Psychorugby

50 Shades of Red

• Moderators

I'm hoping to have an update after this weekend.  Plan is to get the front suspension buttoned up and weld some.

I kinda lied.  Suspension did not get buttoned up; maybe during the evenings this week.  I got the area around the 95 all cleaned up and the welder set up for Rich to come over Saturday morning:

F15AC9EE-9F30-4047-AE75-655B4CD97DE6_zps

The morning wasn't without its snags though, the welder didn't work.  So we had to go to Lowe's to exchange it for a new one.  Then the fun started.  Rich started grinding back all the welds he made last year with the shitty welder and flux core wire,a nd redoing them.  The day ended with the passenger side almost completely redone, almost done redoing the driver's side, and a "delete" plate over the hole for the main engine harness.  Thanks again @95opal for spending your Saturday working on my car and giving the lessons in car building!

3CD5D0E7-7132-4888-91AC-288A807C8EA5_zps

B1B2FB2A-55E3-4F85-980A-35DAC7EB0DF1_zps

• Moderators

@Psychorugby did you get any time in welding yourself?

I messed around with it before everyone else woke up yesterday.  I need a ton of practice before I start working on the engine bay.

• Moderators

looks good. glad to see work getting done! maybe if I had nice weather I would do the same :)

Thanks Josh!  Y'all should be getting some nicer weather soon right?  Or just move to FL.  Yesterday was the epitome of why we live here - 80° out, sunny, nice breeze.  I couldn't make myself stay home in the garage.

Looks really nice!  Should be a great car when its done!  Quite envious of all of these people shaving their bays!

Thanks!  I'd have never had the balls to do it without Rich being there.  I just hope I can remember how it all goes back together.

• Moderators

should be on its way. you made your engine bay panels correct? they are not the scott rod ones?

Yessir.  I'm not a fan of the Scott Rod panels.  That 45° bevel in the corners just looks weird... plus they're expensive.  I spent $30 in sheet metal, versus $250.

I tried making my own and they look like CRAP. soooo I have to cut them all out. I think im just going to buy the panels for the sake of I want to drive my car this summer

I think I have enough sheet metal in my garage to do another set  ;)

All looks great @Psychorugby @95opal !!!  Slang dem sparks!

• Moderators

I know I do.  I bought a full 4'x8' sheet of 20g and have used maybe 1/4 of it.  I do still need to make some stuff for the engine bay - the splash shields and a radiator cover for sure.

All looks great @Psychorugby @95opal !!!  Slang dem sparks!

i have a garage with a heater, plenty of booze and an engine bay that needs to get done....when you coming over?  bring the dogs, they can have a play date.

• Moderators

All this nice weather and you choose to go drinking instead of working on the bay grrrrrr

Bring the beer in the garage and get to it.

Did some of that last night... grinding and drinking.  I had to return the grinder though, so it's time to go get my own.

Did some of that last night... grinding and drinking.  I had to return the grinder though, so it's time to go get my own.

there ya go now try and do that more than once a year and youll make some headway lol

• Moderators

there ya go now try and do that more than once a year and youll make some headway lol

That's the idea.  Be nice if I got home before 7PM to work on it.  You've got Linda getting on me if I don't mess with the car a little bit every now and then.

That's the idea.  Be nice if I got home before 7PM to work on it.  You've got Linda getting on me if I don't mess with the car a little bit every now and then.

You have a severe case of laziness lol

• Moderators

You have a severe case of laziness lol

No denial here, but that wasn't the case Sunday.  That was a case of make the wife happy.

• Moderators

Before you start a new job you need to help find me a Windsor in one of your yards!!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

It's easier to find one on Craigslist.  I got mine for $150.

• Moderators

I didn't get any work done myself on my car this weekend, but I did get the rear end dropped off to be built!  That's progress right?  He should be done assembling it in a couple weeks (he was backlogged and I told him I'm not in a hurry).  Next step is to drop the K member tonight to get it to the welder to be fixed.

I didn't get any work done myself on my car this weekend, but I did get the rear end dropped off to be built! That's progress right? He should be done assembling it in a couple weeks (he was backlogged and I told him I'm not in a hurry). Next step is to drop the K member tonight to get it to the welder to be fixed.

YOU HAVE A WELDER!!! WHY ARE YOU GIVING IT TO OTHERS, PAYING MONEY, TO WELD SOMETHING YOU CAN DO YOURSELF!!!!!! [emoji57] [emoji56] [emoji32] [emoji31] [emoji30] [emoji19] [emoji9] [emoji10] [emoji11] [emoji12] [emoji13] [emoji14] [emoji7] [emoji1] [emoji2] [emoji12]

Sent from Space

• Moderators

YOU HAVE A WELDER!!! WHY ARE YOU GIVING IT TO OTHERS, PAYING MONEY, TO WELD SOMETHING YOU CAN DO YOURSELF!!!!!! [emoji57] [emoji56] [emoji32] [emoji31] [emoji30] [emoji19] [emoji9] [emoji10] [emoji11] [emoji12] [emoji13] [emoji14] [emoji7] [emoji1] [emoji2] [emoji12]

Sent from Space

I know I do, but I am not comfortable with my skills enough to weld something structural.

• Moderators

First system in the car is done!  Picked up the rear end on Friday (done a week or so early)!

DD3E595B-568C-4BBE-8571-37E9055653E7_zps

And threw a rotor and caliper bracket on just to see what it's all going to look like:

12F6C007-6C5A-432B-9D24-18889D176C8F_zps

I'll be rebuilding the rear calipers tonight assuming I can find all the parts.  I almost want to go buy remans from the parts store and scavenge all the parts off them then return them as cores.  After looking at mine, I wish I had completely taken the parking brake assembly apart before powder coat since everything is red now.  I guess you won't be able to see it anyway so I'll worry about it when I go to big boy brakes.

• Moderators

Progress woot woot,,,,looks good Chris

Thanks Rich!  Sounds weird, but you were at the forefront of my mind when I picked it up!  I do kinda wish I had cut the quad shock brackets off before powder coat for a cleaner look.  Oh well.

I've got to disassemble the front stuff to get the K member fixed, but I am hoping all of that is back by the time you're here again.  It's starting to feel like it might resemble a car soon.

Thanks Rich!  Sounds weird, but you were at the forefront of my mind when I picked it up!  I do kinda wish I had cut the quad shock brackets off before powder coat for a cleaner look.  Oh well.

I've got to disassemble the front stuff to get the K member fixed, but I am hoping all of that is back by the time you're here again.  It's starting to feel like it might resemble a car soon.

That gives you about 30 days better get a move on, be down the 31st lol

• Moderators

That gives you about 30 days better get a move on, be down the 31st lol

Awesome!  Well once the K member is off the car, it's out of my hands... but not like that is a vital piece of equipment for you and me.  I haven't touched the engine bay again though since the garage turned into a giant fire hazard.