Steve-Oh

Eons for eons....

Looks really good. You did a great job fixing that properly. Now that you're done welding in those areas I'd go back and shoot some paint or cavity wax, or both, inside the rails in those areas the best you can, if you haven't or weren't planning on it. I'm sure the heat from welding burned the paint off in there where you can't see.

Looks really good. You did a great job fixing that properly. Now that you're done welding in those areas I'd go back and shoot some paint or cavity wax, or both, inside the rails in those areas the best you can, if you haven't or weren't planning on it. I'm sure the heat from welding burned the paint off in there where you can't see.

Thanks Sublime! Yup completely agree. I have that Eastwood internal frame coating but I can't find the stupid spray nozzle for it, go figure. Need to order another can regardless.

Sent from Space

Great job @Steve-Oh! When are you coming to FL next?

Thanks Chris! Sooner than later, my sister moves there next week so it's basically a free vacation now!

Sent from Space

• Moderators

Thanks Chris! Sooner than later, my sister moves there next week so it's basically a free vacation now!

Sent from Space

Better make some time for T town!  I've got welding to do... and floors lol.

Better make some time for T town! I've got welding to do... and floors lol.

Lol t-town. I think I'm gonna just about have it with welding after this non sense!

Sent from Space

nice job man! was it just the one side that looked like that?

Thanks Will! Negative, both sides were rotted out. I just posted the one side because they basically looked exactly the same, didn't want to be more repetitive than I already am lol.

Sent from Space

Well I don't know WTF I'm doing...

Lol of course you do! I have faith. Mount your phone in the welding helmet, FaceTime me and you'll be a professional in no time!

Sent from Space

• Moderators

Lol of course you do! I have faith. Mount your phone in the welding helmet, FaceTime me and you'll be a professional in no time!

Sent from Space

Not a terrible idea...

Yeah, looking real good. It's gonna be super smooth. Reminds me of 95opal's bay a bit. I like the curve you put in it. Kinda like taking the curvy influences from the exterior into the bay.

Looking good man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Zach! 

Yeah, looking real good. It's gonna be super smooth. Reminds me of 95opal's bay a bit. I like the curve you put in it. Kinda like taking the curvy influences from the exterior into the bay.

Thanks Blaise!  Yup, that's where I got the idea from, his bay is ridiculous.   :o  

Lookin good @Steve-Oh!  I looked at mine yesterday... does that count?

Lol NO!! Hurry up and finish that honey-do list ;)    ... and Sister and Bro-in-law officially left for O-Town today.  :(

This thread has been like seeing into the future recently, I know there's no way around me ending up smoothing my bay after seeing all you guys killin it!

tumblr_mv2btgBQJ11sfc6p7o1_500.gif

Lol you know it's inevitable! :P   I wanna see your car cruising around this summer so no bay smoothing for you this year!! B-)

• Moderators

Lol NO!! Hurry up and finish that honey-do list ;)    ... and Sister and Bro-in-law officially left for O-Town today.  :(

So when is your first visit!?  The SN dropped a little further down the list yesterday when I took the 66 to the body shop finally... now I need to install the garage door opener and floor the attic while she is gone.

So when is your first visit!?  The SN dropped a little further down the list yesterday when I took the 66 to the body shop finally... now I need to install the garage door opener and floor the attic while she is gone.

Sooner then later!  My dad's driving down in May so I might bum a ride with him.

• Moderators

Sooner then later!  My dad's driving down in May so I might bum a ride with him.

Sweet!  I should have the floors done by then and might be back to working on the 95 about mid-May after school is over and parents are gone.

Sadly, that is finals week or I might be inclined to make the 2 hour drive.

That's fine, I'm flying into Tampa!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Well this weekend was a wash.  I dedicated Friday & Sunday to be alone time in the garage and it all went downhill from just the thought.  Went in to find the kitchen guys made good use of the limited space I had in there.

13709615044_b00da1c835_b.jpg

So my plans for my friend to come over, help me unload the crate and put the motor on the stand were canceled.  Ok so not a total waste right, there's other things to do. 

Plug in the welder and figured I'd weld out the engine panels, wrong again.  I knew my liner in the torch was going but it finally was just too unbearable to use.  If I even looked at it funny the wire wouldn't feed properly making it nearly impossible to weld overhead.  Went to the supply store to get a new one and they didn't have any in stock so it had to be ordered. 

Figured Sunday I could start routing wires but when I woke up it was WAY too nice out to be in the garage playing with wiring so I loaded up the bag, called my buddy and made a  b-line it to the golf course for 18. 

13709275743_52d105ba66_b.jpg

Called the welding supply store again on Monday and got the same response he gave me a twice prior "I'm expecting it no later than Wednesday...".  Well it's been two Wednesdays and still no liner.  Found another smaller Medical gas supply store a few towns over that I took a ride to today.  They're more focused on supplying gas but were more than happy to help me out.  After a few phone calls he was able to locate a liner and said they'll have it tomorrow.  Fingers crossed this isn't another run around.  Worst case is I convert everything over to .035 wire and call it a day, either way I'll be welding by this weekend!  

Welding supply shops always seem to screw me around. I still tell them it's for the company I used to work for, which always gets me where I want to go.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Good deal! And I'm sure the call back to the first place felt good telling them to forget it :2thumb:

It did but it'll feel even better when I have an actual liner in my hands lol! Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Welding supply shops always seem to screw me around. I still tell them it's for the company I used to work for, which always gets me where I want to go.

That's a good idea, I might just start using my buddies body shop as a cover ID lol.

I guess this is what I get for just not ordering one online.

Sent from Space

That's crazy they're having so much trouble getting a new liner for you. What kind of welder do you have?

I just have a small Home Depot 110 Lincoln. Places don't usually stock the smaller .030 liners which I understand but two weeks and "the run around" is unacceptable to me lol.

I want to upgrade machines so bad, local supply company carries a lot of nice used machines. Money is probably spent wisely elsewhere at this point though ;)

Sent from Space

I gotcha. Around here you can find Miller and Hobart parts everywhere but Lincoln stuff is hard to find besides what's at Lowes.

I too would like to upgrade my machine, but other stuff has to come first. I know the feeling.