slow90coupe

Low and Slow 97 GT Build Thread

Time to update this thread. I got my oil leaks fixed! It turns out I needed a 45 degree fitting from Earl's to give the line and the rack enough clearance to work properly. I got that issue sorted out, and the car cranked right up! I took it for its maiden voyage Saturday and all was well. I drove it a little farther this morning and had some very minor issues. My bolt that was holding up my power steering cooling lines came loose, and the lines started dragging the ground. I got that fixed easily, as it happened pulling out of my driveway. Then I got on it, built 5lbs of boost, let off, and the car died. I had a vacuum cap blow off, but luckily I was able to use my spare shift knob to put over the fitting and limp it to the shop, where I put a bolt in the fitting. All is good with it now, no oil leaks or other fluid leaks. The only issue I have is a check engine light that I need to turn off, and a blinking theft light that I need to figure out.

I'm also about to write a detailed guide of what to expect when you buy an On3 kit off the shelf, and what will need attention and what you will need to upgrade/modify.

Here's some pics.

DSC_0089_zps978cb589.jpg

DSC_0091_zps0a416229.jpg

DSC_0093_zpsb4fe1167.jpg

I love that you plugged the vacuum leak with a spare shift knob, lol! Glad to hear everything is good to go and you're getting to enjoy the car. I love the car even more now that its snail-fed!

I've got about 150 miles on it so far, and I plan to multiply that number this weekend. The car has been running great, sounds amazing IMO, and has been attracting attention like it never has before (I guess that's what an open downpipe will do for you, lol). I'm loving the turbo life. Vids to come this weekend.

I'm glad you got it all squared away. I wish I had the extra funds to get my turbo build moving forward but we are making progress on the house remodel so that's what counts right now. If my wife lands this job then we will really be moving in the right direction.

You have to post more updates!!!!!!

I got a delivery today

Bride Digo seats

IMG_0573_zps9b40126f.jpg

Corbeau seat brackets

IMG_0577_zps6c11e3a3.jpg

And installed. The Corbeau brackets were much closer to lining up than I expected. I only had to drill a total of two holes in each bracket.

IMG_0582_zpsd2259da9.jpg

IMG_0584_zpsc65bac43.jpg

IMG_0586_zpsa04af695.jpg

Then I raised the car up to check on everything since I've driven it about 500 miles without checking anything. I'm glad I checked. The oil feed line was nearly melted from where it was about 2 inches away from the header. I'm VERY glad I caught that before it started spraying oil everywhere. So it looks like a good quality feed line and heat wrap is in my future.

The gray and black on the seats really fits into your interior color nicely! :2thumb:

It would be sick to have the rear seats covered to match, but I'm sure that wouldn't be cheap lol.

Perfect choice for the seats. That is the exact design I was hoping you got as they are one of my favorite!! Probably one of the only other seats I'd swap my 03/04 seats for. I agree with @Tabres on getting the material on some other items in the interior to match the seats. Good catch on the oil feed line too.

What are you planning to do next?

Thanks everyone! I'm happy with them. They're actually more comfortable than the factory seats IMO, so that's nice too. I do plan on getting a few spare interior pieces later this summer. I want to get the center console trim pieces and door pockets hydrodipped with carbon fiber, cover an armrest with Bride material, and possibly get a rear seat and cover it in Bride material. But I've got enough to do on my foxbody to bankrupt me, so I'm unsure on if I want to let the fox sit for a few years and "finish" this car or go on and get the fox running.

Oh, and I forgot, I should have another set of HRE's in my possession by the end of the day. :D

I cannot get over the bride writing down the WHOLE seat.  either way, im sure they are way better than the stockers! 

Nice catch on the oil line, no one wants to blow one of those mid pull on the highway!

Oh, and I forgot, I should have another set of HRE's in my possession by the end of the day. :D

Wth... where are you finding these wheels at all the time?   Teach me.  Please.

Hell yes.

I cannot get over the bride writing down the WHOLE seat.  either way, im sure they are way better than the stockers! 

Nice catch on the oil line, no one wants to blow one of those mid pull on the highway!

That's the style with Brides, the gradation logo fabric is kind of their signature look. I personally like it, something different. I would love to be there when someone asks what kind of seats they are... just smack them right in the mouth lol.

Wth... where are you finding these wheels at all the time?   Teach me.  Please.

He must have the same gift that @haterbuilt has... Billy is always falling into HRE's it seems lol. So I'm sure he has shared his wisdom somehow. Oh and you should stop in and see us more often Billy, cough cough...

Hell yes.

That's the style with Brides, the gradation logo fabric is kind of their signature look. I personally like it, something different. I would love to be there when someone asks what kind of seats they are... just smack them right in the mouth lol.

He must have the same gift that @haterbuilt has... Billy is always falling into HRE's it seems lol. So I'm sure he has shared his wisdom somehow. Oh and you should stop in and see us more often Billy, cough cough...

It's funny that you mention Billy, because the HRE's i'm getting are his 540's. Lol.

Hah.  I would be that idiot to be staring at the seats and ask "What kind of sparco's are these"  :P

Yes that's the set, unfortunately I think he's selling the Terminator off because I'm trading him a set of 03 Cobra wheels with the deal.

Damn the terminator didn't last long

• Moderators

I need to just give y'all a list of parts I need that I can't find and see what y'all come back with.

This is the way I feel when I hear about deals on export tail lights and Borla side exhaust... both of which I am currently looking for, but not seriously.

Hell yes.

Sorry I've been so busy racing again I havent had much time for anything. I'm also in the process of returning my 03 cobra to stock and selling it. Right now I'm modifying a mm k member to work with the on3 kit which is a total pain in the ass so all my spare tire is dedicated to that as well. I'll post pics once I'm done.

Welll here's the wheels.

As I picked them up

IMG_0596_zpscf5ab30d.jpg

IMG_0598_zps7d4f1b2d.jpg

Then after a nice cleaning

IMG_0600_zps5e4d7a4b.jpg

IMG_0601_zps0106f257.jpg

Of course OCD kicked in so I got all the center caps lined up with the valve stem and torqued all of the bolts down for peace of mind.

IMG_0604_zps15a8aa8f.jpg

And mocked up. Don't mind the hellapoke

IMG_0617_zps7fbc494e.jpg

Yeah, I'm in love with the car again. Turbo+Brides+HRE's= much happy.

IMG_0615_zps0d14f6ec.jpg

The solution to the hellapoke. I'm going to take the fox length rear end in my fox project car and go on and put it in the SN95. It's ready to go with welded axle tubes, FRPP 31 spline Cobra diff, FRPP girdle, carbon disks, Moser axles, sway bar welded on, etc etc. It should go great in the car, and it's something I've always wanted to do.

IMG_0613_zpsfa6b551c.jpg