Josh@RideTech

Project Pro-Touring Fox

so what shows will this car be at this summer? i'd like to see it in person.

*Hopefully* I get to take the car to the tuner here shortly and let him fix whatever it's got going on with it.  After that, I'm going to be pushing some pieces to the paint shop shortly after and then the car will be sitting until the snow clears..... I'm going to have the car out at as many shows as I possibly can!  

Well, good night last night!  The only thing I hadn't adjusted on the car until Saturday was where I had the idle set at.  I drove it around after it warmed up and it felt like an absolute animal... I haven't got on the car too hard because it's not tuned properly BUT it will blow the tires off with little effort ;).

The guy tuning my car came over last night and hooked it up to his computer, everything looked good!  He made a couple of tweaks and went home after about 30 minutes.  I need to put more miles on the car but my fingers are crossed, I hope everything works out good!

It's at work with me today!  I almost didn't bring it.  I pulled it out of the garage, went around the block, and it started popping.  The boiling blood going through my body must've made my foot hit the gas pedal.  A quick throttle blip to 4k and it stopped popping.  Whether or not that did anything, I don't know, but that's what I'm going with :P.  I think it was just cold, lol.  I gave it a quick pull in the parking lot and it seems like it wants to run!! :D

I tore the car apart a couple of nights ago to tidy some things up.  At the moment, I'm prepping it for the Wolfe Racecraft cage, cleaning up some wiring under the dash (I think I'm going to relocate the Dakota Digital ecu under one of the seats so extending wire is in order), laying down some sound deadening, and start fabbing up the rear seat delete.  I bought a welder last night so I'm ready to start making some of my own BS parts :D.  

image1_zpsqmti0ajl.jpg

She went under the knife this weekend (for many hours).  I spent Saturday and Sunday taking the inside apart and tigging in the Wolfe Racecraft cage.  I made a couple of modifications to make it fit the way that I wanted but it was a really nice kit.  The new carpet and rest of the interior will be in shortly but I wanted to throw these pictures up while I had the chance.  While I had the grinder/welders going, I finished putting the Stiffler's FIT system on.  Like a typical fox, my frame rails/pinch welds had been used as jacking points in the past, which made more work for myself.  After bending the pinch welds back into place, I was able to get everything tacked into place and finish welded on.  This car should be extremely solid now!  I'll get more pictures of the Stiffler's system when I get all of the welds painted up.  It's an unbelievably nice kit. 

cage3_zpsmbt3rotb.jpg

cage4_zpsxbtlmzze.jpg

cage2_zpsos6xtpe9.jpg

What was your preferred method to bend the pinch welds back into shape?  Whoever owned my car before me FUBAR'd mine.  It's one of those things I've always intended to address but have never gotten around to.

55 minutes ago, Tabres said:

What was your preferred method to bend the pinch welds back into shape?  Whoever owned my car before me FUBAR'd mine.  It's one of those things I've always intended to address but have never gotten around to.

I bought a set of the Vise Grip sheet metal pliers.  The clamp is about 3" wide and it worked out great.  Mine were bad!!

164183-c_zpsbiczogln.jpg

40 minutes ago, tony said:

steering wheel and seats look really good together man! 

Thanks Tony!  I'm happy with the way it's all looking.  I really need to get it buttoned up.  I've got alot of work to do before I take it to get painted in 2 weeks!!

3 hours ago, Josh@RideTech said:

Thanks Tony!  I'm happy with the way it's all looking.  I really need to get it buttoned up.  I've got alot of work to do before I take it to get painted in 2 weeks!!

i probably missed where you said it was getting a repaint...what color? 

A lot of the old pics aren't working, but I can see from the videos and the latest few posts, this is one seriously bad ass Fox!  I like it a lot.  The Forgestars are sweet.  I've never seen any on a Fox.  The rest of the car is getting more and more racecar and less streetcar with the latest round of the roll bar, the steering wheel, and seats.  Not a bad thing at all though.

16 hours ago, SublimeRT said:

A lot of the old pics aren't working, but I can see from the videos and the latest few posts, this is one seriously bad ass Fox!  I like it a lot.  The Forgestars are sweet.  I've never seen any on a Fox.  The rest of the car is getting more and more racecar and less streetcar with the latest round of the roll bar, the steering wheel, and seats.  Not a bad thing at all though.

I switched everything over to a different account and lost most of my pictures :(.  I appreciate it!  It's been a huge project but I'm loving it.  The Forgestars are something different and I really wanted this build to be different that most of the other foxes out there!  I'll drive it on the street as much as I can but I do plan on driving the car hard.  It is becoming a little more racecar-ish but that was part of the plan as well, it'll be on the track as much as possible too :D.  The goal was to make something a little different, clean, and badass all at the same time! Haha.  I appreciate the compliment!!

josh being that you work for ridetech and are a serious car guy....do you see doing anything with an air suspension on any future cars you own/build? or is that just not your cup of tea? 

55 minutes ago, tony said:

josh being that you work for ridetech and are a serious car guy....do you see doing anything with an air suspension on any future cars you own/build? or is that just not your cup of tea? 

I definitely have plans for the future.  With the car that I have now (and the ones in the past), I haven't felt like they were right for air suspension.  Something about the style I built them to made me stick with a static height.  Like your car, I think it has the perfect wheels, rockers, hood, etc... everything flows perfectly and works with the air suspension!  I haven't felt that any of my cars would "flow" with an air suspension.  However, I am anxiously waiting for the day when I can comfortably build one of two trucks to the caliber I'm dreaming of.  I want to do a '69 F100 or a '58 Apache.  Whichever one I do, will without a doubt, be on air!  

1 hour ago, Josh@RideTech said:

I definitely have plans for the future.  With the car that I have now (and the ones in the past), I haven't felt like they were right for air suspension.  Something about the style I built them to made me stick with a static height.  Like your car, I think it has the perfect wheels, rockers, hood, etc... everything flows perfectly and works with the air suspension!  I haven't felt that any of my cars would "flow" with an air suspension.  However, I am anxiously waiting for the day when I can comfortably build one of two trucks to the caliber I'm dreaming of.  I want to do a '69 F100 or a '58 Apache.  Whichever one I do, will without a doubt, be on air!  

i agree not everything should be on air. when i was 16 years old and just got my license my grandfather gave me his 69 f100....what i would do to have that thing now :( but yea, that fox is perfectly setup the way you have it now...i wouldn't bag that either lol. in fact i don't think i'd bag a fox body at all. i'd love to see what you'd do with an f100 though. i've always loved classic trucks with a somewhat stock exterior complete with all the chrome trim, bumpers even the big ass mirrors bagged on big ol billets :P 

21 hours ago, tony said:

i agree not everything should be on air. when i was 16 years old and just got my license my grandfather gave me his 69 f100....what i would do to have that thing now :( but yea, that fox is perfectly setup the way you have it now...i wouldn't bag that either lol. in fact i don't think i'd bag a fox body at all. i'd love to see what you'd do with an f100 though. i've always loved classic trucks with a somewhat stock exterior complete with all the chrome trim, bumpers even the big ass mirrors bagged on big ol billets :P 

I wish you still had the truck too!  A bagged fox body has to be done just right.  I think the SN95, S197, and S550 platforms are perfect for bags!  Hopefully I get the opportunity to build an F100 someday!!

and FINALLY, here are some good updates!

The Stiffler's FIT system is on the car, the cage is done, and the car is SOLID!  I'll be painting the cage and putting the carpet back in it over the weekend.  If everything goes as planned, the car is going to Cincinnati to get painted at the end of next week :D.  I'm getting excited guys.....

fitsystem_zpsclakitwr.jpg

cage6_zpscie1t758.jpg

cage5_zpspn71eezb.jpg

Looks great under there and the roll bar too.  I have a Wolfe kit for my car as well and it is nice, even though I've decided to change it up quite a bit.  And Spin Tech mufflers?  I have one of those on my truck.  I like it.  Racecar-ish and beating on it on the track are good too!  Haha, I like your style.  I need to catch a ride in someone's Fox or SN with all the subframe connectors, roll bar, and chassis stiffening goodies.  Seeing how one feels that doesn't feel like a wet noodle is one of the biggest things I look forward to with my car. 

Looks awesome Josh! Glad to see it coming together! I can't wait to see what you do with paint on this, I thought the old black looked pretty badass as-is!