95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

(The site double posted one of my posts here, so I deleted one, and it deleted both...lol. So I'm re-posting this lol)

You'll have to clearance washers for where ut mounts to the body between the control arms on one side. Look up a thread called non biased TeamZ k member install. Lol very helpful. That's where I got bit of insight from!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Found that thread on Corral, good find. Looks like the fitment issues are pretty minimal, that comes with the territory these days really. I think the ONLY thing I've bought for my car in recent memory that bolted right up with NO modifications at all was the front Wilwood brakes...but for what they cost they better bolt right up lol. I have to decide what rack bushings to run, I'd like to run solid bushings but a quick search didn't show any in offset.

That looks beefier than their first K-members.  Are you going to leave it the same color or strip it and go RED to match the IRS?

Also, thanks for the links to the power distro fused blocks.  I bought a few in different configurations.  Then went and bought a bunch (6) through panel fittings and other items for my battery cables.  Next up is my stereo.  I got a smoking deal (free) on a gently used $800 Kenwood single DIN with NAV.  You are making me step up my wiring game and I was  going to use the factory radio till I saw yours.

Funny you mention that, after it showed up I texted @Det_Riot a pic of it and he said "oh you shoulda let me know, I know the guy who does their powder coating and could have gotten it coated any color you want for no extra charge" or something to that effect. Ugh... so I'm gonna just leave the color as-is because I really do like the look of the silver vein finish, had I known I could have any color I would have gone with red to match the IRS but oh well.

No problem on the links, I looked around a while to find some nice blocks to use and those seemed to be the best balance of cost and features. The through-panel fittings are super nice and waaaaay better than just shoving a cable through a grommet. I kept picturing the cable wearing through the grommet and wire insulation, then shorting out and causing havoc. I take it as a huge compliment that I am making you step up your wiring game, lol because reading through your thread inspired me to step up mine!

Nice.. very familiar looking lol,,now instead of just lifting the motor to slide it all in just pull it and get to work on smoothing that bay

Would love to but F that for now, lol. I need this thing on the road before the snow flies, I'm in withdrawal. I forget what it's like to drive something with more than ~150rwhp

Would love to but F that for now, lol. I need this thing on the road before the snow flies, I'm in withdrawal. I forget what it's like to drive something with more than ~150rwhp

I dont see the missing set of bags though... ;)

any recommendations for a nice set of solid offset rack bushings, or are they only available in urethane?

I have Maximum Motorsports solid offset bushings on my car.  I've been pleased with them.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Steering-Rack-Bushings-Solid-1979-04-Mustang-with-MM-K-member-P467.aspx

Fair warning though, they specify with MM k-member and I do not know if they fit other manufacturers.  I imagine you could break out a caliper and measure the ID of the bushing area in your k-member and ask MM for measurements of their bushings.  I've asked them for technical data like that in the past on some of their parts and they've always accommodated me.

that K member looks killer! your dilemma will be how to show your underside wile aired out at a show lol. 

Bring some drive-on ramps and park the car on them, then air it out? lol

dont worry dan you will get a ride in something with more than 150 hp tomorrow

Yep! And it better be going all the way to Laconia too, no sense doing all the shit you've done to it recently only to leave it at Ryan's place!

I dont see the missing set of bags though... ;)

Oh it's still got a couple more months before it has a chance of seeing the road lol, I'm just saying if it isn't "done" enough to drive some before winter I'm going to lose my mind ;)

I have Maximum Motorsports solid offset bushings on my car.  I've been pleased with them.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Steering-Rack-Bushings-Solid-1979-04-Mustang-with-MM-K-member-P467.aspx

Fair warning though, they specify with MM k-member and I do not know if they fit other manufacturers.  I imagine you could break out a caliper and measure the ID of the bushing area in your k-member and ask MM for measurements of their bushings.  I've asked them for technical data like that in the past on some of their parts and they've always accommodated me.

Awesome thanks for the link, I'll look into it!

dang those are the ones i was going to get ..... jk i am thinking true forged or vossen

Troy are you bringing the 2012? I thought by the sound of it on FB you might be riding with Ryan and Katie?

Is Ryan (@prokiller) bringing his car? I know it was up in the air.

@95riosnake, I'm like 99% positive I have some poly offset rack bushings in my pile of parts, if you can find them tomorrow, they're yours.

@69clark, I'm not going to bring it this time.  I just got it inspected yesterday and I don't want a 7 hour each way trip to be it's maiden voyage.  still has some issues that I know of that I need to address before I trust it for such a long trip.  if we would have been able to get the house sooner, I would have had more time to get the car ready.  excuses, excuses, I know, but that's where I'm at.  life strikes again....

Troy are you bringing the 2012? I thought by the sound of it on FB you might be riding with Ryan and Katie?

Is Ryan (@prokiller) bringing his car? I know it was up in the air.

He BETTER be bringing it, otherwise none of us will even have a mustang there...just pitiful lol.

@95riosnake, I'm like 99% positive I have some poly offset rack bushings in my pile of parts, if you can find them tomorrow, they're yours.

Nice! I'll do some digging then, for the price of free I'll stick with urethane rather than going to solid :2thumb:

If not, solid it is

that was probably the best update I have seen in this thread yet!!!

I know right?

Troy was being sarcastic though, we were all in New Hampshire this past weekend at the Laconia show. @Prokiller happened to have some offset rack bushings in his garage and hooked me up with those though, so I guess that counts as progress lol.

Not much to report, as last weekend was spent in New Hampshire with a group of awesome people at the SmokinStangs Mustang Rally, but I do have a couple things to share. The rear Wilwoods are supposedly ready to ship, so they'll hopefully be on the way soon, then I can get to work on the parking brake setup.

The day I was on my way back from the show I got a delivery notification that my headers were back from Jet-Hot. I ran down to UPS the next day and picked them up and holy crap are they beautiful. It's almost a shame to put them on the car lol.

ubkf.jpg

Quick before/after comparison:

Before

nehvd.jpg

After:

1ro3.jpg

g945.jpg

The clearance dents actually look pretty decent too, not that you'll ever see them anyway though ;)

ngswv.jpg

tphq.jpg

I also was browsing the classifieds on a pro touring site and stumbled across a great deal. Picked up these DEI spark plug boots for $15 shipped :2thumb:

3mxok.jpg

Waiting on my CSR 107P starter to show up from Race-Mart (emailed them about availability before ordering and they said it would ship a couple days after I ordered...that was 2 weeks ago.... :angry:), then I can drop the trans, install a new rear main seal, then get the starter and headers on. The k member install will happen simultaneously so I can slip the headers right in with no k-member in the way, then bolt up the new one under them.

Lastly, I dropped off the side pipes with @Yeahloh95 when I dropped by his place to ride to Laconia with him, so those will be polished in the near future!

I also was browsing the classifieds on a pro touring site and stumbled across a great deal. Picked up these DEI spark plug boots for $15 shipped :2thumb:

3mxok.jpg

ugh i stared at these for like 2 minutes.  "How in the FUCK are these going to fit a 2v mod motor?"    then i slapped myself.  

Public service announcement: when shopping for parts, just go ahead and avoid Race-Mart. I had a problem getting a part from them a couple years back (took about a month and a half), and swore I would never buy from them again after that experience. When I was in the market for a starter, they had the one I wanted to run for $35 cheaper than anyone else, so I figured I'd email them to make sure they had it in stock, to which they responded it would be shipped by the end of the week (this was on a Monday) so it seemed like things would work out well. I placed the order and that was a month ago. I've emailed them multiple times and they first claimed that the shipment from CSR was later than expected, fast forward 2.5 weeks from that point and here we are, they say they are "Trying to get a straight answer out of CSR" ...whatever. I told them if it doesn't ship soon to cancel my order and I'll buy elsewhere.

Sucks about the starter, bud.  Can't imagine why a simple item like that should take so long.  Thanks for the advance warning from that vendor.

Side question, where/who are you purchasing your Wilwood setup through?

Dudeeee I cold of told you that! Just have summit price match it!

Summit price matches... ?

How the hell do I learn this after like 10 years of buying shit from them :mellow:

Sucks about the starter, bud.  Can't imagine why a simple item like that should take so long.  Thanks for the advance warning from that vendor.

I got the front W6A kit from TCE Performance, the rear kit is almost finished (or so I'm told). It's been many months of waiting on the rear kit, but I'm almost numb to waiting for parts at this point.

I wonder how long that guy is going to take to polish your exhaust ?????

Who knows, last I heard the guy skipped town after I dropped it off ;)

Sucks about the starter, bud. Can't imagine why a simple item like that should take so long. Thanks for the advance warning from that vendor.

Summit price matches... ?

How the hell do I learn this after like 10 years of buying shit from them :mellow:

Hell yah they price match. They saved me 100 bucks on my blow through bell housing by matching racemart

I got the front W6A kit from TCE Performance, the rear kit is almost finished (or so I'm told). It's been many months of waiting on the rear kit, but I'm almost numb to waiting for parts at this point.

Who knows, last I heard the guy skipped town after I dropped it off ;)

don't worry Dan, i'm holding his tent hostage

And I don't blame you for forgetting, it's been a while ( @Carbon Driven ) *taps foot* ;) haha just bustin your balls Rob

I replied to you the other day. Sorry but havent had time to fix the email notifications yet. Carbon more important lol.

Have a issue still with the connectors and trying to determine the best solution

Cut wires and leave us each only a couple inches but you can solder on more wire and not have to worry about the aftermarket weatherpack not fitting as you would have the original set. Or... Undo the wire pins and send the aftermarket weatherpak appropriate half and you can assemble with the new pins I bought. Cutton the wires short may affect my resale on the valves but not sure. Your call. LMK

I replied to you the other day. Sorry but havent had time to fix the email notifications yet. Carbon more important lol.

Have a issue still with the connectors and trying to determine the best solution

Cut wires and leave us each only a couple inches but you can solder on more wire and not have to worry about the aftermarket weatherpack not fitting as you would have the original set. Or... Undo the wire pins and send the aftermarket weatherpak appropriate half and you can assemble with the new pins I bought. Cutton the wires short may affect my resale on the valves but not sure. Your call. LMK

(moved this post to my thread so we don't clutter Tony's thread)

Regarding the new connector, what is the issue that would cause it to not fit? Did you buy one new half of the connector and aren't sure if it will fit the existing RideTech connector? I'm fine with whatever will work, as long as you include some instructions of what needs done (never wired an air ride setup before) lol

I have the original instructions so no worries there and I bagged what would fit and labeled them. So things will go together much quicker for you.

The connector is the right one BUT the keyway is in a different position so it doesnt go in. Original is at a 9 o clock position on one outer connector and 12 on the new one.

I feel like I should give you the original connectors and un crimp the bullet wire crimp if I can get them off the wires safely. Then you can wire up yourself and I know you would do a better job than I lol

It's up to you, the other option is to get me a part number for another connector with the matching 12 o'clock keyway so I can replace the original and they will fit. Otherwise, if they don't plug together it isn't gonna work out very well lol.

Thats the problem. I ordered the part number but the keyway is off by 90 degrees. I ordered from another source another pair n same thing.

I think ill send the original connector off my valves n provide the bullet connectors for you to crimp on.