Prokiller

Full Moon Friday Garage w/ attached house

I used to think it was kind of silly for people to have generators.  Lets be fair, the average person almost never has a use for one (though sounds like you have plenty).  Then my in-laws place got decemated in a tornado last year and the only thing keeping their home from being looted was a generator my wife and I picked up for them and a few lights they got going.  I'll never think they're silly again.

Man it seems like every other house up here has one. Being so far from power stations and still having above ground wires and a shit ton of trees, power is out probably once or tower a year for certain. Be glad you got one! Never know when it'll go out and youd end up losing all the food in the nice new fridge ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man it seems like every other house up here has one. Being so far from power stations and still having above ground wires and a shit ton of trees, power is out probably once or tower a year for certain. Be glad you got one! Never know when it'll go out and youd end up losing all the food in the nice new fridge ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pretty much our thinking.  my biggest concern is the time without power.  if it goes out for a day, no biggie.  however, we're down a dead end street with only 12 houses on it.  we are at the bottom of the priority list to get fixed.  apparently they lost power last year numerous times for days at a time. the longest being 5 days.  and that was in the dead of winter.  so it's not just the food, it's the heat also. 

got this stuff last night so i can start to modify the fridge cabinet to fit.

A6B17B19-04E4-4806-B943-81F54295313B_zps

We pulled the fridge out and moved it to the otherside of the kitchen for now so i can work on the cabinet and then bring the new fridge right in and transfer the food over.  once the old one is done, we'll move it downstairs.  thankfully the cabinet is supported from the ceiling so that side panel isn't retaining any weight.  so lucked out there.  taped up my cut area, and measured and drew out the cut line.  It was getting too late to start cutting so i called it a night.  will pick this back up thursday morning.  with any luck they will deliver it in the afternoon and it will give me time to get the cabinet at least cut and the pieces removed before it gets cluttered up.  

there is a concern about the flooring though.  The floor is currently linoleum and it was cut around the wall that i'm taking out.  so there will be a missing section of linoleum.  this will be on the edge of the fridge so you shouldn't be able to see it.  we do plan on replacing that floor sooner rather than later so i'll address it then.  

You won't regret Bosch. I have nothing but good things to say about every Bosch tool I've ever used.

I bought a variable speed Bosch palm sander a couple months back to replace a very loud and worn out Skil, and I honestly look forward to needing to sand things now.

• Moderators

Only Bosch tool I have is a brad nailer, but my friend who is a contractor has a ton of Bosch tools. He highly recommends them. I guess you really can't beat German engineering!

You won't regret Bosch. I have nothing but good things to say about every Bosch tool I've ever used.

I bought a variable speed Bosch palm sander a couple months back to replace a very loud and worn out Skil, and I honestly look forward to needing to sand things now.

I had read a bunch of reviews and comparison articles and the bosch was always on the winner.  also couldn't beat it being knocked down $30 for the holiday sales.  looking forward to firing it up tomorrow morning.  Fridge is supposed to arrive between 3-5 so if i can have it cut out, sanded, and painted by then i will be quite happy.  really that's all i'll have to do so it shouldn't be a problem.  of course that's barring any complications like the cabinet falling from the ceiling or something.

really that's all i'll have to do so it shouldn't be a problem.  of course that's barring any complications like the cabinet falling from the ceiling or something.

Dont jinx yourself man!!

Im with Dan ive owned a ton of bosch and the only tools that are junk are there nail guns lol other than that I have no complaints

where did you get it ? i need a good jig saw

lowes.

started with the up cut on the left.  did it free hand and it turned out good.  then setup a straight edge across the front.  yeah that didn't work out so well.  i set it up perfectly with the cut line but i'm thinking because of cutting on the side it kept having the blade sink down.  i couldn't readjust the cut then because of the straight edge was in the way.  i ended up pulling the straight edge off and just doing it free hand.  ended up that the freehand 2nd half was better than the straight edged 1st half.

C4766C27-0DFB-4AA2-BCD6-00EFAA14AD95_zps

this is what i'm talking about.  this is the bad spot.

CAB5DCAE-0079-4020-8123-BA3F26A7DCB2_zps

the side then turned out meh.  it got a little wavy towards the end because i was going up against the wall and couldn't see the line as well.  

65537597-4A6A-4EF0-99CA-054F9165AA9B_zps

and the final product ready for the new fridge.  the floor as you can see has an indentation from where the wall was.  the fridge will cover it up so i'm not that concerned.  we'll fix it when i redo the floor.  fridge should be here in the next couple hours.

fridge was supposed to be delivered between 3-5.  got a call at 5:10 asking if they can deliver it between 6-8.  They finally showed up at 7:40.  had to take the front door off it's hinges, and remove the hardware for the storm door to get it in the house.  they hooked up the water line and plugged it in and we we're good to go except for the fact that it was all kinds of wobbly.  of course the put the right rear wheel in that little floor cutout.  so after they left, we pulled it out and moved it over.  the floor is not quite level in this area, it slopes up towards the wall.  So after bringing the feet down on the front we had a nice and level fridge.

77B0C9E4-1D96-4677-A2BA-154621C6459F_zps

so much room for activities!!

4D980C15-3C1B-4AE6-A40D-8F5DAECA7F2E_zps

the gap is really tight (that's what she said)

76BD44A9-EC84-42FB-919F-91209797BED4_zps

looks like if we want to put the upper cabinet doors back on i'll have to cut the bottoms off.  i knew it was going to be close but because of the floor not being quite level it pushes the front up more than i had anticipated.  i'll see what i can do about this saturday.

70701C1C-34BF-4021-8E02-02A833CB34BB_zps

and of course priorities

0C71640E-6E01-44D5-91FD-7814E3F06267_zps

fridge was supposed to be delivered between 3-5.  got a call at 5:10 asking if they can deliver it between 6-8.  They finally showed up at 7:40.  had to take the front door off it's hinges, and remove the hardware for the storm door to get it in the house.  they hooked up the water line and plugged it in and we we're good to go except for the fact that it was all kinds of wobbly.  of course the put the right rear wheel in that little floor cutout.  so after they left, we pulled it out and moved it over.  the floor is not quite level in this area, it slopes up towards the wall.  So after bringing the feet down on the front we had a nice and level fridge.

77B0C9E4-1D96-4677-A2BA-154621C6459F_zps

so much room for activities!!

the gap is really tight (that's what she said)

looks like if we want to put the upper cabinet doors back on i'll have to cut the bottoms off.  i knew it was going to be close but because of the floor not being quite level it pushes the front up more than i had anticipated.  i'll see what i can do about this saturday.

Didn't have to read to the end to see the dilemma. Don't waist time with that cabinet pull it off the wall youll be much happier.

Didn't have to read to the end to see the dilemma. Don't waist time with that cabinet pull it off the wall youll be much happier.

that is a valid point, however, it's not as simple as this job.  i would still have to cut/paint things to make it work.  the electric for the microwave runs up through that fridge area and is attached to this cabinet so i would have figure something out for that as well as make the trim up top of the microwave cabinet line up.  this was the easier solution for now.  you can't see that the lines are crooked unless you really look for it.  and besides, only tall people like you and me could even see the top.  

on a related note, the old fridge is now downstairs.  handtrucked it out the front and around the back of the house to get it in.  screw taking it down the stairs.  i let it sit for a couple days to let the freon settle before i turn it back on.  not to mention i still have to give it a thorough cleaning before putting it back into service.

0CAB5CDA-DA0D-4709-97B2-B105E221EFDB_zps

and the last piece of outdoor power equipment i hope to buy for the like the next decade got delivered yesterday.

D23528B7-23F3-4747-A011-DC5333EA292D_zps

Ariens deluxe 28+.  28" 14 ft/tq snow blower.  

and the last piece of outdoor power equipment i hope to buy for the like the next decade got delivered yesterday.

D23528B7-23F3-4747-A011-DC5333EA292D_zps

Ariens deluxe 28+.  28" 14 ft/tq snow blower.  

Here i was starting to think everyone lived south of the snow belt ;)  You're gonna love that snow blower, my dad has one that is a very similar model and it works great! 

it figures too that i got it yesterday and we have a Nor'easter coming up the coast that was supposed to be just rain today and tomorrow.  then last night right at 10:30 my wife looks at the weather and they upgraded it to not only a winter mix and winter storm advisory to also starting overnight.  which you would think would be fine and perfect since i got the snow blower....except that i used all the gas i had to fill up the generator and hadn't refilled the cans yet...so an 11pm run to wawa just to get gas.  and of course because i did that, its just raining.  you know if i hadn't, i would have woke up to like 10" of snow.

it figures too that i got it yesterday and we have a Nor'easter coming up the coast that was supposed to be just rain today and tomorrow.  then last night right at 10:30 my wife looks at the weather and they upgraded it to not only a winter mix and winter storm advisory to also starting overnight.  which you would think would be fine and perfect since i got the snow blower....except that i used all the gas i had to fill up the generator and hadn't refilled the cans yet...so an 11pm run to wawa just to get gas.  and of course because i did that, its just raining.  you know if i hadn't, i would have woke up to like 10" of snow.

lol sorry, i have to laugh at that.  Just shitty timing for sure!

love the kitchen man. nice appliances no doubt!!!

i'd keep the cabinet above the fridge. kinda anchors the room if that makes sense. maybo just do something like this...

2lwrxub.jpg

be pretty easy to make i'm sure. throw a wine rack in it with a gang of liquor call it a day lol. 

I have the doors back on it now to "finish" it.  i like that second chop though @tony.  would look pretty good in there i think.  I had thought about doing something like a display case area but not sure if I want to leave it open or not. 

we do already have a wine rack cabinet, although it's not complete yet. 

219E7118-CFDE-45A0-A487-2D8B35A4D817_zps

love the kitchen man. nice appliances no doubt!!!

i'd keep the cabinet above the fridge. kinda anchors the room if that makes sense. maybo just do something like this...

2lwrxub.jpg

be pretty easy to make i'm sure. throw a wine rack in it with a gang of liquor call it a day lol. 

what in the hell lol? anyone else seeing 2 old men on a couch here?  :huh:

anywho i like that color in your kitchen a lot. we need to repaint our kitchen. for like 8 years now we've had this dark ass red lol. 

what in the hell lol? anyone else seeing 2 old men on a couch here?  :huh:

anywho i like that color in your kitchen a lot. we need to repaint our kitchen. for like 8 years now we've had this dark ass red lol. 

you looking at the towel hanging on the stove?  it's an old timey snowman

well this is some weird shit!!! i chopped a pic of ryan's cabinet yesterday and posted it...but now all i see is 2 golfer looking old men sitting on a couch. i posted it ^^ you see that right?