Det_Riot

Painting Fun!

Vent are going to remain closed for now. I haven't felt the need to open the vents since it heat extracts out the back of the hood.....however that doesn't stop me from wanting to open them up at some point

• Moderators

Congrats! Cannot wait until I get to this point! I think I decided this weekend to do a pearl Rio Red.

(I still want your tail lights!)

Hooray for keeping horizontal tails and painting the hood. Can't wait to see it finished. Yet another car making me want those SVO sideskirts, although I've always felt the rear needed some sort of large diffuser to match how low the front and sides are with them.

• Moderators
Soooo jealous! There are few things that make a car nicer than fresh paint!

You said it! I need my build thread title changed to 50 Shades of Red until this happens. Looks great Bryan!

dam i never even seen this thread lol.

i just sat hear trying to figure out what the 2 thin curved pieces were for 10 mins, haha. i fuckin love that color dude!! the pic of the s281 wing REALLY makes me want one.

- - - Updated - - -

9054549254_d958cfc192_b.jpg

these are going to look so sick on your car bryan!! i am jealous of these haha. i want them sooooo bad but they look shitty on mine. i'm going to pm you a pic i did with them and tell me if they really do look that bad

Tony the bottom of your car is so angular i think it would lose cohesion with the rest of the setup if you replaced your current rockers with those. Now if you could molde in the 99-04 Roush style pipes you may be onto a solution.

Went to the shop and they were almost done wetsanding already on the body. Hood and front bumper are getting painted tonight! Snapped some pics when I was there, it's really coming together now!

9129569679_56c6852098_b.jpg

9129568843_8b036091ee_b.jpg

9129567373_f047e5bdb1_b.jpg

9129561073_5d190c9117_b.jpg

call me ignorant, but what is that all over the car? Plastic to protect it?

And good lord! those wheels are just hot

Lol wet sanding residue, they gotta wheel it out n shit still

I'm really surprised they didn't prep everything and spray everything at once

:shrug: I think it was a matter of time. He's doing it all after hours at his paint shop so I think he's just knocking out pieces when he can.

Hooray for keeping horizontal tails and painting the hood. Can't wait to see it finished. Yet another car making me want those SVO sideskirts, although I've always felt the rear needed some sort of large diffuser to match how low the front and sides are with them.

Oh I'd never leave my horizontals! They're a part of the car :) I absolutely agree with yah on the rear. I haven't figured that part out yet but am trying to throw around ideas

Soooo jealous! There are few things that make a car nicer than fresh paint!

Thanks dude! Now you know the front every time I see an update of your car :drool:

YUMMMMMM...... :clap2:

;)

You said it! I need my build thread title changed to 50 Shades of Red until this happens. Looks great Bryan!

Thanks man! We can make that title change happen :look:

dam i never even seen this thread lol.

i just sat hear trying to figure out what the 2 thin curved pieces were for 10 mins, haha. i fuckin love that color dude!! the pic of the s281 wing REALLY makes me want one.

Haha thank toe-knee. Stop messing with perfection ;)

Dam were the heck have i been looks tits cant wait for the finished product.

Mucho Gracias señor!

looking awesome man. can't wait to see this thing down at MW

Hopefully my wheels are finished and she'll be in her full glory :nervous:

• Moderators
Thanks man! We can make that title change happen :look:

Do it. I have several years until my car is in the glorious state yours is in, so I have time to come up with a new name.

Mine won't be at your house this weekend, probably Sunday at the absolute earliest but highly doubtful!

Slight change of plans, final prep took longer than anticipated so last pics before I pick it up tomorrow =]

9146886841_e7c558620c_b.jpg

9149117730_ccdb06f2b9_b.jpg