fry

The Tangerine Dream

The night class at school is in engine performance, so they've been doing diagnostic work on my car. The TPS was messed up, so they worked on that. Apparently I need o2 sensors.

8524306167_0ae248c548_c.jpg

"Working" on my car.

8524305599_c3b0920bd0_c.jpg

Added +838 HP

The other day I finally got around to taking my left rear wheel off and fixing the exhaust tip. The tire had been rubbing the tip, not on the right side though...

8524304455_4a1ca2aa33_c.jpg

8524303933_acf99fd0ff_c.jpg

I did some work on my center console. I took a saw and cut out the mounting bracket to attempt to get it to sit down at the end of it when it's in the car. Did that, and it's still not all the way down. The plugs sit under the cup holders and it's pushing the console up, gonna see about moving them enough to get rid of the gap. I'm gonna use the old console to fab up a mounting bracket since I cut the one out the new one.

8524302539_cb4abb981d_c.jpg

Pushed all the way down, but still hung up on the plugs.

8524302153_065de42111_c.jpg

Not good enough.

Car is still running like shit. :boom:

Stick with it, once you get it running 100% you won't be able to get the smile off your face. When I got the 347 in and had it tuned, I couldn't have been happier sitting at a red light listening to it idle happily without missing a beat. I feel your pain on the cost of a tune, I've paid for 3 tunes now (one for H/C/I, one for the 347, and one for the 347+procharger), it's getting old.

Stick with it, once you get it running 100% you won't be able to get the smile off your face. When I got the 347 in and had it tuned, I couldn't have been happier sitting at a red light listening to it idle happily without missing a beat. I feel your pain on the cost of a tune, I've paid for 3 tunes now (one for H/C/I, one for the 347, and one for the 347+procharger), it's getting old.

haha thanks for the encouragement!

8524303479_ec3bcdc60f_c.jpg

Also, got rid of the PCV valve or whatever and put a breather on it. I'm trying to remember what all this air and ignition stuff is about but I haven't been through that class yet so it's super confusing.

Alright, I'm gonna give yall a quick update on my awesome steed before I finish getting ready for school.

First off, it's still cutting off when I come to a stop or slow down. Whatever, I don't even wanna talk about this issue.

Then it was still skipping, changed the plug wires to some nice Ford Racing performance wires and knocked that issue out of the park. Don't cheap out on plug wires, apparently it comes back to bite you in the ass.

I fab'ed my center console to death and got it to sit ALMOST all the way to the floor. The problem is where the seat belts are on the floor, I don't really care lol. I'm not trying to move them. It sits maybe a half inch up. Rode with it for a week and can't tell that it's not flush, but LOVE having cup holders! So not I just gotta take it back out and dye it.

Before spring break, one of the guys in my class told me they have a wrecked Mustang at their shop's junkyard and it had nice door panels and air bags. He told me $100 for everything and I jumped all over it! Yesterday when we got back from spring break, just my luck, he said his pops sold the air bags. I couldn't be mad because that was a crazy good deal, and they made way more off the other guy, I would've done the same thing. However, he let me get the door panels for $20, couldn't beat that with a stick. The owner of the car painted them yellow, yes BRIGHT YELLOW. If you paint your door panels, think about this; if you ever end up not owning them, the person who ends up with them is gonna be thinking what a dumb ass the entire time they're scraping your mistake off. Other than the color, they're in perfect shape. None of the hooks are missing, no scratches or rips. I got smart and started using the blaster at school, but I ran out of time before I could finish the first one, so I'll have to finish them Wednesday. After I strip the paint I'm gonna have to dye them since they came out of a newer Mustang. It's a lot of work, but for $20 it's still a good deal. One of the guys in my class works at an interior shop and said they could change out the ugly carpet at the bottom. I hate it, but idk how it would look with suede or something there.

34991_10152745636365323_1175176197_n.jpg

554957_10152746102425323_2038472485_n.jpg

And the last update; I signed up for this autocross school thing. http://www.mustangweek.com/forums/showthread.php?3679-BFGoodrich-Tires-presents-Mustang-Week-Autocross-Driving-School Even though I have no ambition to do auotcross, or even enter the competition at Mustang Week, I just wanna do it cause I think it'd be fun to learn. Plus, it was only $40 and a good reason to skip school. Hope my car's still running by then! And it'll still be two different colors hahaha.

That yellow is just terrible, great score for $20 though, a little work and they'll look great.

Good to hear you're coming to Mustang Week! There needs to be an planned meet up of everyone from here that is going to Mustang Week. It's going to be pretty rare for that many of us to all be at the same place since we're so spread out, so we should definitely take advantage of that.

I totally agree!! I can't wait for Mustang Week! I'll only be there the Autocross school day and the weekend since i have school.

Oh, also the plug wire looms didn't work right at all lol, had to go back to zip ties.

That sucks, zip ties don't look too bad though.

Yeah its pretty clean. I love the bright blue wires! Orange and bright blue make me happy.

I dropped my computer on the ground and broke it lol. I also broke up with my fiance and moved back home. I just finished my hvac class and starting engine performance next week. Its been a hectic year!!

As far as the tangerine heap goes...idk where i left off here. The car has been in the shop the past two weeks just sitting. The sleeve the throw out bearing goes in and out of is messed up so the clutch cable is stretched and gonna pop. Im gonna replace the sleeve, clutch, clutch cable, etc... I just wanna upgrade everything so i don't have to deal with it for a while.

Im also FINALLY gonna replace the shocks, struts and e brake!

Edited by fry

So what your saying is there Is hope for you and tew?

i was about to say the same thing. My heart stopped for a second when I read that part lol.

Sorry you guys broke up Fry, but you and Tew are meant to be!

Ok, where is the car and what needs done. Lets get this thing on the road... I'll grab my toolbox and hit the road.

Haha thanks! The issue with gettin it done has been the fact that it happened while i was on my short little summer break and the school is the only place i have access to a lift lol.

Haha thanks! The issue with gettin it done has been the fact that it happened while i was on my short little summer break and the school is the only place i have access to a lift lol.

Lifts are overrated... lmao

Sent from my secretary!!!

I didn't know you could change a clutch out on a lift, everytime I have done it was laying under the car on the ground

I know, right! Shannon and I swapped 3 transmissions in the driveway of my old townhouse in Ocean View.

Sent from my secretary!!!

Haha i can't do anything at home, we have no concrete anywhere and i don't trust Jack stands on dirt lol. When i buy a house its gonna have a shop with concrete floor and a concrete driveway and no where near any damn dirt roads.

That's rough Liz, I do 99.9% of my car work on the concrete lol I can't imagine the luxury of having a lift for everything that I do. Man that'd make my life so much easier!

That's rough Liz, I do 99.9% of my car work on the concrete lol I can't imagine the luxury of having a lift for everything that I do. Man that'd make my life so much easier!

School has definitely spoiled me! Its so nice to have everything you need right at your finger tips. Its gonna suck when i finally graduate!

School has definitely spoiled me! Its so nice to have everything you need right at your finger tips. Its gonna suck when i finally graduate!

I know the feeling! Although I don't have a lift, my dad has EVERY tool imaginable. I guess being a diesel mechanic for 25 years will do that. Even if he doesn't have something, someone at his work does. Gonna suck when I move out and I'm back down to basic wrenches and sockets and stuff

^My dad has every tool in existence, including a massive 60'x36' garage with 14' ceilings I helped him build... my stupid ass moved an hour and a half away to Pittsburgh right after we finished it too... smh.

His plans were originally to put a lift in it but he hasn't gotten around to it. It just sucks because I can use his garage any time I need, but an hour and a half drive kinda kills it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Liz, you're bringing the pumpkin to MW right?

^My dad has every tool in existence, including a massive 60'x36' garage with 14' ceilings I helped him build... my stupid ass moved an hour and a half away to Pittsburgh right after we finished it too... smh.

His plans were originally to put a lift in it but he hasn't gotten around to it. It just sucks because I can use his garage any time I need, but an hour and a half drive kinda kills it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Liz, you're bringing the pumpkin to MW right?

That's the main reason I didn't move too far away from home :)

Yup, I'll be at MW with the pumpkin, even if I have to push him there.

I got a new Centerforce clutch kit for it so hopefully I'll have it back on the road next week if I don't find anything else wrong with it. The pressure plates were ducking up, two years with a stock clutch I guess I got my moneys worth.

With all of the issues you have had since the beginning of this thread props to you for sticking with the car and working though them. Once you get it buttoned up it will all be worth the blood, sweat & tears:thumb:

I'm not ashamed to admit I'm entirely too attached to my car to give up. Plus its become a challenge, I don't wanna lose haha.