arayray

arayray's 96 Cobra Build

Today we got my IRS all back together and bolted up in. We swung it down and hoisted the car up in the air and assembled it, once everything was together we lowered the car and swung the IRS onto a jack and jacked it up into place. The rear bushings were very finicky and needed persuasion to go into place. I got everything installed, shocks, springs, rotors and brakes. We filled the diff with Royal Purple once it was up in place. 

The last few things to do are:

Bleed the brakes

Install front springs & struts

Orderer mufflers, tips and polish exhaust

Put the rear trunk gas door and interior back in

Route abs wires up into the rear seat

IMG_20141201_092310_zpswajahyxa.jpg

IMG_20141201_150649_zpsubwiue2b.jpg

IMG_20141201_103609_zpsibgouz2i.jpg

got a lot done in such a short time with that rear.  good job!

Thank you! I got the ABS wires routed up into the car and the rear seat back in, I also got the trunk interior all back together with the gas door back on. I need to get a thin piece of wood to put in the trunk to keep the carpet from falling into where the tire should be (i don't have a spare).

I'm going to get some fresh 93 octane to put in the tank so I can get it started up and then we are going to bleed the brakes. Once that is done and I can get it down on the ground  again I will get the front suspension done then work on the exhaust.

Today I got the brakes bleed and there was no leaks! (Phew!) I also secured the ebrake cables up and out of the way, got the wheels back on and the car on the ground! We charged the battery up some and got it started, everything went smoothly. I just need to do the front springs/struts and get the exhaust done. 

The rear springs are still are the same ride height as my old Ford Racing B Springs, I'm assuming they will settle in but I put both upper & lower ISO back in. Hoping the front stays the same or lowers some. We will see!

I haven't done much to the cobra lately. I ordered magnaflow magnapack mufflers the other day and got them in. I bolted everything up and realized the connection to the rear of the muffler needs to be shrunk so it can slip inside the muffler. I decided I am going to polish the pipes that go under the IRS and I am going to get new exhaust tips and paint/clear coat them black. 

I am hoping to get a few other odds and ends done before I leave for basic in March! 

IMG_20150118_142132_zpsbxlobthu.jpg

IMG_20150118_141223_zpsi8s9lmia.jpg

IMG_20150118_141218_zps54g0kxkf.jpg

IMG_20150118_134040_zpssvudjmpq.jpg

IMG_20150118_134049_zpskrdtwc6n.jpg

IMG_20150118_141239_zpse7jgw2k8.jpg

I got my custom made 'SVT' patches in the other day along with some floor mats from LMR. Today I glued the patches on, I'm hoping they will hold or I will get them stitched if they don't. They came out great and I'm very happy with them! I also bought a set of 1 inch wheel spacers. I'm hoping it will make the rear wheel look better since they look 'tucked'. I will get pictures of the spacers tomorrow when I put them on.

IMG_20150131_112813_zps3ezytlhs.jpg

IMG_20150201_122856_zps3jtvublf.jpg

IMG_20150201_154305_zps6hjimhfg.jpg

IMG_20150201_154609_zpsxsmrg65r.jpg

IMG_20150201_154937_zps4h2ycgiy.jpg

Looks awesome! The subtle green touches you're doing are phenomenal.  I would stitched them on to begin with jmo!

Thanks man! The glue is holding really well for now, but if they do loosen up I will get them stitched on. 

I like the mats and patches a lot. That's a nice little touch. Has the stock flavor to it with a little extra. Where'd you get the patches?

Thank you! I got them off of etsy.com, their username is 'Emmabellish'. 

I agree the custom SVT patches look great! As far as attaching them, the following how-to thread is a great method :2thumb:

http://www.sn95source.com/topic/2301-diy-cobra-or-other-logo-floor-mats-on-the-cheap/?hl=%2Bfloor+%2Bmat

Thanks man, that's where I got the idea from  :2thumb:  :D

Thanks man, that's where I got the idea from  :2thumb:  :D

Oh ok, it should last just fine then. The guy that posted it originally said he's had them like that for years now with no issues

I saved that etsy seller for future reference. I don't have anything in mind currently but I could see possibly needing some stitched patches sometime in the future.

Not much has been going on since I left for the Air Force, I ordered a trunk panel off of SVTP and my Dad pulled the springs back out and got them powercoated green to match my calipers/sway bar etc. and to go along with the green theme! 

I ordered exhaust tips and my Dad is going to polish the exhaust and have it welded so that will finally be done. I can't wait to drive it when I come back home!

IMG_20150530_020435_zpsvdarnc7a.jpg

Not much has been going on since I left for the Air Force, I ordered a trunk panel off of SVTP and my Dad pulled the springs back out and got them powercoated green to match my calipers/sway bar etc. and to go along with the green theme! 

I ordered exhaust tips and my Dad is going to polish the exhaust and have it welded so that will finally be done. I can't wait to drive it when I come back home!

IMG_20150530_020435_zpsvdarnc7a.jpg

love that panel. who makes these? 

oh...i thought it was a company or something lol. he does good work it looks like. i suppose you could get any material/colors you wanted done maybe? 

Send it my way as well please!!!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

+1  

Also about how much did he charge for the piece?

It looks great BTW.

oh...i thought it was a company or something lol. he does good work it looks like. i suppose you could get any material/colors you wanted done maybe? 

Sent you guys his info. He charged me $120 shipped and he does anything from 'GT, SVT, Terminator, Saleen' etc in most likely any color you want! 

I would love to steal your cross over delete for my build.. 

I want it so bad.. can I copiez it on my car pweese?

Sure thing man! If you need any help with it, feel free to ask! On3 Performance sold me everything for the kit - braided hose, fittings and the actual hardware. There is a good thread on Corral if you look for it.

It's been awhile since I did one so I'm trying my hand at it. If I can get it to work out send me yours and your paint and I'll do it for ya

d5c24f9c818b86468ee1261590dbc59f.jpg

Sent from my iPhablet

I never needed to burp it, yes I drilled 4 holes into it. Here is where I started to do the install.

Sorry, I didn't even think to look that far back man, my mind is in a million places at once. 

Love the green. Very nice touches!

Thanks man!

It's been awhile since I did one so I'm trying my hand at it. If I can get it to work out send me yours and your paint and I'll do it for ya

d5c24f9c818b86468ee1261590dbc59f.jpg

Sent from my iPhablet

That'd be awesome man! I can't imagine it'd be hard to do but I just don't have time to do it right now. 

Sorry, I didn't even think to look that far back man, my mind is in a million places at once. 

You're good man, no worries! If you need any help, feel free to ask!

I am going home this week and I can't wait to get my car finished up and back on the road! I have been getting alot of dress up items for it and can't wait to finish it! 

Here is some of the things I am working on:

- Trunk Panel (I already posted) 

- Custom 'Cobra' Door sills

- Powdercoated springs

- Metal Rad Support cover with 'Cobra' painted in green

- Custom Green & Black Ford Oval Emblem

- Custom Green 'SVT' center caps

IMG_20150807_155251_zpsweuvk3y3.jpg

IMG_20150810_173053_01_zpsg1nhazsi.jpg

Screenshot_2015-08-10-18-23-23_zpshbpvxs

Just got back from being home on leave. It was fun while it lasted! Got to mess around and had alot of fun with the car. Put my door sills on, trunk panel on and got my exhaust finished up. 

11052036_10156022764440026_8291041943666

Took a little cruise out to the Flight 93 Memorial and it was awesome to go back and see exactly what I signed up to defend against and make sure never happens again! While I was there, I took the chance to get some pictures.

IMG_8998_zpsgzkrvv3x.jpg

IMG_8997_zpsjvfpmsqb.jpg

IMG_8995_zpsomrq1qic.jpg

IMG_8987_zpsagucxgaj.jpg

IMG_8986_zpsekdqrvop.jpg

IMG_8985_zpspkz5ew54.jpg

IMG_8983_zpsmia5vmmz.jpg

IMG_8982_zps1wtcfhu3.jpg

IMG_8965_zpsfuqajdhg.jpg

Check out my exhaust video here: