Psychorugby

50 Shades of Red

• Moderators

You did a great job making your own panels. Looks like you fit them in there real nice. I'm sure it'll be smooth as glass when you're done!

Thanks, I couldn't have even gotten started with this without @95opal's help.

the snow ball effect is easy. mine started with swaping in an IRS. now i have a SHELL...with an IRS in it :D

I have a shell with some sheet metal welded in the engine bay!

Nice! 

Thanks!

Great progress Chris, like I said on FB you need to get some gas for that MM140, you'll be glad you did. It will weld much better, and require a lot less grinding. I use the Argon/co2 mix gas in mine and it works great.

• Moderators

Great progress Chris, like I said on FB you need to get some gas for that MM140, you'll be glad you did. It will weld much better, and require a lot less grinding. I use the Argon/co2 mix gas in mine and it works great.

That's what Rich keeps saying.  It's a rental welder, so I didn't feel like spending the $200+ on a gas tank, regulator, tips, wire, etc.  When I get my own, I will definitely get the gas for it.

Ohhh I didn't know you were renting a welder, makes sense I guess.

Keep your eyes peeled on CL for a nice little MIG maybe, they can usually be had with a cart and accessories minus the gas cylinder for a few hundred or less. It's rare that someone includes their gas cylinder though, so you'd still have to add that.

• Moderators

Ohhh I didn't know you were renting a welder, makes sense I guess.

Keep your eyes peeled on CL for a nice little MIG maybe, they can usually be had with a cart and accessories minus the gas cylinder for a few hundred or less. It's rare that someone includes their gas cylinder though, so you'd still have to add that.

Found one for $390. Trying to get my friend to go in half with me. Not working out as I planned lol.

• Moderators

Rich came over yesterday and damn near finished this up.  I don't know I would do without him... see my first attempt at welding below:

Passenger side almost done:

D3F9AB65-49E1-446F-B272-D8F0290DAC4D_zps

Whole bay:

015E580A-A358-4FA6-9151-6E562B0E42C2_zps

My first weld:

B3655B0A-FCEA-436E-BDE7-49F1ABD34782_zps

finally had time to catch up on this thread.  wow you guys have made some crazy progress on this build.  goes to show how much work can be accomplished with space to it in. 

• Moderators

What no updates? Do I need to come bye and get you motivated or has tax season have you working OT?

Don't do taxes... Not even my own. That being said, I've done absolutely nothing since I returned the welder. Not because I don't want to, but because I've put in 3 80+ hour weeks at work/school. Terrible excuse, I know. I want to be out today doing something, but just got roped into furniture shipping I think. Are you leaving tomorrow?

Yah WTF Chris. Go do something!

:-(

Don't do taxes... Not even my own. That being said, I've done absolutely nothing since I returned the welder. Not because I don't want to, but because I've put in 3 80+ hour weeks at work/school. Terrible excuse, I know. I want to be out today doing something, but just got roped into furniture shipping I think. Are you leaving tomorrow?

:-(

Nope gonna stick around another week or so...Still cold and snow up north...and Im allergic to that crap lol   plus I see 80* temps cuming up, could use a few daysof sunning myself before I head home haha

• Moderators

Nope gonna stick around another week or so...Still cold and snow up north...and Im allergic to that crap lol plus I see 80* temps cuming up, could use a few daysof sunning myself before I head home haha

Awesome! I'm supposed to go meet Jeremy next weekend in Lakeland to deliver stock control arms. Wish I could find a welder to buy on Craigslist so we could finish the job.

• Moderators

wait...where in Riverview are you at?  My home of record is Riverview and to be more specific...Krycul.  

Yessir!  Down on Balm-Riverview and McMullen.

Seeing this pop up in the new content got my hopes up that Chris dug the mustang out from under a pile of house stuff and worked on it :(

You and me both!  Fortunately, it's nor buried... and there is work to be done real soon.  I am a bump steer kit and a couple of holes in my spindles away from mocking up the front suspension and dropping the block on the K member to check for clearances.  Then a crap load of powder coat and she's a roller. 

• Moderators

did you get the fender aprons all finished up? any up to date pictures or no changes?

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

*breathe*

Hahahahhahahaahahahahaha

*breathe*

No.  No updates.  I suck.

• Moderators

and a nice Marine Unit I could go to ;)

Get on it man!  I need someone local to work on cars with!  (yes, I fully understand how the military works and know it is out of your control)

• Moderators

pinion nut still being a bastard?

Got it off last night!  Only things I couldn't get to loosen up are the brake hoses.  Powder coaters can deal with that.  I was pretty fed up.

i feel like all of this idle chatter chould have been car working time ;)  on a side note, move up here and work with sean and I. we are more than willing to share some of our FAIL with you :D

I wish I did for several reasons - (1) you could powder coat my stuff, (2) we could fail together, (3) car shows, (4) I would be closer to all this awesome garage stuff that @95riosnake keeps sending me!

• Moderators

Awesome garage stuff that's too far away for you to get you mean?

But if I lived near Josh and Sean, then I would be closer than I am now!

• Moderators

and you'd be closer to all the carlisle/CJ/AM show action

see point (3) lol.  We have Silver Springs here, and there is a fairly decent sized local show here this weekend... but nothing like Carlisle/CJ/AM.

Don't try to invade our turf you vagabond !!

Too damn cold up there anyway!