slow90coupe

Low and Slow 97 GT Build Thread

You'll see soon enough.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

I suspect bags!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I made some more progress today.

A pic of the car. I like the stance, just rides like poopie. So bad it's undrivavble.

IMG_9625_zps82de4ec7.jpg

Battery box.

IMG_9631_zps9fc1a12c.jpg

No battery box.

IMG_9639_zps4360706f.jpg

Vortech.

IMG_9630_zpsc6f62282.jpg

IMG_9628_zps50620946.jpg

No Vortech.

IMG_9637_zps6ff83d5a.jpg

IMG_9635_zps770ca6bf.jpg

Well... The time has come. The GT is going to be sold. It's been a fun run, but it's simply time for a change. I've done about everything I can with this car, and I've learned a lot from it. I will be listing it up for sale soon.

I got the underhood completed today.

IMG_9642_zps3bb2d008.jpg

Found my spare tire and all of the trunk panels. The spare tire is mint. It shows how well this car has been taken care of.

IMG_9644_zps32a483c1.jpg

Put it in.

IMG_9646_zps4fa36430.jpg

And got the trunk back in minty fresh condition.

IMG_9647_zpsfdca0f41.jpg

Then I pulled all of the gauges out and cleaned up the interior. It's so freaking mint.

IMG_9648_zpsd5b7bc80.jpg

IMG_9653_zps56962772.jpg

IMG_9650_zps8ed6f447.jpg

IMG_9654_zps45d6231f.jpg

I would respond yes or no, but I'm still up in the air on what I'm wanting to do with the car.

you can be up in the air over bumps.....if ya bag dat biiiitch :P 

see what i did there^? heh? did ya? 

you can be up in the air over bumps.....if ya bag dat biiiitch :P

see what i did there^? heh? did ya? 

Hahah I was hoping someone would notice what I did there.

oh my! there must be something bigger and better coming?! and by bigger i mean newer and faster?!!?

You sir would be correct. How new and how fast is the question that I've got to answer for myself.. There's almost too many options out there!

I'll be sad to see it go. Super clean car though that will make someone else very happy. The stance on that car was really great, but I always wondered how the heck you could stand to drive it. Good luck to you and your next project. You'll have to let us know what it is even if it isn't an SN95.

I'll be sad to see it go. Super clean car though that will make someone else very happy. The stance on that car was really great, but I always wondered how the heck you could stand to drive it. Good luck to you and your next project. You'll have to let us know what it is even if it isn't an SN95.

Thanks man! It actually drove and rode pretty great, just had to be cautious when driving in unfamiliar places. I'm seriously on the prowl for a Terminator, so I'll be sure to start a build thread on that once I get one.

Well well well...

Looks like my Mustang ADD has kicked in once again. After a week of having the car up for sale I haven't had anyone but tire kickers interested in it. And even if any one of the people had the money to buy the car, I wouldn't sell it to them because I know they'd ruin the car within a month. Soo looks like I'm stuck with it. Also, I drove a Terminator this week and was disappointed to say the least. The T56 didn't feel "good" to me and it really didn't feel any better than my car. I almost bought a Sonic Blue Termi, but it fell through. So let V2.0 begin..

To start off, my tuner dropped by to get my tune flashed back to stock. The car is now drivable again. I also put in some $100 shocks/struts.

IMG_9715_zps79acbd03.jpg

Then I threw my 2 HRE's on.

IMG_9721_zpsedad36f5.jpg

Then I made a trip to pick up my third pair of Weld RT-S's. Lol. They were a good deal so I couldn't resist.

IMG_9732_zps83b90b18.jpg

To say it's a meaty fitment is an understatement.

IMG_9733_zps81f439ac.jpg

IMG_9736_zps9de4bf75.jpg

IMG_9739_zps0a604f60.jpg

Then I polished the wheels.

IMG_9745_zps3eb7a197.jpg

Dat suspension doe

IMG_9746_zps0dab7cdb.jpg

IMG_9738_zpsd70334b7.jpg

Then I started fabbing up a test run of a coil pack relocation bracket. This is something I've always wanted to do, and I'll need the room up front. biggrin.png

IMG_9755_zps03b46244.jpg

Holes drilled and cut.

IMG_9758_zps5307bbdc.jpg

They fit.

IMG_9762_zps6429b34a.jpg

IMG_9760_zps8b3a2ddf.jpg

Not bad for my first time trying to make a bracket I suppose. I'll get some thicker steel and make the real thing later this week I hope.

IMG_9764_zpsf0169b11.jpg

I'm about to drop a ton of money on this thing. Stay tuned.

Glad you're keeping it. One of if not the nicest SN95 around here. Love the stance on this thing. Really need to find me some Mach 5s.

Thanks man! I'm tossing around the idea of selling them, PM me if you're interested. You're not far from me, so we could meet up and not have to worry about shipping.

Thanks man! I'm tossing around the idea of selling them, PM me if you're interested. You're not far from me, so we could meet up and not have to worry about shipping.

Yeah man. I've seen your RTS and coilover setup for sale but I didn't reallize it was this car till I saw this thread. Ill send you a pm about them.

Glad to see you're keeping it! The HRE's look awesome, I didn't think I'd ever say this but with you, @haterbuilt and @jedpony, HRE's are starting to take over on this site, lol.

Those Mickeys look crazy on there, looks like a 9 second car haha. RTS's are a very sexy drag wheel though, I can't blame you for snagging them. Some aggressive fender rolling could probably get them to clear.

Glad to see you're keeping it! The HRE's look awesome, I didn't think I'd ever say this but with you, @haterbuilt and @jedpony, HRE's are starting to take over on this site, lol.

Those Mickeys look crazy on there, looks like a 9 second car haha. RTS's are a very sexy drag wheel though, I can't blame you for snagging them. Some aggressive fender rolling could probably get them to clear.

Thanks! Funny you mention @haterbuilt, because he owned both the HRE's and the Welds that are currently on the car, lol.

Yeah I love the Mickeys! I'm planning on getting 17" Alumastar front runners and figuring out how I'm going to source some rear HRE's.

im glad your keeping it but please get a cop conversion lol

Nahh for now I'm going to stick with the coil packs. COP is too expensive.

Small update- On3 kit is ordered. So is a UPR Mild Steel K-member kit. My suspension is on backorder so I gotta find another vendor that has it in stock. So far I've had no luck though.

Made a little more progress on it today.

I extended my coil pack wires today.

IMG_9768_zps8c7b5bbf.jpg

This was my first time ever using solder and heat shrink. It took a while to get the hang of it, but I finally got it.

IMG_1901_zpsa9f72aeb.jpg

The front is much less cluttered. Don't mind the mess at the firewall, I just threw the coil packs back there to make sure it still ran smoothly.

IMG_5084_zps3ad23c75.jpg

The crap that I got rid of.

IMG_0480_zpsc57334e3.jpg

Spring Break is next week. I'm expecting all of my parts to be here by Monday, so I should have the car nearly completed by next weekend.

I swear companies piss me off. I messaged a company to make sure they had my suspension in stock before I ordered it. They said it was in stock and ready to ship. What do you know, they contact me today and say they're on back order for up to 5 weeks.. Soo I had to order another ghetto coilover sleeve kit for the front just to get me on the road until I order my bags.

I was going to go with the BC racing coilovers. I love them on my wrx, so i figured I'd try them out. Apparently they're very hard to get ahold of, lol

That's cool, I definitely feel you on wanting a proper coilover rather than the sleeve designs. I had my heart set on some KW Variant 3's for a while but could never get myself to pull the trigger. A while back, KSport was working with a guy on TalkDrift forums (like 2+ years ago when it was called driftmustang.com) to offer full threaded body coilovers but it never seemed to come to fruition. I haven't heard any real life reviews of those new Raceland coilovers on the market, but they do have a "budget" appearance to them that doesn't make me expect anything great from them.

I'm surprised you like the BC Racing coil-overs that well on your WRX.  I've always read about how they're a budget oriented setup.  Then again, there are so many brand nutswingers on NASIOC it's hard to know what to believe sometimes.

Have to say, too, this is one of the most entertaining build threads I've read in some time.  Very interested to see how this car progresses.  Can't wait to see it bagged and making all of the Mustang purists angry! :2thumb:

Can't wait to see it bagged and making all of the Mustang purists angry! :2thumb:

That's something I'm personally looking forward to when I get mine finished and post pictures of it bagged on SVTP...should be interesting lol. Purists can S my D lol.

Yeah NASIOC is full of nutswingers like that. I love my coilovers and they were even used when I put them in. They ride great.

that's good to hear as i was leaning toward BC's for my infiniti when i lower it.

That's something I'm personally looking forward to when I get mine finished and post pictures of it bagged on SVTP...should be interesting lol. Purists can S my D lol.

Someone hating on your car... I just don't see that ever happening. Lol. It's just too perfect.

that's good to hear as i was leaning toward BC's for my infiniti when i lower it.

I definitely recommend them. They're amazing for the price.

Someone hating on your car... I just don't see that ever happening. Lol. It's just too perfect.

Thanks man! I've had a hater here and there over the years though, I don't sweat it though because I'm just building what's in my head regardless of what people think lol. Bags are a polarizing topic in the mustang scene though, so we shall see haha.

I gots a few parts today!

First I picked up a Professional Products 75mm TB/Plenum. Not my first choice, but for $50 I figured I could use it until I get a Victor Jr and make a little when I go to sell it.

How it looked

IMG_9797_zps386f1846.jpg

And after taking the crooked stickers off and polishing it

IMG_9801_zps8d42aea5.jpg

Then these boxes showed up..

IMG_9808_zpsfa5b8f73.jpg

UPR K-member, A-arms, and Strange coilover sleeves.

IMG_9809_zpsbd8c9a0f.jpg

My headers

IMG_9811_zps0b2221d1.jpg

The welds and V-bands look good to me.

IMG_9813_zps423612ff.jpg

IMG_9815_zps1d73f93d.jpg

IMG_9814_zpsb646ff93.jpg

IMG_2822_zps8624bcce.jpg

IMG_1147_zps8b029255.jpg

IMG_4065_zpsfb298662.jpg

IMG_4477_zps46eb2de8.jpg

IMG_9833_zps69f17b8f.jpg

IMG_9834_zps7e2b5b6b.jpg

IMG_9835_zpsea8b1045.jpg

Overall, I'm VERY pleased with the kit. I haven't found any problems with anything yet, other than a few burrs on the headers that I need to file down. I can't wait to get started on it!