fry

The Tangerine Dream

Thats awesome that you found an entire parts car. Why did someone junk it out, it appeared to be in decent shape.

Agreed i dont see any major issues there

Misspelled while on the crapper via my Droid Razr

Thanks everyone!! The cobra had been picked bare bone, even the wheels were stolen off it. It would've been a lot of work to take all of my stuff out and put it in the cobra. I also would've had to get a salvage title. I just didn't wanna go through all that work lol. I am gonna get the brakes, air bags, a/c and anything else I can't get off of it.

0805121636.jpg

0805121635.jpg

0805121634.jpg

0805121633a.jpg

0805121632a.jpg

0805121630.jpg

0805121636b.jpg

Can you open your door now?

YESSSSS!! The body lines aren't PERFECT, but they're pretty damn good considering I had no idea what I was doing lol.

My car looks like a giant Irish flag.

YESSSSS!! The body lines aren't PERFECT, but they're pretty damn good considering I had no idea what I was doing lol.

My car looks like a giant Irish flag.

If its gonna be a long time before you can paint it, I'd flat black the front end with some rustoleum rattle can paint.

You're really making me think about going skirtless.. hrmm.

haha I'm actually gonna get the rocker panels off the parts car. I just ran out of time this weekend. I love the skirtless with the gt bumper, but the cobra one hangs lower.

If its gonna be a long time before you can paint it, I'd flat black the front end with some rustoleum rattle can paint.

haha thought about that! i'm hoping it wont be more than a weeks til i get it painted though! if it gets to be longer than that i'll do something about the ugly.

skirtless and wingless FTW! looks meaner with cobra front and no skirts...

I just don't think the panels line up right without the skirts if it has a cobra bumper. I want the super typical s281 spoiler, I love the way it looks lol. The parts car has some weird jacked up spoiler on it idk what it is though.

skirtless and wingless FTW! looks meaner with cobra front and no skirts...

Agreed one hundred percent. I'very been loving the look of skirtless on my car while I'm waiting on getting my svo's painted

Agreed one hundred percent. I'very been loving the look of skirtless on my car while I'm waiting on getting my svo's painted

Side exhaust FTW!! That would be one thing I'd like to do later on!

I just don't think the panels line up right without the skirts if it has a cobra bumper. I want the super typical s281 spoiler, I love the way it looks lol. The parts car has some weird jacked up spoiler on it idk what it is though.

whats funny is the skirts hang lower with gt front and rear...and that is acceptable? did you know on the sn95 the skirts were a last minute addition. i think they were trying to make up for the 4x4 stock stance and honestly with the cobra front hanging a little lower it looks more aggressive }RACING{

i just put a cobra front on mine, i need updated sig......

Edited by DOHC GT

Actually the side skirts cover up the ugly uneven underneath mountup points. On a black car its not so noticeable, but if you look as Liz's pics, you can see that stuff showing. Side skirts FTW.

Actually the side skirts cover up the ugly uneven underneath mountup points. On a black car its not so noticeable, but if you look as Liz's pics, you can see that stuff showing. Side skirts FTW.

Yeah, definitely agree with this. At this point, I just want my car to look as least sketchy as possible.

fully aware of the holes, im gonna get mine welded up. it a personal preference lol like the wing vs wingless debate.........

i have always like the lx 5.0 for the same reason compared to the gt 5.0, just cleaner

regardless the car is coming out really nice, cant wait to see the finished product!

fully aware of the holes, im gonna get mine welded up. it a personal preference lol like the wing vs wingless debate.........

i have always like the lx 5.0 for the same reason compared to the gt 5.0, just cleaner

regardless the car is coming out really nice, cant wait to see the finished product!

Thanks!! And yeah, with the holes closed up it will look baller! Rocker panels are a cheap, easy way for me to hide the fact that my car is shitty. I do like the skirtless better though lol.

Its sad to see the shell of that poor green car. I hope whoever stole and stripped it, cut theirself and got flesh eating disease from it.

No one stole it. The guy who owned it abandoned it at a shop after getting some work done. It's been several years, so the shop took the engine, tranny, etc. Someone stole the wheels while it was sittin outside though lol.

Wow liz your car is gonna be the shit with a cobra bumper, I cant wait to see it all painted.

Thanks!! I think it's gonna look awesome when it's all one color again! What size hood do you have? Like how high is it? I'm not diggin the cobra hood at all, no offense to anyone but I'd like it a lot more if my car was actually a cobra lol.

What size hood do you have? Like how high is it? I'm not diggin the cobra hood at all, no offense to anyone but I'd like it a lot more if my car was actually a cobra lol.

Its a 3 in 95 cobra r hood. I think they call them cobra RR hoods.

007.jpg

And it is this exact one.

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=16612RR+01&catkey=74-01&srccode=MULMVWEB

you should take the win thats on it, isnt it one of the s351s?

haha idk but I don't like it lol.

Damn, great work liz.... is that a pac green cobra you have for parts?

I think it's pacific green lol, not entirely sure.

Are the brakes still on that cobra...?

Yeah, I'm gonna get them off probably this weekend.

i was wondering how you were coming along on this car since i hadn't seen any posts about it on the other forum. nice to see you're making good headway on it.

Working on the fobra tomorrow again. I'm getting the brakes and gauges. The calipers are red with cobra painted white. Should I just repaint them all black?