Psychorugby

50 Shades of Red

Damn @95opal you don't mess around! How do I convince you to come to Michigan for a winter and do this =p Looking good Chris! I'm sure the exciting is becoming unbearable now!

Michigan + winter = no shorts and tank.... :(  ....

You're definitely in the hands of someone who knows his shit when it comes to wire tucking! Looking great Chris, bet it feels awesome to be making progress finally!

Ive done a few here and there lol

It's amazing the work @95opal does.  I thought I was good at visualizing stuff, but he takes it to a whole new level.  Rich has truly been an inspiration and he is one of the most positive people I've ever met.  He can already see his car's red sister done before we even get started.

Glad I could help out

• Moderators

Glad I could help out

You've done way more than help.  You've been an inspiration and a new friend.  The car has gone from budget bolt-on to bang-for-buck show car thanks to you, @95riosnake and @iRoush.

• Moderators

Dang I havnt read up on your thread in a bit. Lookin great man! Way to break in the new garage!

Oh, it's broken in alright.  I may never get it clean again.

You've done way more than help.  You've been an inspiration and a new friend.  The car has gone from budget bolt-on to bang-for-buck show car thanks to you, @95riosnake and @iRoush.

hey you're the one with the build and the bank account funding it, not me haha, i'm just pointing you in the right directions ;). Keep up the good work bud!

• Moderators

Weighed a few things up last night, but I am not done:

K member - 50

Convertible X brace - 18

A arms - 30

Strut tower brace - 8

Front calipers - 25

Front rotors - 29

Hub assemblies - 10

Struts - 18

Power steering rack - 18

Springs - 38

Rear control arms - 18

Shocks - 12

Quad shocks - 4

Rear calipers, brackets, dust shields - 18

Rear rotors - 19

Mid pipe & cats - 50

Tail pipe & mufflers - 40

Flywheel - 20

Clutch assembly - 21

Rear end "dog bone" - 10

Dampening weight - 25

EGR lines - 4

ABS manifold - 14

Cruise control unit - 4

Misc crap - 7

Over 500lbs so far!

• Moderators

I wish I had weighed the front end garbage when I changed mine.  Seems to be a common question I get that I don't know the answer to lol.

Still have a giant box of crap to weigh - springs, rear sway bar, rear calipers, EGR crap, wiring, flywheel, transmission... and all the new stuff.  So far I have taken off at least 255lbs of crap.  She's still fat though.  This is why I have named my "shop" Heavy Horse Garage (and bar).

• Moderators

LOL spring perches at this point were a waste of $30.  I am positive that I will at least be running Maximum Motorsports coilovers up front.  I really need to sell my Cobra control arms and the H&R super sport springs.

LOL spring perches at this point were a waste of $30. I am positive that I will at least be running Maximum Motorsports coilovers up front. I really need to sell my Cobra control arms and the H&R super sport springs.

TROLOLOLOL ;)

• Moderators

That's how this addiction we all have works Chris! lol

I'm still in it a lot less than I should be based on retail.  I'd just like to sell some stuff before I get the new new parts!  If I can take a long lunch today, I will be getting some 16g sheet to start smoothing the bay.

• Moderators

I think @95opal was more excited than I was for this past Saturday.  Ashamed to admit this is the first time I've touched a cutoff wheel or fabbed anything up, but damn is it fun (except cleaning up afterward).  I can't wait to find a welder to rent so we can finish! 

No turning back now:

B7BBB7DC-0911-4E89-B2DD-67895CA3B1C1_zps

Who needs fender aprons?

FF1FA599-AEDA-4C28-9DEB-2CA0DDF151A5_zps

8FDC7239-30C6-4FC6-9EF6-810065F9B4FD_zps

Passenger side done:

9523DD12-E530-445C-85EC-9ED44D0790D1_zps

Almost there.  I need to recut the big panel for the driver's side.

2FF91429-B26B-438A-9837-3C50AE0CE3D8_zps

• Moderators

Looking good guys! You two are doing a bang up job!

Yes!! Very nicely done.

Sent from Space

Thanks guys!  I'd have never had the courage to hack up my car like this if it weren't for @95opal's attitude and teaching ability!  I've got a few small ideas brewing to tidy up the bay.  I've got nothing but time, so I am taking all ideas lol.

• Moderators

man i wish i would have done this when i had my motor out.  Lookin great!

The only reason I even pulled the motor was because @95opal was in town.  Until Rich showed up, I was just going to bolt on the pieces I had and drive it as I could.  Now it's gone to the next level.  I've only got time; money is in short supply, so I decided to do what I could to clean up everything and finally have a car of which I could be proud.

The only reason I even pulled the motor was because @95opal was in town. Until Rich showed up, I was just going to bolt on the pieces I had and drive it as I could. Now it's gone to the next level. I've only got time; money is in short supply, so I decided to do what I could to clean up everything and finally have a car of which I could be proud.

Glad Rich could light a fire under your ass and get you motivated ;) someone needed to do it :P

• Moderators

Glad Rich could light a fire under your ass and get you motivated ;) someone needed to do it :P

Wasn't so much a matter of motivation as it was having a place to work on the damn thing.  My OCD probably would have taken over, but not to this level.  Now the whole interior is coming out to be redone and so all the jambs can be resprayed as well as the exterior and engine bay.  My dad's mid-life crisis car has become my almost mid-life crisis car.

• Moderators

HAHAHAHA best response to a build thread I've ever seen. I feel like mine is an avalanche most of the time. :unsure:

I guess I am truly learning from the best then!  Shame it's not a white car to change the name of the project.  

Bought a 30" bending brake from Harbor Freight last night, so I suspect engine bay panels will be getting a rework soon.  Need to get something significant done before ROTM voting lol.