Steve-Oh

Eons for eons....

Yep, Ed will get you set right. Make sure you mention the problem you have/had and he'll get you the correct distributor gear.

One of these days I'm gonna go over his house and see if I can't motivate him to finally finish his car. I'd love to have a shot of our two cars together... Like, at the track.

Been in the garage the past few days tearing into it. Got pretty much everything taken out underneath and the fluids drained so once I build the winch mount for the garage floor I should be able to transfer it to the other side to pull it. Just looking at it makes me want to punch a small child, so depressing. Good news is, while this totally sucks monkey balls, I found a few mistakes I made that I would of otherwise gone un-noticed for a while. For starters my shifter was never fully tightened down nor was it sealed so the bolts were just loosely holding it on, wonderful. And my steering shaft is way too close to my headers and it seized up. I need to borrow an engine hoist again from someone then build a crate to ship this damn thing in. Progress. :nerd:

Getting ready to move it over to the other side of the garage this week so I can get the motor out. As some of you may of saw in my "how-to" thread a while back that my driveway is very much inclined and an absolute bitch to try pushing this monstrosity into the garage. Since I was in a bind I used the quad's winch to yank it in last time. Although this is a great pinch method it has it's drawbacks, IE the car weighs about 5x's the quad, the other side of the garage is not as deep and has no rear exit to run the winch line. This then gave me to idea to use the trailer winch and apply it somehow to a stand that I can bolt to the floor. It's funny [MENTION=7]OnyxCobra[/MENTION] that you had mentioned this very idea in that thread and just saw it after I built it.

Anyways here's how I did the mount. I used 2x2x3/16 steel angle I had sitting around, 1/2" drop-in anchors and 1/2x1-1/2 hardware, should be plenty sturdy enough.

10661586045_0745ea0626_b.jpg

10661624316_598b2a5604_b.jpg

Test fit

10661594445_0b3794faf9_b.jpg

After I welded the legs on

10661631256_8a8937d5db_b.jpg

10661635346_070d6f3ae5_b.jpg

Drilled 5/8" holes in the slab for the 1/2" anchors.

10661605395_ae1ace80a5_b.jpg

These are the 1/2" anchors. These thing are gold and real easy to use. This allows me to remove the bracket/hardware and plug the hole up so it's like it was never there! Their shear strength is 4500lbs each, plenty good enough.

10661608735_9fe46ff743_b.jpg

10661648814_6fc3be093c_b.jpg

10661652564_96dcba7f5c_b.jpg

Boom, all done! The fairlead for the winch mounts on the face of the winch body which are plugged up with plastic bolts right now, need to get hardware for that tomorrow. I think the next upgrade for this winch is going to be synthetic rope, which is what I have on the quad winch. The steel cable just makes me super nervous.

Badass man! Those welds look great also :thumb:

This could be added to the "You Know You Own a Mustang When" thread as:

"When you have to build a winch into your garage floor to move your mustang around" lolololol

Badass man! Those welds look great also :thumb:

This could be added to the "You Know You Own a Mustang When" thread as:

"When you have to build a winch into your garage floor to move your mustang around" lolololol

Thanks Dan! Lmao yes I'll definitely have to add it to that thread.

Good stuff man, brain over brawn all damn day!

Absolutely! Pushing cars up driveways; ain't nobody got time for dat!

I use my lawn mower to push my shitbox back into the garage when I need something else in there.

HAHAHAHAHA! This gave me a good laugh!

That poor car. I wish I had a damn garage that was usable. Fawk!

I walked out there today and realized she turned into a shelf so I had to do something lol. Usable garage space is priceless man, I don't think I'd still have the car if I didn't have access to it.

Sent from Space

The girlfriend had me watch the second one last weekend. I didn't even know wtf a minion was or what these little Twinkie looking things were all over the internet.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 4S

The girlfriend had me watch the second one last weekend. I didn't even know wtf a minion was or what these little Twinkie looking things were all over the internet.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 4S

Girlfriend?!?!

http://youtu.be/smnMlmJykLE

Sent from Space

dude, that time lapse vid was awesome. what's that thing you put under the cable at the garage door area, just keeps the cable off the ground?

Lol thanks! It was another fairlead, the cable was dragging against the floor.

Sent from Space

Haha gotta love the stock wheels. I have 94 cobra wheels for alignments and such (although they won't fit anymore due to 6 pistonage) and its crazy how lame it makes my car look when they're on lol.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to sell my stock wheels... They haven't been on in about 8 years lol.

Steve-oh, the LS looks good!

I actually didn't know where they were lol. I sold my originals to a girl I used to date, regretted that move so I found these and I won't get rid of them.

lol thanks, it's for sale!

haha.  dude I was going to say you didn't have the 94/95 wheels.  Oh well, I finally let mine go.  Was never going to use them cause 8" wide and didn't need them sitting around any longer, plus they weren't in as good of shape as I would have liked.  If they were mint maybe i would have kept them but ended up getting $274 for them which i feel was pretty good considering nobody wants those wheels.

haha.  dude I was going to say you didn't have the 94/95 wheels.  Oh well, I finally let mine go.  Was never going to use them cause 8" wide and didn't need them sitting around any longer, plus they weren't in as good of shape as I would have liked.  If they were mint maybe i would have kept them but ended up getting $274 for them which i feel was pretty good considering nobody wants those wheels.

This is actually my second set, I regretted selling my originals to my ex so I found these for dirt cheap and will hold onto them for ever and ever and ever and ever!  But yes, they are still on there.

I know dude, I read the thread lol.  I was looking to pick up a set of 10th anniversary wheels for my secondary set since they're 9" but then i stumbled upon the RKs so it was an obvious choice.  I just don't need 3 sets of wheels.

Finally got hold of an engine hoist!  What a nightmare. 

Made the worlds most expensive shipping box and shoved it in there the other day.  Once I dropped it off at the freight place they put it right on a truck and sent it out immediately which I thought was pretty efficient. :2thumb:

Now what do I do?!  Sit and wait.... Might as well do a wire tuck. :wacko:

B7215710-0FFD-49C2-B57C-EDBDE1194069_zps

00D04EF9-4B2A-4C7C-909A-CC7963C86AC1_zps

C92A8A54-3E1F-4D2F-A224-2376C8A495DB_zps