive the car!

jeez oh pizza papalis! sounds like major headaches =\

I gotta say, I honestly believe this car is like jinxed or something. Maybe that's why it's had 15 owners. It seems like every time I try to improve something on the car, it just goes wrong.

The guys in motor class at school did the work, but I redid the valve seals and I know I put them all in right this time lol.

I'm sorry to hear that Liz.... I actually got pretty irritated reading it because you deserve to have your car running flawlessly a this point. I'd be half tempted to throw some fists at the guys who messed it up but it isn't worth it. Luckily it was free and you didn't lose extra money there.

Maybe someone one the forum has an extra set of injectors they don't need that they can donate you and if anything maybe pay them back when you get the money? I know if I had a set I'd do it. I'll ask around and see if I know anyone that has them. Which ones do you need?

Anyways, as always keep us updated. You know I like reading your posts :D

-Brian

Lady and gents the injectors are NOT her issue.

Your car is a 96-98 so the yellow top 19# injectors are the correct injectors. Unless you swapped the ecu as well, the computer will be only tuned for the 19# injectors. 01-04 GT's had the pink top injectors (21#), your car is not tuned for those unless you took an ecu from a 01-04 GT.

Now that I think about it your tune is probably the problem anyway if you're still running the oem programming. PI swaps will not run as smoothly without a tune...

Edited by iRoush

^^ Thought she swapped a PI motor into the car? Maybe I mis-read back when.

she swapped a motor but not the ecu. if she put 21# injectors in there it'd run worse than it is now with the 19# because the OEM ecu and MAF is calibrated for the 19# injectors on her car.

Lady and gents the injectors are NOT her issue.

Your car is a 96-98 so the yellow top 19# injectors are the correct injectors. Unless you swapped the ecu as well, the computer will be only tuned for the 19# injectors. 01-04 GT's had the pink top injectors (21#), your car is not tuned for those unless you took an ecu from a 01-04 GT.

Now that I think about it your tune is probably the problem anyway if you're still running the oem programming. PI swaps will not run as smoothly without a tune...

Makes much more sense now. I wasn't sure if you had to change them, but yeah the car needs a tune for sure! haha Thanks everyone! I've been very aggravated but you get what you pay for and honestly it was all just simple mistakes. No big deal, it hasn't cost me anything extra yet thank God lol.