95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

I can't find a link to the stuff I used as it was already split down the middle.  IT was basically tech flex made from fiberglass and was good to really hot temps...  They make it though, its out there...

I think I found some stuff that will work for me from Summit, split heat shielding for hoses that has a velcro closure, is rated for 1500 degrees and they claim it will reflect up to 90% of heat, it's a Summit brand of the same stuff DEI makes but for half the price. I ordered that along with some stick on heat shield to put on the floor above the cut outs and some DEI titanium lava rock exhaust wrap for the X pipe. Funny how it's almost impossible for me to place an order with Summit for less than $100, regardless of how cheap an item I intended to buy originally lol.

That exhaust is insane, love it. Well done 

Thanks Pete!

Logged on to the desktop, my day is complete!  Nice work Dan, welds look very good... ESPECIALLY being self taught.  Cheers!  :D

It's practically ready to drive!  Just needs air ride....

Logged on to the desktop, my day is complete!  Nice work Dan, welds look very good... ESPECIALLY being self taught.  Cheers!  :D

It's practically ready to drive!  Just needs air ride....

Tell me about it..... :angry:

Dan, I came across this kit for the rear brakes...

http://levyracing.com/store/12-2-4-piston-rear-irs-street-brake-kit-for-99-cobra-mustang-89-98-t-bird-and-mark-vii

Not sure if you are still looking, but it seems like a feasible option.

That's actually the guy that is developing the 13" 4 piston Wilwood kit for me. That kit you linked to only fits the Factory Five Cobra knuckle which is different than the Ford IRS knuckle. I sent him one of my knuckles and he developed new brackets. They're supposed to be available soon :2thumb:

that link doesn't work for me.  But funny I saw this today and thought of you as well but I am sure it doesn't allow for irs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/79-04-FORD-MUSTANG-BREMBO-GRAN-TURISMO-GT-345mm-2-PIECE-REAR-BRAKE-KIT-/301175324176?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item461f72be10&vxp=mtr

Yea that's a solid axle setup only, I'm guessing it doesn't include rotor rings or calipers at that price, lol. The Brembo Gran Turismo kits are always mega bucks.

Anyway, I have some time slated (FINALLY) to work on the car this weekend. I haven't been able to even touch the car the last 2 weekends :(

Where did you purchase your front brakes from? And did you use the stock MC setup, or a Wilwood setup? I've been eyeing the setup you have for a few years and when you got it, I went into super jealousy mode. Unfortunately the wheels are turning already for winter projects lol.

Where did you purchase your front brakes from? And did you use the stock MC setup, or a Wilwood setup? I've been eyeing the setup you have for a few years and when you got it, I went into super jealousy mode. Unfortunately the wheels are turning already for winter projects lol.

I got the kit from TCE Performance, it took a few weeks for them to put it together because most mustang Wilwood kits you see use the superlite caliper, mine uses the W6A caliper which is a heavier duty caliper. He said they have the files to make the brackets, but they sell mostly superlite kits so the W6A kit is a build to order kind of thing. I'm keeping the Cobra master cylinder, I've done a lot of looking around on Corner Carvers and other racing forums and they all seem to agree the Cobra master is a really good setup for a big brake kit if you're looking to stick with factory. I might upgrade to a Wilwood master in the future, delete the ABS, etc. but for now I'm keeping the cobra master for simplicity and budget reasons. I'm going to look into a proportioning valve though, since I'm making a big upgrade over the factory single piston rear caliper, I'm going to need to adjust the bias so I don't lock up the rear lol.

That's actually the guy that is developing the 13" 4 piston Wilwood kit for me. That kit you linked to only fits the Factory Five Cobra knuckle which is different than the Ford IRS knuckle. I sent him one of my knuckles and he developed new brackets. They're supposed to be available soon :2thumb:

Yea that's a solid axle setup only, I'm guessing it doesn't include rotor rings or calipers at that price, lol. The Brembo Gran Turismo kits are always mega bucks.

Anyway, I have some time slated (FINALLY) to work on the car this weekend. I haven't been able to even touch the car the last 2 weekends :(

I feel the same way.  I was was looking forward to getting back into it and making some headway on the things I put on the list to get dome.  I was just getting back on my feet and looking forward to welding the pss

But yea saw this and it said I has space for the parking break so there has to be a way too do it..

Yep I'm 100% confident I'll be able to make a bracket to mount a spot caliper for the parking brake @ttocs I'm just holding off buying the spot calipers until I at least have the rear brake kit in my possession. No reason I couldn't buy them now, just spreading out the purchases, lol. This shit snowballed quite a bit when I decided to do brakes!

I am here for this weekend's progress.  :)

I got the kit from TCE Performance, it took a few weeks for them to put it together because most mustang Wilwood kits you see use the superlite caliper, mine uses the W6A caliper which is a heavier duty caliper. He said they have the files to make the brackets, but they sell mostly superlite kits so the W6A kit is a build to order kind of thing. I'm keeping the Cobra master cylinder, I've done a lot of looking around on Corner Carvers and other racing forums and they all seem to agree the Cobra master is a really good setup for a big brake kit if you're looking to stick with factory. I might upgrade to a Wilwood master in the future, delete the ABS, etc. but for now I'm keeping the cobra master for simplicity and budget reasons. I'm going to look into a proportioning valve though, since I'm making a big upgrade over the factory single piston rear caliper, I'm going to need to adjust the bias so I don't lock up the rear lol.

Yep I'm 100% confident I'll be able to make a bracket to mount a spot caliper for the parking brake @ttocs I'm just holding off buying the spot calipers until I at least have the rear brake kit in my possession. No reason I couldn't buy them now, just spreading out the purchases, lol. This shit snowballed quite a bit when I decided to do brakes!

Looking at the Brembo's iRoush is selling has me updating most of my braking system.  I have already put a junction in place of the ABS pump but now I might as well just re-plumb all the brake lines up front.  Might as well use Wilwood's prop valve, and hell they sell the valve in a kit with their master cylinder, might as well do it all at once.  Snowball = level expert

Looking at the Brembo's iRoush is selling has me updating most of my braking system.  I have already put a junction in place of the ABS pump but now I might as well just re-plumb all the brake lines up front.  Might as well use Wilwood's prop valve, and hell they sell the valve in a kit with their master cylinder, might as well do it all at once.  Snowball = level expert

This weekend's progress was fixing a cracked downpipe on my DD, I was coming home from a wedding on Saturday and the car sounded like an airplane. Took me 8 hours to get that rusted piece of shit off the car, fix it and reinstall. I already texted Bryan ( @Det_Riot ) yesterday with my feelings of FML. I swear I've been cursed recently, no matter what I do I get screwed out of time to work on it. I've completely given up on getting the car to Laconia the end of June, there's NO way in hell it will be done by then. Even if I had the multiple parts I've been waiting FOREVER for, some bullshit would come along and screw me so I'd have no time to do anything with them anyway. :angry:

This weekend's progress was fixing a cracked downpipe on my DD, I was coming home from a wedding on Saturday and the car sounded like an airplane. Took me 8 hours to get that rusted piece of shit off the car, fix it and reinstall. I already texted Bryan ( @Det_Riot ) yesterday with my feelings of FML. I swear I've been cursed recently, no matter what I do I get screwed out of time to work on it. I've completely given up on getting the car to Laconia the end of June, there's NO way in hell it will be done by then. Even if I had the multiple parts I've been waiting FOREVER for, some bullshit would come along and screw me so I'd have no time to do anything with them anyway. :angry:

Dislike :-( I hear yah man. Constant struggle is real

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Snowball = level expert

Haha, good stuff. I think most of us can relate.

Sorry to hear about the DD Dan. Chin up though, you'll get there. These things are marathons, not sprints. It's easy to forget that and get in a rush, though the end result is usually compromised.

Are you not able to get in a hour here and there during the week after work or something? I know that can be difficult though...by time things get moving it's ready to close up shop.

Haha, good stuff. I think most of us can relate.

Sorry to hear about the DD Dan. Chin up though, you'll get there. These things are marathons, not sprints. It's easy to forget that and get in a rush, though the end result is usually compromised.

Are you not able to get in a hour here and there during the week after work or something? I know that can be difficult though...by time things get moving it's ready to close up shop.

Yea I know, and it's a hobby so if I'm in a rush and not enjoying myself, it's not worth doing I suppose.

I only end up with about an hour of free time each night during the week, I only really have enough time to get anything accomplished on the weekends and recently those have been booked up before I had a chance to even try. I was set to have all day yesterday to work on the car, buuuuut the DD struck with a vengeance, lol.

and we still need to meet up so ican get your pipes , i had the same thing last weekend , first did tails on svo then did the headers and x on the 12 still waiting for the tune on that one

and we still need to meet up so ican get your pipes , i had the same thing last weekend , first did tails on svo then did the headers and x on the 12 still waiting for the tune on that one

I might be able to meet up Saturday for lunch if that works for you?

• Moderators

This is what happened to me when @95opal started pulling stuff out of my engine bay.  I am now custom plumbing all the brake lines (and probably fuel lines)...

Yea I know, and it's a hobby so if I'm in a rush and not enjoying myself, it's not worth doing I suppose.

I only end up with about an hour of free time each night during the week, I only really have enough time to get anything accomplished on the weekends and recently those have been booked up before I had a chance to even try. I was set to have all day yesterday to work on the car, buuuuut the DD struck with a vengeance, lol.

I feel ya.  I have barely touched my car since Rich left because life keeps getting in the way.  Now my dad is here whining and moaning about me ruining a perfectly good car.

Documented anywhere?  I sure would like to see the routes.  95opal don't know it but he has made me change my game a few times to try and keep up.

This is what happened to me when @95opal started pulling stuff out of my engine bay.  I am now custom plumbing all the brake lines (and probably fuel lines)...

• Moderators

Documented anywhere?  I sure would like to see the routes.  95opal don't know it but he has made me change my game a few times to try and keep up.

Not yet as I haven't started yet (life got in the way).  I plan to make the lines come off the master cylinder through the shock tower, under the frame rail and radiator support so that they are "tucked" as well.  Fuel lines I haven't really sorted out yet since I want to retain the hard lines.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....wassup with some bags?? 

See below. I'm starting to get burnt out, not on the car but on waiting endlessly for parts.

Even if I had the multiple parts I've been waiting FOREVER for

@Carbon Driven @torched03mach

See below. I'm starting to get burnt out, not on the car but on waiting endlessly for parts.

@Carbon Driven @torched03mach

Seems it is the name of the game when trying to build outside the box.

Totally get where you are coming from.

Waited forever for my rear wheels to be cut up and re-fabbed. Then to add insult to injury, the guy I sent them to in Cali to do the work ran into some financial "trouble" and ended up with some upset customers who did not get their wheels back.  Talk about anxiety, wondering if I would get my wheels back or not... 

In the end it's worth it, though.

...Now my dad is here whining and moaning about me ruining a perfectly good car.

Lol my dad did the same thing!  ... :rolleyes: is basically what I did.

Dan I feel yah.  I thought I'd be way further ahead then I am now.  Life happens man, no worries! B-)

i wish i could help ya figure something else out to get ya properly grounded but your case of OCD wouldn't allow that :P hahaa

Haha if I wanted to go back to the factory front control arms and run the coolride setup I could be in business, but that's not going to happen lol. It's either an air strut or stay static at this point.