Psychorugby

50 Shades of Red

• Moderators

Lol at least you've made progress other places. As long as the bay is finished by time the motor go's in lol

That won't be a problem.  For whatever reason, the welder intimidates the shit out of me I think is the problem.  

• Moderators

The rear looks great! 

Thanks!  I've got a few things left to do to it, then I have to figure out how to move that heavy mofo to the back of the car.

Thanks!  I've got a few things left to do to it, then I have to figure out how to move that heavy mofo to the back of the car.

Transmission jack or the trans adapter for a floor jack works great!  

• Moderators

Transmission jack or the trans adapter for a floor jack works great!  

Probably going to have to use furniture dollies to move it.  I have limited space on the side of the car with which I can work.

• Moderators

Look at me!  I did a thing!

26256A45-11D9-4136-959B-DE5260386C9F_zps

9AA9765F-B6BB-454F-8220-DD4C3FA1EC4F_zps

Finally over the intimidation of the welder... and actually got a couple decent beads thrown down.  I've got a shitload of grinding, one more panel to burn in, and a shitload more grinding to go.  Welding is fun, grinding blows.  A lot.  It's also 110° in my garage and 85% humidity.  I don't think the Harbor Freight mask is long for this world.  I was seeing spots for a couple hours after welding.

• Moderators

I should be down Thanksgiving, however my sister moved again so they are in Boca now. 

Awww wtf?  It's only 3.5 hours away, but still...

• Moderators

Hey I don't know if you're aware, but the axle goes in the back. Just a heads up.

Haha... gotta get these lower control arms someone beat to shit fixed up!  Oh, and move the freezer, old wheels/tires, and 238570398472305732 paint cans out of the way to get the rear end back there.

Look at me!  I did a thing!

26256A45-11D9-4136-959B-DE5260386C9F_zps

9AA9765F-B6BB-454F-8220-DD4C3FA1EC4F_zps

Finally over the intimidation of the welder... and actually got a couple decent beads thrown down.  I've got a shitload of grinding, one more panel to burn in, and a shitload more grinding to go.  Welding is fun, grinding blows.  A lot.  It's also 110° in my garage and 85% humidity.  I don't think the Harbor Freight mask is long for this world.  I was seeing spots for a couple hours after welding.

Worlds first SN Gasser drag car

• Moderators

Got some more parts to collect dust, thanks to @Det_Riot...

Borla side exit exhaust tips:

884E67D8-7626-4A50-9382-468E5F81BBFA_zps

And export tail lights:

C907CAC7-9D96-4890-937E-D28E40C6029E_zps

Just one more must have rare part to go... AFM/Bassani big tube shorties.

Got some more parts to collect dust, thanks to @Det_Riot...

Borla side exit exhaust tips:884E67D8-7626-4A50-9382-468E5F81BBFA_zps

And export tail lights:C907CAC7-9D96-4890-937E-D28E40C6029E_zps

Just one more must have rare part to go... AFM/Bassani big tube shorties.

Good luck on the big tubes... Been after a set for 4 years now lol

• Moderators

Good luck on the big tubes... Been after a set for 4 years now lol

I think I've been looking for them for three.  I've had two or three sets slip through my fingers, and some other asshole that wanted $800 because they were jet hot coated.

I think I've been looking for them for three.  I've had two or three sets slip through my fingers, and some other asshole that wanted $800 because they were jet hot coated.

Well when they were being sold threw anderson they were $600 new

• Moderators

Well when they were being sold threw anderson they were $600 new

Realizing they don't make them any longer, I think the last I saw them on their website they were $450.  I actually called AFM and asked if they planned to make them again; they said yes if they could find a manufacturer.  I haven't yet since I am nowhere near that stage, but I'm wondering if they'll provide some specs or drawings so I can get them made on my own.

I'd be shocked if Anderson gave that to you.  I live about 25 minutes from them.  I know they do a lot with MM&FF but their reputation with the actual enthusiasts in the area is complete mud.  They've blown up so many cars and treated so many people like shit that no one goes to them anymore unless they're totally unaware.  It especially went downhill after Rick left.

• Moderators

I'd be shocked if Anderson gave that to you.  I live about 25 minutes from them.  I know they do a lot with MM&FF but their reputation with the actual enthusiasts in the area is complete mud.  They've blown up so many cars and treated so many people like shit that no one goes to them anymore unless they're totally unaware.  It especially went downhill after Rick left.

Interesting.  The guy I talked to was about the friendliest person ever and was really forthcoming about everything.  Although I guess that explains why no one will make the headers for them anymore.

• Moderators

If im not mistaken flowtech makes big tubes but for 351 not sure if there would be any fitment issues with them or what.

Good thing I have a 351... I have Flowtech on the 66 and the ceramic coating didn't hold up for shit on them.  I definitely need to get them recoated if not replaced.

wow didn't know rick left.  when did that happen?  

wow didn't know rick left.  when did that happen?  

I want to say maybe a year and a half ago, maybe longer.  That's at least when I heard about it.  Could have been before then even.  I've seen him out and about at a few shows last year with his four-eye.  It's an absolutely killer car.

I want to say maybe a year and a half ago, maybe longer.  That's at least when I heard about it.  Could have been before then even.  I've seen him out and about at a few shows last year with his four-eye.  It's an absolutely killer car.

wonder what he's doing now?

• Moderators

No pictures to speak of, but @95opal came over last weekend, showed me what I was doing wrong with the welder and instilled some confidence.  I've probably got a solid weekend's worth of work left of welding, then I get to learn some body work with All-Metal.  I should be able to get her into paint this year... which means I need to figure out my trunk situation and find a Saleen tonneau cover.

Also took my knock-off K member to my welder to have him fix it so I could use the upper mount holes for the A-arms since the nuts won't fit.  He told me to use jamb nuts instead.  Go figure, a $2.00 fix and I'm done!  So the suspension is done save for the sway bars.

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Det_Riot said:

progress is the best! glad to see you making a little headway on the car!

The next few weekends are a filled up with the St. Pete Grand Prix and baby shower.  I'm working this week on finishing up the crown moulding in the dining room so I can get back to welding after work.  She will be ready for body work before Rich leaves come hell or high water.

Very envious you get to go to St. Pete.

I'm trying to find some cheap tickets to the GP of Indy.  The 500 could be fun but I'm a F1 fan first and foremost, and ovals bore me.

Edited by Tabres

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Tabres said:

Very envious you get to go to St. Pete.

I'm trying to find some cheap tickets to the GP of Indy.  The 500 could be fun but I'm a F1 fan first and foremost, and ovals bore me.

We go just about every year since it's 45 minutes away.  It's a great way to kill a day in nice weather.  The Indy cars are cool, but I much prefer watching the GT cars and the lower classes run on Saturday... plus Stadium Trucks.