Josh@RideTech

Project Pro-Touring Fox

I was this |---| close to getting one on eBay for a song, then I was outbid by a lot in the end.

Check out Hobby Lobby.  I got this one there a month or so ago for $15 :D

Love the caution sign!

Haha, it fits me well.  Occasionally, I get to that point where I need to go inside and quit working on the car... but I stay outside... and get mad.

Yesterday, I about threw some tools.... I didn't crack a beverage... I went inside.

The bolt that holds the rear caliper bracket on stripped the threads out, so I'm pulling the passenger side axle back out and re-tapping it or getting a new one.  

but.... it's a new day.

That really sucks man! That's the great thing about a car not being something you need to drive...shit goes wrong... just walk away and come back fresh another time. 

It does... I'm just frustrated as it seems like I've had to do everything on this car twice when I've really been trying to follow everything by the book.  I agree, I don't necessarily need the car so that makes it better... I just want to drive it.  Bad.  I'm going nuts right now!  

Sometimes to do things right you need to do them a few times to get perfect.  

When setting up the new rear and gears I don't know how many times we pulled the diff and pinion to get the proper shims.

Haha, I went through that once already when I put this new diff in!  I just have to pull the axle out, it's easy but time consuming when I should be doing something else!  

Car is looking and sounding great Josh!

Thanks, Tom!  I'm looking forward to getting the rest of your parts down in BG :D

Does nascar and Nhra need "break in time"?!? I think not!!!!!!!!!!!

$-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Actually I'm pretty sure NASCAR teams dyno there engines before going into the cars.  So they probably do a short break-in there.  Not to mention they practice before each race.  

NHRA -  Well Pro-stock on down probably also have dyno time and a little break-in period.  Top Fuel rebuilds after every run.  They only really just set in the clutches and rings before the runs.